Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

So When Will Pirelli Bring Better Tires ?

I'm still hoping for tire wars. I believe it can create more excitement. It's the same as different engine suppliers as it is now.

Michellin vs Bridgestone before was not that bad.

Besides, if there will be other tire supplier, we will see how Pirelli will measure against them. Maybe Pirelli is even superior after all , and that's what I want to see happening - Tire competition fisticufs.gifranting.gif

Really? How many exciting moments you remember due to the tire wars? How many unpredicatble races, and changes in the championship due to the improvements on one tire above the other? How much better Michelin and Bridgestone are compared to the rest thanks to the "ruthless competition"? What were your favorite exciting years in the tire wars era? 2002? 2004?

The only relevant moment the tire wars brought us was Indy 2005. Errr...no, thanks.

It's always the same. Things are either boring, or bad, or merely not perfect (as is now, because it is certainly not boring nor bad at all) and people choose some random thing from the past and say THAT was good.

Refuelling, tire wars, grooved tires, active suspension...whatever. Don't take me wrong, sometimes there are good reasons behind some of them. I guess we'd all prefer an F1 in which cars could overtake each other as much as they are doing this year without t he need of confusing KERS and DRS mechanisms and rules. But if there are two things that never had much bearing in improving the spectacle those are precisely tire wars and refuelling.

I don't recall that many "great" moments from the tyre wars. Do you seriously think you would have seen 7 different winners in the first 7 GPs like we saw last year, if we say had travelled back in time 6-7 years ago? Or had those same companies come back into F1? There's no way in hell Bridgestone would make a spec degrading tyre.

What made it so predictable and boring was that amount of testing that was done. It was Ferrari and Bridgestone winning pretty much everything until Michelin came out with a good spec tyre, then it was them winning alot.

I like what Pirelli have done, but they have been sold out here. They are not to blame for the current state of F1. That doesn't mean I don't think they went too agressive with this years tyre spec, but they did achieve what they were asked to do.

If we do get a tyre war again, it will be the big guys who are spending more money having the "better" tyres. Thus Pirelli won't stand a chance if Michelin and Bridgestone arrive back in the game.

And this is how we thank the only tyre supplier that put their hands up to create a tyre that would degrade quickly? And I suspect appreciated and respected everyone enough for them to realise the tyres they were making were not representative of their road tyres. Thus an intelligent person could see the differentiation between the two. Must have gone right over the head of the armchair bandits.

Pirelli need to stay in F1 as it is, and make a slightly less degrading tyre for next year. As it is right now, they are just resorting to using their harder compound tyres, thus helping RBR, Merc and the other teams who have not had good tyre management, and saying a giant FU to the teams who got it right. I guess their arms is being bent badly, as they still don't have a signed contract. Thus the end result is they can't please everyone, and thus get the chop, become the fall guys and patsies and are shown the door. It's terrible and not how a company who has contributed to some great years of F1, deserves to be treated that way.

Really? How many exciting moments you remember due to the tire wars? How many unpredicatble races, and changes in the championship due to the improvements on one tire above the other? How much better Michelin and Bridgestone are compared to the rest thanks to the "ruthless competition"? What were your favorite exciting years in the tire wars era? 2002? 2004?

The only relevant moment the tire wars brought us was Indy 2005. Errr...no, thanks.

It's always the same. Things are either boring, or bad, or merely not perfect (as is now, because it is certainly not boring nor bad at all) and people choose some random thing from the past and say THAT was good.

Refuelling, tire wars, grooved tires, active suspension...whatever. Don't take me wrong, sometimes there are good reasons behind some of them. I guess we'd all prefer an F1 in which cars could overtake each other as much as they are doing this year without t he need of confusing KERS and DRS mechanisms and rules. But if there are two things that never had much bearing in improving the spectacle those are precisely tire wars and refuelling.

A full head of hair...now THAT was good....

Well, I was remembering fondly with a sly smile the fact that development with the Michelin teams drove the tyre manufacturer to actually start producing better tyres than their rival... much satisfaction as Ferrai had unequaled test mileage with their fav Bridgestone who seemed to specifically design tyres for the team during their domination years, also at the cost of the other Bridgestone teams...

Yeah, very satisfactory memories.

bring on tyre wars I say!!!

Senna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And bring back refuelling

Yup Refueling is a lot of fun and challenge.

Also imagine F1 having only 1 Engine supplier ? How boring would that be?

Same as tire at the moment. One tire supplier and a bunch of F1 teams complaining about it's wear. Boring !

Another tyre manufacturer and refuelling added alot more strategy and excitement, trying to predict the pace of the car and determining what fuel load he is running. I enjoyed that very much

So with Perez having a tyre failure on the new extra strongly glued tyres, surely that's a worry isn't it? If these are meant to be safer then goodness help us!!

So with Perez having a tyre failure on the new extra strongly glued tyres, surely that's a worry isn't it? If these are meant to be safer then goodness help us!!

Actually, the failure was caused by a new component on the Maccas that made contact with the tires thus cutting them.

Motorsport is dangerous anyway mate. It's no different to the fires suffered by kers failure.

Actually, the failure was caused by a new component on the Maccas that made contact with the tires thus cutting them.

Oh, I hadn't heard that, thanks for pointing it out :)

Alonso has blasted Pirelli accusing them of bringing tyres to this gp that favor merc and rb over everyone else

I think F1 is in one of its golden eras currently, races are much more interesting.

Shame that people want to change things back and undo all the things that have made it what it is. sad.png

+1

Alonso has blasted Pirelli accusing them of bringing tyres to this gp that favor merc and rb over everyone else

He didn't accuse Pirelli. He vented his frustration that those tires favor Merc and RBR, but right afterwards he lay all the blame on himself and the team.

Well lets hope he can make his way back through to score some decent points

Well done again Pirell for tire explosions all over Great Britain. shakehead.gif

Pirelli can surely be the sole supplier in 2014

for GP2 heyjoe67_cooper.gifharhar.gif