Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

I'll Take That Victory, Thanks!!

History has been made, and there is a new man to watch out for in the 2014 Formula One Preview Guides.

That man?

Why, me, of course!!

Took my first win yesterday, and I'd just like to thank those that spun off the track, aqua planing and/or applying too much throttle off the corners to allow yours truly to showcase my immense talent in the rain, by staying on track, and taking the win. It wouldn't have happened in the dry, but, to finish first, first you must finish!!

Still, I would have preferred to finish third in my previous race. Took a flyer at the start, P8 to P3 by the first corner, could have been P2 but I gave Gerald room rather than lock our wheels. Then on the last corner into lap five of eight, it was I whom over stretched on a damp circuit and got on the power too much out of the sweeper and around she went; though fighting the spin and almost catching it, alas I soon was facing the wrong way and sliding towards the grass before continuing my 360-deg sojourn, ending up fully on the grass and no engine noise, damnit!

Foot was on the clutch, and I had changed down into first as I was turning, but alas a little slow on the clutch so the engine stalled. Hit the starter button, right foot on the floor, engine fired just as there was a blur of cars in the corner of my eye, dropped the clutch and lit up the rears and back onto the track, but alas, back in P8...

Ah well. Better luck next time they say.

Though I think it was my old man thinking I was getting too big for my boots, and enacting a little revenge on me for showing the sequence of him spinning the Cooper in the same spot at his funeral last week. Strange the thoughts that go through your head as you spin at 120km/h....

History has been made, and there is a new man to watch out for in the 2014 Formula One Preview Guides.

That man?

Why, me, of course!!

Took my first win yesterday, and I'd just like to thank those that spun off the track, aqua planing and/or applying too much throttle off the corners to allow yours truly to showcase my immense talent in the rain, by staying on track, and taking the win. It wouldn't have happened in the dry, but, to finish first, first you must finish!!

Still, I would have preferred to finish third in my previous race. Took a flyer at the start, P8 to P3 by the first corner, could have been P2 but I gave Gerald room rather than lock our wheels. Then on the last corner into lap five of eight, it was I whom over stretched on a damp circuit and got on the power too much out of the sweeper and around she went; though fighting the spin and almost catching it, alas I soon was facing the wrong way and sliding towards the grass before continuing my 360-deg sojourn, ending up fully on the grass and no engine noise, damnit!

Foot was on the clutch, and I had changed down into first as I was turning, but alas a little slow on the clutch so the engine stalled. Hit the starter button, right foot on the floor, engine fired just as there was a blur of cars in the corner of my eye, dropped the clutch and lit up the rears and back onto the track, but alas, back in P8...

Ah well. Better luck next time they say.

Though I think it was my old man thinking I was getting too big for my boots, and enacting a little revenge on me for showing the sequence of him spinning the Cooper in the same spot at his funeral last week. Strange the thoughts that go through your head as you spin at 120km/h....

Congratulations sir, now for the championship, and I hope that cup you win is as big as Vettel's Bahrain winning trophy

Alas it was only a Minor Series Championship race, which means you get points equal to your finishing place, so I got....1 point. Had I finished tenth then I would have gotten 10 points, and thus be higher up the table.

We have two championships you see....one, over eight rounds where you get points for every race, starting with 140 points for first place, and then the total race points are added up, and you get a weekend placing position, and get your championship points based off that. It's all very complex, and I think I've got it all worked out and know how it works. Which is just as well, since I made up the system being that I run the division :P

And the other series is more for those at the back and midfield for a chance to claim some fame, and the front runners become also rans. You get points for improving your times over the weekend, or bettering a lap time for the track, or points taken off if you DNF or don't make the lap time. It's even more confusing, but not as confusing as it used to be when you had points deducted for spins, or wheels falling off and stuff like that.

Thankfully Mr Microsoft made Excel....

Oh and there are no cups...just cake...

ds02.jpg

It looks like Chocolate fudgecake, at least they could've spent some bloody money on a trophy looking cake or something...

Anyway, congrats again Handy!!! We have another champion in our midts

I enjoyed your race just like when watching live timing on F1.com, congrats to you, keep us posted on your next races, I know the feeling of going of track on a race, I used to do Go karts back in my country many years ago, at least you could continue your race, the worst feeling is walking back to the pits and watching the rest of the guys still having fun on track.

Congratulations Handy!

At least thats 1 McLaren on the top step of the podium

It looks like Chocolate fudgecake, at least they could've spent some bloody money on a trophy looking cake or something...

Anyway, congrats again Handy!!! We have another champion in our midts

It was a chocolate cake, and it is in the shape of a wheel and tyre as our sponsor is Avon. Twas my design. Next year it's going to be a helmet, and as the winner is normally known about a race out, then it will be done in their helmet design / colours etc

Formula One drivers don't get to eat cake, Craig. Strict dietary and fitness standards (I'm sure the dietitians in the team hope that if a driver can only get one podium, it be in Bahrain, so there's none of that empty calories thing going on in celebration). You'll have to just leave it for the rest of us...

Glad you won, and glad you shared the story with us. :thbup:

Formula One drivers don't get to eat cake, Craig. Strict dietary and fitness standards (I'm sure the dietitians in the team hope that if a driver can only get one podium, it be in Bahrain, so there's none of that empty calories thing going on in celebration). You'll have to just leave it for the rest of us...

Glad you won, and glad you shared the story with us. thbup.gif

I didn't win no cake (yes I know it's a double negative...sue me :P ) That's Dave...he has a real nice PRS Formula Ford, and it's pretty fast too....he won the other two races this past weekend.

It was a chocolate cake, and it is in the shape of a wheel and tyre as our sponsor is Avon. Twas my design. Next year it's going to be a helmet, and as the winner is normally known about a race out, then it will be done in their helmet design / colours etc

good good

That was an exciting description of a, oh wait, not a victory. I'm glad that you got... oh wait, no cake. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself and trying your hand at being Bernie :P

Not bad, sir, keep it up :D