Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

Chinese Grand Prix

Welcome to GPT. Just not Webber's weekend, but I guess it's better to have the bad race happen now than have it happen in one where he had been starting at the front and going for a podium or win. Most drivers are good for a retirement or two; perhaps now he's gotten his out of the way for 2013.

So, everybody got cleared over the passing under yellow drama. Would have been weird to have 8 cars with their finishing positions readjusted after the race.

Once thing that bothers me: it was a relatively incident-free, dry race. Why is it that the stewards couldn't investigate a single case (well, ok, they investigated ONE case) during the race? What were they doing?

Once thing that bothers me: it was a relatively incident-free, dry race. Why is it that the stewards couldn't investigate a single case (well, ok, they investigated ONE case) during the race? What were they doing?

Didn't they investigate all cases but the "DRS under yellows" during the race? I can understand them doing that after the race, even if there was plenty of laps left in the race, if they knew there might be problems with the software related to DRS.

I bet Ron must be so happy he can keep all the trophies they are winning this year without having to share them with Lewis.

Oh, wait...

laugh.png

Pérez has been mighty confusing over there at McLaren. I was just reading Roger Penske applaud Ron Dennis for getting rid of poor performers quickly. Penske was no fan of Michael Andretti, I suppose. wink.png

Not that I'm sitting here expecting Pérez to be gone mid-season. Just wondering what it's going to take to get this guy going again. I realize the issues are far bigger than Pérez at McLaren; the car just has no pace. When you gain an entire pit stop (~20 seconds) on Alonso and he just makes it all up on the track and sails past you, that's really just poor (stating the obvious here). Still, Button's chugging along; the real irony was that Pérez was such a hazard because he was on the same strategy about as Button, and he was supposed to be the tire management master. What happened?

EDIT: I see Whitmarsh thinks it's a case of robustness, but I'm not sure I believe that. Pérez was doing a great Trulli job, I thought.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/293241/whitmarsh-perez-needs-to-toughen-up/

Well, it's obviously not a good sign that Mclaren have already come out and put pressure on Perez. At the moment, he looks like a Heikki Kovalainen 2.0. There's no question of him surviving the year at the moment, his performances are not that bad at all, but it's not inconceivable that if his performances don't pick up he won't be around next year.

Well, it's obviously not a good sign that Mclaren have already come out and put pressure on Perez. At the moment, he looks like a Heikki Kovalainen 2.0.

Heikki was actually doing much better at this stage. After first three races of the 2008 season (Heikki's first with McLaren) he had beaten Lewis in two of them and was tied in points with him, five points behind WDC leader (Kimi).

Heikki was actually doing much better at this stage. After first three races of the 2008 season (Heikki's first with McLaren) he had beaten Lewis in two of them and was tied in points with him, five points behind WDC leader (Kimi).

That might explain why he got a second year. At this rate Perez may not get that far but it's still early days, and he is helped in a sense by the fact Macca produced a bad/not great car.

I thought we were all perhaps being too harsh with Perez, but no. I watched the race again, and even if I can't see which manoeuvre made Lewis comment that Perez was all over the place, it is clear that he weaved in front of Alonso and the clash with Kimi was his fault as much as Kimi's.

Now, unless the whole motorsport world had simultaneously fell under some Sergio spell last year, I think we were all more or less in agreement that he was one of the best prospects with mature, controlled races right up until the day he signed for Macca, I don't think they made a mistake there at the time. People saying that they should have hired the Hulk tend to forget that Nico was nowhere as close to the levels of Sergio when he was signed.

Which poses the question: where has all that talent gone? The Macca is a crappy car, granted, but still not too bad compared with Sauber, right? And even if it was that would not explain why his racecraft degraded, not just his speed.

I think psychology can make drivers have huge variations in their performance levels, regardless of the mechanical means (compare Massa)

Now, unless the whole motorsport world had simultaneously fell under some Sergio spell last year, I think we were all more or less in agreement that he was one of the best prospects with mature, controlled races right up until the day he signed for Macca, I don't think they made a mistake there at the time.

hey hey, definately NOT ME, I saw nothing special except for a car being driven that was easy on it's tyres once you start on the harder compound... I mentioned this numorous times... nothing special

hey hey, definately NOT ME, I saw nothing special except for a car being driven that was easy on it's tyres once you start on the harder compound... I mentioned this numorous times... nothing special

Ok, so you were included among those "less in agreement" :P

Well, I thought he was good when he did all that but I always liked the Hulk too... so unless he fights those pressure issues I'll support Nico to take his place!

According to the pic he posted on his twitter account, I'd say he's just starting biggrin.png

post-1794-0-97031400-1366197643_thumb.jp

ah, with his good ole buddy Alonso, probably conspiring to take his teammate off in one of the last races this year again....

so that Alonso can win at last for Ferrari...

I can just imagine the conversation;;;

Alonso: uhm Webbo, something I wanna bring up...uknow tha thing we touched on about 2 years ago...

Webbo: Hiya mate, doont worry there, I'm with you mate, know whats goin on in yer nasty brain...

Alonso: Yeah, but we can't make it too obvious dude, remember Singapore 2008, almost got caught out there man, those heads had to take the fall fer me...

Webbo: Doooonnnnttt worry mate, u win da champiomship this year, dooon't worry mate, I make sure of it...as long as 1+ 1 makes 4, u da champ come Brazil!!!!

Alonso: GREAT!

Webbo: Heya, yeah we're a great team matey, hey here's the photoguy (forgot the word photographer). SMILE mate SMILE, I wanna makes Seb jealous like I'm the fleeeepin rocking guy... Smile mate Smile!!!!!!

ah, with his good ole buddy Alonso, probably conspiring to take his teammate off in one of the last races this year again....

so that Alonso can win at last for Ferrari...

I can just imagine the conversation;;;

Alonso: uhm Webbo, something I wanna bring up...uknow tha thing we touched on about 2 years ago...

Webbo: Hiya mate, doont worry there, I'm with you mate, know whats goin on in yer nasty brain...

Alonso: Yeah, but we can't make it too obvious dude, remember Singapore 2008, almost got caught out there man, those heads had to take the fall fer me...

Webbo: Doooonnnnttt worry mate, u win da champiomship this year, dooon't worry mate, I make sure of it...as long as 1+ 1 makes 4, u da champ come Brazil!!!!

Alonso: GREAT!

Webbo: Heya, yeah we're a great team matey, hey here's the photoguy (forgot the word photographer). SMILE mate SMILE, I wanna makes Seb jealous like I'm the fleeeepin rocking guy... Smile mate Smile!!!!!!

Awww...somebody's scared :P

BTW the table is set for 3 and perhaps the third persno is the one who took the picture. I'd say Lewis :D

Multi 21, Brad, Multi 21

Awww...somebody's scared tongue.png

BTW the table is set for 3 and perhaps the third persno is the one who took the picture. I'd say Lewis biggrin.png

Multi 21, Brad, Multi 21

Brad is a faster poster than you, please confirm you understand.

I think you have to leave a space! ALL THE TIME YOU HAVE TO LEAVE A SPACE!

Surely it can't get worse than this, now you've turned into a replica of Alonso, I hope you're not considering having a samurai tattoo on yer back toowhistling.gif

Surely it can't get worse than this, now you've turned into a replica of Alonso, I hope you're not considering having a samurai tattoo on yer back toowhistling.gif

This is ridiculous!

come on my friend, where has the sense of humour gone??

(Guess you don't remember the message from Nando to the pits in Germany 2010 huh?) :P