Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIDEPOD

Goodbye Farce 1, You Will Not Be Missed!

Team orders, restricted racing, corporate robots, no refueling, fake overtaking (KERS/DRS)...having just watched the Malaysian GP. Disgusted with being cheated of watching a good race...perhaps this will be my last year as a Farce 1 fan. Time to switch over to another racing series that respects fans and shows some real racing...understand Montoya's departure better now. Going to vote with my remote and watch something else... Am I the only one that feels cheated and used as a means of generating revenue? Is this still a SPORT or just a TV show with manipulated race results? Know there is already a thread on the Malaysian GP. Started a diff one as this is about more than just one race...

We have known for quite a long time this is about business. Most people won't like that but it is what it is.

My views on each of ur points:

Team Orders - I'm against it, but when they were banned, they'd still occur anyway, so it's a bit hard to deal with it. As a driver, i'd like to win knowing I DROVE MY WAY UP THERE, without relying on someone else's help, but well...

Restricted Racing - I think it was more of a 'Be careful' situation. The thing with it is that Mark and Seb have been through all this before, and it didn't end up nicely back then. No team wants both cars out. However, if they are both respectful to eachother, I see no reason to tell them to stay where they are. That's against the whole racing idea. Sebastian might've been a wee too aggressive, but how boring would've been the race if he just waited there forever? Let them race, aware them of the consequences if it goes badly.

No refueling - See, when they stopped with refueling I thought it was gonna make formula one too boring, but I was wrong. I do like how it's going, as the tyres changes make up for that. However, I do miss when refueling was yet another thing that could mess up/help with someone's strategy.

DRS - Don't like the idea of it, but I understand it was a solution they came up with to increase overtaking after getting rid of different fuel strategies. And even after you're overtaken, you'll also be able to get it back and use DRS, so it's ok to me.

As much as I would like to see the end of alot of the current rules in modern day F1, I can't seem to get into any formula of motorsport. V8 Supercars, meh. It doesn't do it for me anymore. It used to several years ago, but now I find very little excitement from it. I was however a big Indycar fan before they split into two. Never been the same since. Heck the cars look freaking retarded now. WRC I was into alot in the past, but it's so hard to watch now as you get massively delayed broadcasts of it. But I peaked watching this when McRae was around. Le Mans I love too, but again get little to no coverage of it either.

So for better for worse, F1 really is the only thing I get excited about, even if more often that not it's a letdown.

I am happy for you to have decided to devote your time to something you find more enjoyable. There is really no justification for being miserable or angry during your free time. I hope your next form of entertainment offers you whatever it is you seek.

I personally think Formula One is excellent and don't seem to notice many of the negatives others see. That is not to say anyone is right or wrong in what they perceive in F1, just that I will continue to enjoy it. :)

Well, I just saw an incredible pass (sans DRS and KERS) by.... Sato! remember him? He is driving indy cars, and boy, was it exciting to watch (St. Petersburg, Fl). Kubica will contest 7 rallies in the WRC series this year, after crashing out (and almost going down a cliff face) in the Canary Island rally (he was leading by 1m05s at that point). DTM is heating up. PLENTY to choose from. And I agree - this was a farce, not a race.

We have known for quite a long time this is about business. Most people won't like that but it is what it is.

Team Orders - I'm against it, but when they were banned, they'd still occur anyway, so it's a bit hard to deal with it. As a driver, i'd like to win knowing I DROVE MY WAY UP THERE, without relying on someone else's help, but well...

Restricted Racing - I think it was more of a 'Be careful' situation. The thing with it is that Mark and Seb have been through all this before, and it didn't end up nicely back then. No team wants both cars out. However, if they are both respectful to eachother, I see no reason to tell them to stay where they are. That's against the whole racing idea. Sebastian might've been a wee too aggressive, but how boring would've been the race if he just waited there forever? Let them race, aware them of the consequences if it goes badly.

No refueling - See, when they stopped with refueling I thought it was gonna make formula one too boring, but I was wrong. I do like how it's going, as the tyres changes make up for that. However, I do miss when refueling was yet another thing that could mess up/help with someone's strategy.

DRS - Don't like the idea of it, but I understand it was a solution they came up with to increase overtaking after getting rid of different fuel strategies. And even after you're overtaken, you'll also be able to get it back and use DRS, so it's ok to me.

PLEASE post something I can disagree with? I miss good 'ole times...

you just love to hate me, dont you? ^^

And vice versa, I'm sure. goldeneye.gif

I found the fault with your reasoning. As per Webber, they were both told that the race was over and to dial down their engines. Therefore, Webber expected that, according to his team, Vettel would not be racing or trying to pass him. So, in effect, Vettel cheated. As is appropriate of a team that was cheating for years now. I mean, "were finding ways to bend the rules."

tbh i had forgotten about you.

Funny, I work with a lady JUST like you - nasty, sarcastic, and vindictive.[ It's GOOD to be back...]checkit.gif

Team orders, restricted racing, corporate robots, no refueling, fake overtaking (KERS/DRS)...having just watched the Malaysian GP. Disgusted with being cheated of watching a good race...perhaps this will be my last year as a Farce 1 fan. Time to switch over to another racing series that respects fans and shows some real racing...understand Montoya's departure better now. Going to vote with my remote and watch something else... Am I the only one that feels cheated and used as a means of generating revenue? Is this still a SPORT or just a TV show with manipulated race results? Know there is already a thread on the Malaysian GP. Started a diff one as this is about more than just one race...

I woke up this morning to a few similarly distressed emails. Amusing stuff. The only thing you forgot to say was...

Who's with me?

The goof aside, you are correct of course. The economic interests of the show runners, the complicity of the press, and the mob-like mentality of the fans have been destroying F1 for years now.

Thinking back, the tipping point could have been 2006, when it was decided to grant Schumacher a last parting championship. Since then, and until I gave up myself, the scandals have been non-stop, each one bigger than the next.

After all, who is really surprised by this particular outcome? No one. That is the sad truth.

Anyway, I figured no one here (or anywhere) would be asking whether Vettel or Hamilton would now deserve the championship if they were to win it... I mean, if their respective teams were to gift it to them... again.

EDIT: The rebranding of the site is odd.

Eh, I'm not crazy about the whole driving at 8/10ths for the entire race because the tires are constantly falling apart, or they measure the fuel down to the ml and have to nurse the car at the end of the race. I say stick some tires on there that will hold up for half the race at full bore, and let them hammer.

I am happy for you to have decided to devote your time to something you find more enjoyable. There is really no justification for being miserable or angry during your free time. I hope your next form of entertainment offers you whatever it is you seek.

I personally think Formula One is excellent and don't seem to notice many of the negatives others see. That is not to say anyone is right or wrong in what they perceive in F1, just that I will continue to enjoy it. :)

This.

Thanks. You saved me some finger tapping.

Nice to see good old TF1ers (or it is new GPTodayers eusa_think.gif ) in so good form. laugh.png

How are you doing, my friend? I seem to remember you were dealing with some issues. Hope all is well.

We have known for quite a long time this is about business. Most people won't like that but it is what it is...

Understand the business part. Just that life is about balance and there should be a balance between the business side and the sporting side. The Olympics too is a business but that remains in the background as it is the commercial side of the sport and fans mostly see the sporting side only. I think in the case of Farce 1 the business side should be left off the track. Would really like to see team mates battle it out...throwing caution to the wind!! Giles Villeneuve did not win a title, but don't think anyone does not know about him...think there is too much focus on the title instead of driving the wheels off the car. I'm not a Hamilton fan...but do like this part about him... Have I just opened a can of worms by mentioning Hamilton? fisticufs.gif

This.

Thanks. You saved me some finger tapping.

Hmm nope it is keyboard tapping...finger tapping brings to mind images of impatience with the operational speed of the bartender!! loljump.gif

Webber will go balls out now, and not give two hoots about Seb. That, has to be a positive.

Hmm. The team pays the drivers. They do what the team tell them to do. There are no variables. Vettel is an extremely arrogant young man. He is also a liar. Personally, I would ban him for at least one race. If that doesn't happen, there will be open warfare in that garage.

EDIT: The rebranding of the site is odd.

Maybe YOU are odd.

BTW, in case you missed, Alonso still has'nt won a championship since he joined ferrari. In the race this weekend he made 2 mistakes entirely on his own. There, I have now brought you up to speed

Old times indeed...

Hmm. The team pays the drivers. They do what the team tell them to do. There are no variables. Vettel is an extremely arrogant young man. He is also a liar. Personally, I would ban him for at least one race. If that doesn't happen, there will be open warfare in that garage.

I agree on the race ban but, let's be honest, it is too late to do anything about Vettel's attitude.

Hamilton would today be a far superior racer if he had gotten that race ban himself after accusing McLaren of fixing Monaco 07. Too late for that too.

Maybe YOU are odd.

Please.

BTW, in case you missed, Alonso still has'nt won a championship since he joined ferrari. In the race this weekend he made 2 mistakes entirely on his own. There, I have now brought you up to speed

And who gives a sht about Alonso... ah, the haters, of course.

I personally think Formula One is excellent and don't seem to notice many of the negatives others see. That is not to say anyone is right or wrong in what they perceive in F1, just that I will continue to enjoy it. smile.png

Indeed. If you don't like it, there is the door. Just don't rock the boat.

Indeed. If you don't like it, there is the door. Just don't rock the boat.

Now, now. The words that aren't there are absent because they do not apply. I welcome all perspectives, even the ones with which I do not agree. The reason you come here and do not see the discussion you want to see is simply that the vast majority of people who post here are Formula One fans. Most people who do not like Formula One do not choose to post on F1 forums. It is not that we don't welcome them; it's simply that they choose not to participate. To me, that makes sense. So, no, you won't see a ton of your sentiments, not because they aren't welcome, but because the others who hold them aren't interested in spending time with a community of F1 fans.

As I said in my post, "that is not to say anyone is right or wrong in what they perceive in F1." Rock whatever boats you'd like, Maure. Just don't be surprised if you can't tip a boat full of people who enjoy F1.