Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Crystal Ball Time - Merc & Rbr

Brawn will be tossed by the end of the year as team principal of Mercedes F1. And I think everyone here knows it was a possibility. But with all the goings on in that team, firing Herbert, Nick Fry getting the boot, next it will be Brawn. And by not allowing Nico to pass Hamilton, he's done himself in even quicker. What was not sure, to me at least is now a probability. You have the German media and German speaking sections of Mercedes, Lauda and Wolff all stating publicly Brawn made a wrong call. Had Nico been on a tyre and fuel save routine as well, I don't think anyone would have had much issues with it. Thus Nico was penalized for Hamilton having used his tyres and fuel more aggressively. No wonder he looked sheepish and guilty on the podium, and interviews afterwards. You know who that reminded me of... Schumi in Austria. He knew he didn't deserve that win. So why come out and say Nico deserved 3rd place then. All you had to do, was pull over, slow a little and let him have a crack at the RBRs. But you accepted the team assistance and Brawns orders to Nico to stay put. So either very hypocritical, or you couldn't handle the guilt knowing you didn't deserve it.

I like Brawn, but he messed up on this call. Not only did he show is preference to Hamilton, he gave ammo to Lauda and Wolff. And the signs have been there, that Brawn might be replaced at some point. This can't have done him any good at all. Maybe off to McLaren or back to Ferrari perhaps, but I think Mercedes is a dead man walking situation for him now.

Now for RBR. I can't believe the BS coming out now on how Vettel wronged Webber. If you take this situation in isolation, it's not good. Take it in context to how Webber has been maybe one of the worst team mates I've ever seen in motors sports, then if you believe in Karma, well he got his just deserts.

Webber defied team orders 2 years ago in Silverstone. The media seems to have forgotten that. In Webbers own words... "Of course I ignored the team as I want to try to get another place."

Where was the rage, the rhetoric, the quotes from previous F1 drivers stating Vettel should be suspended for 1 race!? I've been a Vettel fan over the years, but only due to Kimi not being in F1 anymore. Now he's back, well Vettel is to me a great driver on the grid amongst other great drivers. I don't root for him, cheer when he wins or crashes out however.

But the hate I've seen flowing in his direction these past years has been appalling. From the whole he can't pass argument, to whatever else people can think up to throw at the guy. He was never involved in cheating crash scandals or assessing stolen plans from another team (yes I'm talking about Alonso both times here), and yet this guy still gets a free pass. Even Hamilton's had his fair share of really dumb and bad behavior.

If you remove the hate speech against Vettel, this might be the only real issue I recall him being involved with if yuo dn't count Turkey 2010. And even then, I still consider that to be a racing incident due to over exuberance.

I've never seen the crap being piled on a driver like this, not even during Schumi's dark dirty days.

It's all about context. And he has a history with Webber. Silverstone, Turkey, and most importantly Brazil 2012. The only thing I think he did wrong was admitting he did wrong. He should have stayed silent about it publicly at least. It worked for Webber didn't it when he openly admitted to ignoring team orders.

This is only the beginning. I can't see RBR firing Vettel. It wouldn't make any sense, and you can bet Ferrari would scoop him up pronto. Thus double loss for RBR. If Webber leaves, well then again I don't actually want that either. But what are they going to lose really. A team player? No. A supportive team member? No. Someone who can consistently take points off the other team, and or go for win when the opportunity is there? No not really either. As far as I'm concerned he can either shut it, accept it, or leave. He is not the future of F1. And I hope one day people will see his so called say it like it is approach to things as not being based on anything other than having a whinge, playing the sad PR violin, as in it's me against my own team, poor me boo hoo. Webber has talent, but he will never be one of the greats. He had a chance, but like Massa, will go on a list of many others who almost got there.

And for goodness sake Mark Webber, why do you talk in that mutt accent of yours. When he's on Australian TV, he talks normally. In F1, he talks and cuts all his words short with this weird accent. Anyway a pet peave of mine and one I can't stand.

All rants aside, it's time to go wild and spin the crystals balls. It's going to be one hell of a long F1 season, and if it keeps up like this will be fantastic. Well even better if Kimi can win more races, but it hurts to hope that much all the time lol

The situation was reversed two years ago Webber who defied team orders in an attempt to pass Vettel at the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

At the time, Webber said:

Brawn will be tossed by the end of the year as team principal of Mercedes F1. And I think everyone here knows it was a possibility. But with all the goings on in that team, firing Herbert, Nick Fry getting the boot, next it will be Brawn. And by not allowing Nico to pass Hamilton, he's done himself in even quicker. What was not sure, to me at least is now a probability. You have the German media and German speaking sections of Mercedes, Lauda and Wolff all stating publicly Brawn made a wrong call. Had Nico been on a tyre and fuel save routine as well, I don't think anyone would have had much issues with it. Thus Nico was penalized for Hamilton having used his tyres and fuel more aggressively. No wonder he looked sheepish and guilty on the podium, and interviews afterwards. You know who that reminded me of... Schumi in Austria. He knew he didn't deserve that win. So why come out and say Nico deserved 3rd place then. All you had to do, was pull over, slow a little and let him have a crack at the RBRs. But you accepted the team assistance and Brawns orders to Nico to stay put. So either very hypocritical, or you couldn't handle the guilt knowing you didn't deserve it.

I like Brawn, but he messed up on this call. Not only did he show is preference to Hamilton, he gave ammo to Lauda and Wolff. And the signs have been there, that Brawn might be replaced at some point. This can't have done him any good at all. Maybe off to McLaren or back to Ferrari perhaps, but I think Mercedes is a dead man walking situation for him now.

Lauda and Wolff are upset?

Rosberg and Hamilton collide. 0 WCC points scored (27 lost).

Hamilton uses up his fuel to keep Rosberg behind. DQ. 15 WCC points scored (12 lost).

It sounded like Brawn's fate was determined before this, but it's too bad if they hold it against him. He did the right thing from the perspective of his position. They were not going to catch Red Bull at that point in the race. Bring the cars home and get the points necessary. Yeah, they could have done a Ferrari-esque swap and probably avoided collision or fuel use...but how damaging would that have been? A ton. You do the least unfair thing, and that was maintain position. It'll be easier for Rosberg to recover from this than it would be for Hamilton to recover from being ordered aside.

It's embarrassing for the team if Lauda and Wolff don't accept this as what it is. If they believe there was some great, fair, wonderful option, they are mistaken. They should all be celebrating a podium finish and a great gain in the WCC.

Brawn f*** up. Nico so far is as bit as fast as Lewis. This stupid order sure made NR and LH feel bad and the mood in the team is not the same as it was before the race I'm sure. Nico, who, it seems, managed his race better than LH, and he should have passed him. There is nothing LH could have done.

The car however was impressive and it looks like we will have two new candidates for future podiums.

The problem with it is RBR has been trying to act like their relationship is perfect when it's awful. Mark isn't happy with the position he has, and it's never gonna change. RBR won't get rid off him, because it's CLEAR he will talk too much as soon as he's out of their team. To be very honest, even if I do see what could possibly be wrong with what happened yesterday, if you see Sebastian going to talk to Mark, you could see he didn't think it was such a bad thing until that moment. He seemed to be pretty calm and even somehow 'friendly'. I'm not sure he knew the proportions his action would have and I do think there was a major overreaction from most people after Mark 'played the victim'. The fansite facebook page got so many hate messages, and most of them were just pure offensive, not even a wee bit constructive at all. One person said 'I wish Seb will have the same fate as Senna'. That's disgraceful. How can someone have so much anger over something that a) already happened and can't be changed and B) does not affect his personal life in any way. I think some people just need to idk, get a girlfriend or read a book to chill out.

Brawn f*** up. Nico so far is as bit as fast as Lewis. This stupid order sure made NR and LH feel bad and the mood in the team is not the same as it was before the race I'm sure. Nico, who, it seems, managed his race better than LH, and he should have passed him. There is nothing LH could have done.

The car however was impressive and it looks like we will have two new candidates for future podiums.

The problem is there were only two options:

1) Keep Lewis ahead and not allow Nico to pass.

2) Mandate Lewis let Nico through and not challenge him.

There was no option to just let the two race, because Hamilton would have pushed too hard to keep Rosberg behind him (or to re-pass), and they were concerned about having the required amount of fuel at the end of the Grand Prix. It will always be fairer to just leave things the way they are than to order them to swap, and since there was no third option, leaving it as is seemed fine to me.

RBR won't get rid off him, because it's CLEAR he will talk too much as soon as he's out of their team.

At the same time, Webber continually chooses to re-sign with the team. I guess he has no better options; there's a past World Champion driving for all five of the top teams, so his only way to be a #1 would be to drive for a team where scoring points would be a victory. I'm sure he prefers to have the opportunity to win races, even if he has to have #2 status. I don't blame him for that outlook when contract time comes, but still wonder how upset one is allowed to be with the employer he or she chose. I guess if the choice is predicated on the ability to win, and that ability goes away, it does sour.

I don't know. He won't help Vettel, Vettel won't help him, and somehow they'll roll on to another WCC and Webber will be back in 2014. :lol:

Bottas in, Webber out, for 2014.

Webber to retire and concentrate on the likes of Mitch Evans getting into F1.

Lauda and Wolff are upset?

Rosberg and Hamilton collide. 0 WCC points scored (27 lost).

Hamilton uses up his fuel to keep Rosberg behind. DQ. 15 WCC points scored (12 lost).

It sounded like Brawn's fate was determined before this, but it's too bad if they hold it against him. He did the right thing from the perspective of his position. They were not going to catch Red Bull at that point in the race. Bring the cars home and get the points necessary. Yeah, they could have done a Ferrari-esque swap and probably avoided collision or fuel use...but how damaging would that have been? A ton. You do the least unfair thing, and that was maintain position. It'll be easier for Rosberg to recover from this than it would be for Hamilton to recover from being ordered aside.

It's embarrassing for the team if Lauda and Wolff don't accept this as what it is. If they believe there was some great, fair, wonderful option, they are mistaken. They should all be celebrating a podium finish and a great gain in the WCC.

Yes they are both upset and I've seen direct quotes from both of them saying Brawn should have let Nico past Hamilton. This may in the grand scheme of things have made no difference to Brawns fate, but I would say with a near certainty it would not have helped his standing with the higher uppers. This wasn't a fair compromise or decision in my view. Why? Because Nico was penalised for Hamilton not being as efficient with his fuel and tyre management. Nico has come out and said blunty that Brawn and Merc had never asked him to dial it down to conserve fuel and tyres. Yet I've seen reference after the race mind you, to Brawn saying it was to help Nico get home as well. He was in a much better position than Hamilton and should have been allowed to pass him and see how close he could have got to the RBRs.

I don't disagree with team orders when it comes to bringing a car home, securing points etc., but why when we are only on race 2 of 19, should Nico have been penalised to benefit Hamilton? He was right in saying Nico should have been standing on the 3rd podium, but he could have easily slowed a little in a corner and let Nico past. Thus the fuel and tyre consumption would not be affected. Look at his actions, don't listen to his words. Hamilton re passed Nico after Nico passed him. Thus anything that comes out of Hamiltons mouth about this it is a lie. His actions showed very clearly he wanted 3rd.

I'm not sure how easy it will be for Rosberg to recover from this. This might be his first feeling deep in his guts, that uh oh, I'm the #2. Make no mistake about it, Hamilton is the #1 in that team, not by performance or admiration from his crew, but why else would he go to a lesser team apart from the money. He'd expect the same status as he's had at McLaren. And even Brundle commented on this during the race saying he was pretty much certain that was the case. No one told Nico, so he's had to find out like this. So how he recovers, well I hope he comes to the next race and beats Hamilton.

The problem with it is RBR has been trying to act like their relationship is perfect when it's awful. Mark isn't happy with the position he has, and it's never gonna change. RBR won't get rid off him, because it's CLEAR he will talk too much as soon as he's out of their team. To be very honest, even if I do see what could possibly be wrong with what happened yesterday, if you see Sebastian going to talk to Mark, you could see he didn't think it was such a bad thing until that moment. He seemed to be pretty calm and even somehow 'friendly'. I'm not sure he knew the proportions his action would have and I do think there was a major overreaction from most people after Mark 'played the victim'. The fansite facebook page got so many hate messages, and most of them were just pure offensive, not even a wee bit constructive at all. One person said 'I wish Seb will have the same fate as Senna'. That's disgraceful. How can someone have so much anger over something that a) already happened and can't be changed and cool.png does not affect his personal life in any way. I think some people just need to idk, get a girlfriend or read a book to chill out.

Good point. By RBR not having a clear cut policy on this, it's helped to create this situation. However by not having a policy that also isn't to blame for what has happened. This is bad blood between Vettel and Webber playing out, and Horner knows it, Marko knows it, the whole team knows it. Mateschitz probably doesn't know the full story or see the picture yet I don't think. And wasn't it interestering to hear Bernie saying how Mateschitz was essentially protecting Webber due to loyalty! Does that give him also some protection? Still playing the victim Mark?

The hate towards Vettel is astounding. I don't recall that much filth being directed towards someone since W. Bush was in office. And back then it was hip and cool to apparently be as disrespectful to a President as I've ever seen. And when someone has a go at Obama, oh my word, he gets crucfied. It's just another example of hypocrisy. Mark has played the victim for years now. I remember him bitching back in Williams, heck even at Jaguar. I've never seen a less externally passionate driver in F1. Why is he there when he seems to constantly be on a bummer. Why keep signing with RBR and expecting a different result? Sometimes it's not what happens to you that causes problems, it's how you deal with it. And he has shown how on edge and short tempered he is in my view. Always he's got an opinion, and it's never an opinion on something being positive.

If this sort of hate was being directed at Alonso or even let's say Kimi, there would be an uproar. As it is, it's mainly the British press driving this one against Vettel. I guess when you win enough times, people start to dislike you, and with Vettel it's been going on since his first race win. From he can't pass, to anyone would have won in the cars he was driving, to all the other putdowns. Fact is Webber has done very little in that car for 3 years considering it's been the best car. So no not anyone could also be a multi WDC just by sitting in that car. Vettel deserves alot more credit for his race wins and his achievements irrespective of peoples opinions on what happened during the Malaysian race. If Alonso can be constantly hailed as the best driver on the grid year in, year out, for coming not 1st, then why hasn't any real praise been there for Vettel.

There was no option to just let the two race, because Hamilton would have pushed too hard to keep Rosberg behind him (or to re-pass), and they were concerned about having the required amount of fuel at the end of the Grand Prix. It will always be fairer to just leave things the way they are than to order them to swap, and since there was no third option, leaving it as is seemed fine to me.

At the same time, Webber continually chooses to re-sign with the team. I guess he has no better options; there's a past World Champion driving for all five of the top teams, so his only way to be a #1 would be to drive for a team where scoring points would be a victory. I'm sure he prefers to have the opportunity to win races, even if he has to have #2 status. I don't blame him for that outlook when contract time comes, but still wonder how upset one is allowed to be with the employer he or she chose. I guess if the choice is predicated on the ability to win, and that ability goes away, it does sour.

I don't know. He won't help Vettel, Vettel won't help him, and somehow they'll roll on to another WCC and Webber will be back in 2014. laugh.png

Yeah I don't know why he keeps re-signing. He could have gone to Ferrari and I think he should have. Webber of late has never helped Vettel. He didn't during last years Brazil race, and even came out and said he hoped Alonso would win. So what's going to change now. Nothing really. It's not as though Webber has been playing the Massa role and moving aside and heping his teammate when his down chances of WDC glory are no longer achievable. WTF was he doing in Brazil anyway, when he was out of the running. He most certainly wasn't helping Vettel.

I don't know. He won't help Vettel, Vettel won't help him, and somehow they'll roll on to another WCC and Webber will be back in 2014. laugh.png

I beleive there was an other possibility:

Nico would have passed LH fair and square and LH could have done nothing about it since Nico had managed his race better and was still going strong.

Webber to retire and concentrate on the likes of Mitch Evans getting into F1.

I'd say there was a higher chance that Webber will end up in a certain LMP1 Porsche...whistling.gif

OK OK...retire from Formula One....still retiring in the sense he ain't gonna be there in F1...Schumacher retired and raced bikes.... :P

I beleive there was an other possibility:

Nico would have passed LH fair and square and LH could have done nothing about it since Nico had managed his race better and was still going strong.

Nico could have passed easily, if you watch closely for the last 10 or so laps Nico is well within a second of Hamilton on the back strait but never uses the DRS. They even had the telemetry thing up and Nico was showing that he could use the DRS and he didn't. So he was clearly holding back. The fact that he could do 10 laps behind Hamilton that close shows just how much faster he was because doing that is terribly hard on the tyres.

As for the hate for Vettel, I really do think a giant part of it is because he is German and the F1 press is lead by the British tabloids. They are notorious for being anti-german, be it in EU politics or anything else. Nobody want's to say it but it is true. They used to write the most atrocious things about Schumi as well. And when Nico starts racing Hamilton and has a few wins the same thing will happen.

And all the other press just picks up the stories and runs with them.

Also, I really think mark needs to watch this:

That is the mind of a Formula one champion. I once read an Interview with Phil Hill here he talks about the deaths in the 60's and Hill just says something along the lines of: I stopped caring, because if I started to care I would not have won. And that coming from one of the most likeable F1 drivers. And that was the mindset of everybody at that time. Use your opponents weakness against them.

As for the hate for Vettel, I really do think a giant part of it is because he is German and the F1 press is lead by the British tabloids. They are notorious for being anti-german, be it in EU politics or anything else. Nobody want's to say it but it is true. They used to write the most atrocious things about Schumi as well. And when Nico starts racing Hamilton and has a few wins the same thing will happen.

I do not think it has anythinig to do with the British tabloids. Here in Quebec, the Cheater was disliked because he cheated and had an unsportsman like behavior, exactly like Vettel now.

I beleive Shumacher was hated by many in all F1 countries, like Vettel will be a beleive, for the same reasons.

Normally I just go "Meh" at each teams PSA-like ads, but this was fun :

EDIT : Am I geting computer illiterate or do we no longer have a way to embed videos ? I thought we used to be able to embed videos so we wouldnt have to click and get a new window ...

Videos will still automatically embed from YouTube and other sources (even things like Flickr photostreams will auto-embed) using the tags

and

However, if you are using a secure connection (as you are), it will not work. The media tags don't recognize https://.

So, https://www.youtube... won't embed. Only http://www.youtube... or just www.youtube... or even simply youtube... will work. With a secure connection, it will just post as a link.

The only solution is to just backspace the "s" after you paste it.

Normally I just go "Meh" at each teams PSA-like ads, but this was fun :

EDIT : Am I geting computer illiterate or do we no longer have a way to embed videos ? I thought we used to be able to embed videos so we wouldnt have to click and get a new window ...

Lovely stuff! It was quite funny for me because in my native language "focus" means magic trick.. so he goes "it's all focus" and I think "obviously!" XDD

I do not think it has anythinig to do with the British tabloids. Here in Quebec, the Cheater was disliked because he cheated and had an unsportsman like behavior, exactly like Vettel now.

I beleive Shumacher was hated by many in all F1 countries, like Vettel will be a beleive, for the same reasons.

This is something very interesting. I admit I am a Schumacher fan but I would like to know the facts and inside stories . On the matter about Vettel, I think he is a fantastic driver. I think what RBR were thinking was of preventing certain losses and wastes that could be prevented, or possible deja vus as what I recently read here: http://www.f1deals.c....html#more-2772 . Webber and Vettel are both racers, and its just a matter of team management to mediate the two egos.

The thing is you are right: Schumacher was a great driver, as he showed with Benetton at the beginning of his career and with Ferrari at the end of his career at a time when he did not have the best car anymore. He did not need to behave as he did during his glory years to win, since he would have won anyways. Hadn't he done do, he would be a much bigger legend today as he is (half the fans hate him and only half love him). As for vettel, he always had the best car, if I remember correctly, and he still has much to prove, to me at least - I'm sure this bothers him a lot !

China should be a dandy! Webber has to make a move, since he cannot just do as if nothing has happened. Alonso will want to be back on top; same with Button (perez, i suspect, will start to shine soon) and the Mercedes and lotus crews. Not to mention Mr. Hamilton.

Cheers!

I've just read an article about him. I guess he was ruthless early on his career. I also feel the need to see Vettel prove that he has what it takes to be the best. I hope the track conditions favor the race. What can you say about Force India? Heard they're getting catching up.

The thing is you are right: Schumacher was a great driver, as he showed with Benetton at the beginning of his career and with Ferrari at the end of his career at a time when he did not have the best car anymore. He did not need to behave as he did during his glory years to win, since he would have won anyways. Hadn't he done do, he would be a much bigger legend today as he is (half the fans hate him and only half love him). As for vettel, he always had the best car, if I remember correctly, and he still has much to prove, to me at least - I'm sure this bothers him a lot !

China should be a dandy! Webber has to make a move, since he cannot just do as if nothing has happened. Alonso will want to be back on top; same with Button (perez, i suspect, will start to shine soon) and the Mercedes and lotus crews. Not to mention Mr. Hamilton.

Cheers!

STR was the best car? Was RBR a championship winner team before Vettel got there? You wanna know what bothers him? It's the fact it doesn't matter how many world titles he wins, he will always be treated as a kid, because some people think just because he's not old enough, or doesn't look old enough, he doesn't deserve any sort of credit.

The RBR car is indeed very good, and it's been so for a while, but I don't see Mark running for a world title, or even close to it, I'm sorry. We are not in the 60s anymore, the car is yea very important, but so is HOW IT IS DRIVEN. Sebastian has brilliantly driven in the last couple of seasons, and even though I have been supported him for a while, I have lost a bit of interest last year because I was so busy with moving out and stuff, and the fangirls were just putting me off him. However, the way he drove that brazilian grand prix when everything seemed lost was priceless. I don't see many drivers in the grid doing that, if any.

Now you wanna talk about 'having the best car' as if it somehow discredits a lifetime work? Well, Schumacher wouldn't have seven world titles if Ferrari didn't have such a great car during all that while, or if he raced elsewhere. I don't think Jenson would've won a championship or even a race that year if it wasn't for the advantage Brawn GP had back then. Renault had the best team when Fernando became world champion.

STR was the best car? Was RBR a championship winner team before Vettel got there? You wanna know what bothers him? It's the fact it doesn't matter how many world titles he wins, he will always be treated as a kid, because some people think just because he's not old enough, or doesn't look old enough, he doesn't deserve any sort of credit.

The RBR car is indeed very good, and it's been so for a while, but I don't see Mark running for a world title, or even close to it, I'm sorry. We are not in the 60s anymore, the car is yea very important, but so is HOW IT IS DRIVEN. Sebastian has brilliantly driven in the last couple of seasons, and even though I have been supported him for a while, I have lost a bit of interest last year because I was so busy with moving out and stuff, and the fangirls were just putting me off him. However, the way he drove that brazilian grand prix when everything seemed lost was priceless. I don't see many drivers in the grid doing that, if any.

Now you wanna talk about 'having the best car' as if it somehow discredits a lifetime work? Well, Schumacher wouldn't have seven world titles if Ferrari didn't have such a great car during all that while, or if he raced elsewhere. I don't think Jenson would've won a championship or even a race that year if it wasn't for the advantage Brawn GP had back then. Renault had the best team when Fernando became world champion.

I'm afraid you're wasting your "breath" on this one...especially with an anti-Vettel hater like JP

I'm afraid you're wasting your "breath" on this one...especially with an anti-Vettel hater like JP

I don't rly mind if someone doesn't like Sebastian as long as it goes as clear as that: I don't like him.

It's 100% ok not to like someone if you understand that will affect your opinion and make it 'biased' instead of talking about it like it's the pure truth and you know everything in the world.

don't like Schumacher and never did, if you go look back on his career before F1, he was never a great driver, and never had any sort of achievements. I'm not even gonna go closer to the cheating stuff. However, the guy won 7 world titles, and it doesn't matter if he had the best car or not, he built his way there and achieved it, and I respect that.

No, you got both me all wrong! I'm a romantic! fool! The way a champion behave in and out of the track means a great deal in my evaluation of a driver (old school I guess). The numbers just do not mean anything to me. All I remember of all those years of watching F1, are the great moments of excitement I got out of it. And really, this is the only thing which interests me.

Kati, I don't know much about F1 - I sure do not want to give the opposite impression (may be I have not yet acquired a good sense of the English language). I'll be carefull.

The RBR car is indeed very good, and it's been so for a while, but I don't see Mark running for a world title, or even close to it, I'm sorry. We are not in the 60s anymore, the car is yea very important, but so is HOW IT IS DRIVEN.

Sebastian has brilliantly driven in the last couple of seasons, and even though I have been supported him for a while, I have lost a bit of interest last year because I was so busy with moving out and stuff, and the fangirls were just putting me off him. However, the way he drove that brazilian grand prix when everything seemed lost was priceless. I don't see many drivers in the grid doing that, if any. SEVERAL DRIVERS WOULD HAVE DONE AS WELL AS HIM I BELIEVE. BRILLIANTLY? HUMM... NOT SURE. EASIER TO DRIVE FROM THE FRONT, IN MY OPINION ANYWAYS.

THERE IS BEST CAR AND BEST CAR: TO WIN BY TEN POINTS AT THE END OF A SEASON IS NOT LIKE WINNInG BY 50 POINTS. IN MOST OF HIS WDC, MS WON BY A LAND SLIDE AND SEVERAL DRIVERS WOULD HAVE WON IN THE SAME CAR (BUT THISIS AN OLD ARGUMENT WHICH NEVER GOT SETTLED, SO WE MIGHT LEAVE IT ALONE). THE GREAT MERIT I GIVE HIM THOUGH IS TO HAVE GREATLY HELPED DEVELOP THOSE WINNING CARS. WITHOUT HIS HELP, THEY WOULD PROBABLY NOT HAVE MANAGED TO CONSTRUCT SUCH BRILLIANT CARS.

PLEASE SEE MY ANSWERS ABOVE.

It's not looking good for Brawn at the moment despite how good the car is looking. It's clear Lauda and Wolff will be making a move at some point. I can't see Merc winning any titles this year, thus the heiracy will consider it a bust, fire Brawn and place Lowe as team principal. Mind boggling really, absolutely nuts. Lowe has never been a team principal and would be replacing the most successful of all time. Everyone here is in agreement that Lauda is not only a loose cannon but not suited to the position he holds. It would be better he simply be an adviser like Marko or something, and thus can shoot his mouth of, but in reality he doesn't have any bite.

Brawn should take another year off, or head back to Ferrari and sort out that mess of a team. But I think a better fit would be to head to McLaren. Whitmarsh while good is not even equal to ole Ron.

I'm loving how Vettel has come out and said what he said about Malaysia yesterday. That Webber didn't deserve the win under those circumstances. And even stating Webber had never helped him as a teammate in the past. It's great because it's true. I can't wait to be rid of Webber and his suedo persona of being a truthful honest racer who tells it like it is. Vettel told it like it really is with regards to your actions in previous races and I didn't see Vettel once cry about it, or say anything publicly.

Here's what I think it all boils down to. Webber has a personal/business/friendship relationship with Mateschitz. This excedes any wishes and influence of Horner & Newey, and especially Marko. Thus if he keeps things good with Mateschitz, he's got a race seat. Read his most recent words after being asked yesterday, or was it the day before, and when he talks about contracts and staying on in F1, he always references Mateschitz, and not Horner. Now Horner is the one who deals with the contracts, he's the Team Principal after all, and not Mateschitz. So I hypothesize, that Webber is in fact in a way being protected from the very top of the company. Since Mateschitz seems to be not really that involved with the day to day stuff of F1, it's likely he's not even aware or privy to alot of the Sh#t that's been going on, until it blows all out of proportion.

Webber should IMHO not even have that race seat after publicly stating many times his lack of support for Vettel. That's not team play by any means, thus anything he says towards Vettel is void. He's disobeyed direct instructions, come out and said he hoped Alonso would win, and almost directly contributed to Vettel losing last years WDC. The guy is a cancer, always whinging about either being a #2, or this or that, and it's under this fake BS tag of being an "Australian". I'm an Australian and that doesn't mean it gives me a right to spew BS in the name of being a down to earth bloke who says it like it is. If you want to see someone who says it like it is... just look at Kimi. Webber goes that extra mile, but isn't a very effective manipulator. Thus to me it comes across as simply whinging under the guise of telling the "truth" and being a straight talker. He whinged in Jaguar, he whinged in BMW, and he's whinging now. Though with the new haircut and being all diplomatic now, he's presenting this good guy image and making folks believe he's taking the high road after Malaysia. How many times has Webber finished 2nd in a WDC!? None. He's not being beaten by Vettel due to favourtism, he's simply being beaten by a better and more ruthless driver. Thus it makes sense the team will invest more time and energy in Vettel as he is their future. Heck Webber won't even commit to more than one year at a time to the team. So why is he so surprised then, that in his mind at least he's not getting all the affection and love. He's contributed massively to his own situation, yet continues to present them blameless, stain free, honest down to earth Ozzie bloke image. So I applaud Vettel for now coming out and saying what he said, because the British media and alot of fans need to be reminded of what Webber has done in the past to bring this all about.