Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIDEPOD

Goodbye Farce 1, You Will Not Be Missed!

" So, in effect, Vettel cheated.

1) Always had the best car

2) Good when he starts in P1

3) cheats

we now know why they call him baby shumi.

As fun as moaning about things is, it's always a lot more fun to either stop engaging with things you genuinely don't enjoy, or changing your perspective so you enjoy them. Thank me later!

As fun as moaning about things is, it's always a lot more fun to either stop engaging with things you genuinely don't enjoy, or changing your perspective so you enjoy them. Thank me later!

B-b-but...I enjoy moaning!

1) Always had the best car

2) Good when he starts in P1

3) cheats

we now know why they call him baby shumi.

Same genetic material?

I found the fault with your reasoning. As per Webber, they were both told that the race was over and to dial down their engines. Therefore, Webber expected that, according to his team, Vettel would not be racing or trying to pass him. So, in effect, Vettel cheated. As is appropriate of a team that was cheating for years now. I mean, "were finding ways to bend the rules."

Well then again all the times Mark recieved a team order and decided not to take it, Sebastian expected it to happen and it didnt.

I dont like team orders and I never will, but the only way to cut them off is going bk to the old pitboards. I don't like the fact RBR told drivers not to race eachother, because this is a race, but I also don't like the fact Sebastian did it because it might've beeb previously agreed he'd not do so.

How are you doing, my friend? I seem to remember you were dealing with some issues. Hope all is well.

Life is an issue sometimes but it's ok as long as you can deal with it. Hope everything's fine for you.

As for the subject in this thread I have a few complaints about F1 (FOM, FIA, etc.) but they're not related to Malaysia GP 2013.

Now, now. The words that aren't there are absent because they do not apply. I welcome all perspectives, even the ones with which I do not agree. The reason you come here and do not see the discussion you want to see is simply that the vast majority of people who post here are Formula One fans. Most people who do not like Formula One do not choose to post on F1 forums. It is not that we don't welcome them; it's simply that they choose not to participate. To me, that makes sense. So, no, you won't see a ton of your sentiments, not because they aren't welcome, but because the others who hold them aren't interested in spending time with a community of F1 fans.

As I said in my post, "that is not to say anyone is right or wrong in what they perceive in F1." Rock whatever boats you'd like, Maure. Just don't be surprised if you can't tip a boat full of people who enjoy F1.

A rational post that, nonetheless, misses the point.

The scandals that regularly crush F1 are not my doing and enjoying F1 does not require pretending F1 does not have incredible obstacles to overcome.

The truth is that the "podium of shame" (a friend's words) is there. Now, deal. Don't put up smokescreens of false enjoyment. Vettel took advantage of RBR slowing down Webber and Hamilton had a magical car that, when it had problems, impaired the performance of his teammate's. That, and only that, is what you are dealing with.

EDIT: The rebranding still feels odd.

Life is an issue sometimes but it's ok as long as you can deal with it. Hope everything's fine for you.

As for the subject in this thread I have a few complaints about F1 (FOM, FIA, etc.) but they're not related to Malaysia GP 2013.

Good to hear.

Yeah, I was told it was a good GP racing-wise. Pity the politics... but, then again, that is what has dragged F1 through the mud since forever.

F1 among other "sports" such as Boxing, soccer nowadays is just business and entertainment. It's 94% Business ( money controls everything) and 6% Sports (actual competition). Our choice to be entertained (sometimes get upset at Pirellis eyebrow22.gif ) or do something else.

I thought I was done with F1 last year, what with the tyres, the DRS, team orders, the way it's shown on the BBC etc. So I made a decision to watch motogp instead. To be honest I love the bikes and really learnt a lot about them thanks to some kind people on a motogp forum who helped me out. At the end of this season the BBC loses the rights to show it and it goes to BT Vision, which means I won't be able to watch it sad.png Yes, I know you can watch it online but I can't do that, I won't bore you with the reasons why.

Add to that I was trying really hard not to read stuff about F1 or watch any of it and I suddenly had this overwhelming urge to watch it again. I lasted a whole 3 races of not watching it and now I'm back and I'm finding I can't not watch it after all despite the issues I had with it.

Of course now I have to watch both series this year.

I thought I was done with F1 last year, what with the tyres, the DRS, team orders, the way it's shown on the BBC etc. So I made a decision to watch motogp instead. To be honest I love the bikes and really learnt a lot about them thanks to some kind people on a motogp forum who helped me out. At the end of this season the BBC loses the rights to show it and it goes to BT Vision, which means I won't be able to watch it sad.png Yes, I know you can watch it online but I can't do that, I won't bore you with the reasons why.

Add to that I was trying really hard not to read stuff about F1 or watch any of it and I suddenly had this overwhelming urge to watch it again. I lasted a whole 3 races of not watching it and now I'm back and I'm finding I can't not watch it after all despite the issues I had with it.

Of course now I have to watch both series this year.

The bike races are good, especially this year with Marquez. Just a shame about Stoner. I'm always surprised that people who follow F1 don't follow MotoGP, it seems so natural to follow both. I didn't know the BBC were losing the rights to MotoGP, that's a shame. Streams it will have to be.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Yes Marquez sure is a talent isn't he? Have to say I am a Cal Crutchlow fan and his ride yesterday to get his best result ever was awesome, especially when you consider the crash had on Saturday that left him with a broken shin bone and internal bleeding. What a ride!!!

The best part for me was Dovizioso and then Hayden showing Rossi how it's done on a Ducati ;)

The bike races are good, especially this year with Marquez. Just a shame about Stoner. I'm always surprised that people who follow F1 don't follow MotoGP, it seems so natural to follow both. I didn't know the BBC were losing the rights to MotoGP, that's a shame. Streams it will have to be.

Welcome to the forum.

Because motorbikes don't have wings, George!

MotoGP is especially good this year. Don't forget Moto3 and Moto2.

Regarding why few people appreciate MotoGP, I think that most car people view bikes in a slightly negative way. Perhaps it's because bikes scythe their way through traffic jams while drivers have to sit through hours of the stuff or maybe fear the convoys of motorbike packs speeding on highways (at least it is where I come from, together with negative view of some motorcyclists here who snatch handbags for a living). Or just perhaps people have not experienced the joys of riding and have no basis in which to identify with the rider.

Edit:

Oh, and welcome Angellica! Hope you like it here

Mark has been in the position of helping his team mate dozens of times, and on only a few times has he genuinely challenged their decision... and very rarely has he come off with the upper hand. Sebastian on the other hand has been given orders to help Mark very few times and has not done so - I think if you look at the percentages they are not very favourable to Vettel. Also, he disobeyed the orders and went for a race win at a time in the season where there was really no need to do so, Webber has challenged for position usually when his championship is on he fringe of collapsing in an effort to keep his title hopes alive, this is certainly not the case with Vettel's decision in Malaysia this year.