Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

So When Will Pirelli Bring Better Tires ?

Does this mean cheese come from the moon as the moon is made of cheese.

If it is, why didn't Neil Armstrong and co. bring some back with them? I'm afraid this one could well be a rumour, along with the cow jumping over it story, I don't believe that one either!

No, Mr Moseley no longer works there, remember and all ze whips haff gone! biggrin.png

He knows NOTHING! ;)

Oh, boy.

Chill, dude.. It takes time

Lol I was convinced some people thought I was that thick, sorry bare with me as iam still new and need to sus out everyone's sense of humor or in some cases intelligence lol.

Could be THE Last warning for Sub-Pirellis.

No more excuses allowed next time

Drivers threaten German Grand Prix pull-out

Four drivers suffered tyre blow-outs during the British Grand Prix last Sunday and formula one drivers warned that they will withdraw from this weekend's race if they face any repeat of the tyre failures.

Agence France-Presse | Last updated on Friday, 05 July 2013 10:03-

Nurburgring, Germany: pirelli_tyres_300.jpgFormula One drivers warned on Thursday that they will withdraw from this weekend's German Grand Prix if they face any repeat of the tyre failures experienced at the British Grand Prix.

In a robust statement following a meeting of the Grand Prix Drivers' Association (GPDA) in the Nurburgring paddock, they said they will pull out immediately if there is any sign of the dramatic and dangerous blowouts that overshadowed Silverstone last weekend.

The statement said: "The drivers of the Grand Prix Drivers' Association wish to express their deepest concerns about the events that took place at Silverstone.

"We trust that the changes made to the tyres will have the desired results and that similar problems will not occur during the German GP weekend.

"We are ready to drive our cars to the limit, as we always do, and as it is expected by our teams, sponsors and fans.

"However, the drivers have decided that, if similar problems should manifest themselves during the German GP, we shall immediately withdraw from the event, as this avoidable problem with the tyres endangers again the lives of drivers, marshals and fans."

Tyre suppliers Pirelli have said they are confident that the Kevlar-belted tyres the Italian company has brought to the Nurburgring will not suffer a repeat of the failures that blighted the race at Silverstone.

Four drivers suffered blow-outs during the race last Sunday.

In the aftermath, the drivers called for immediate action. Pirelli have reacted by switching to a new supply of tyres, but they blamed the blowouts on a combination of low tyre pressures, adverse camber, tyre swapping and kerbs for the problems.

The new Kevlar-belted tyres to be used in Germany will be for this event only.

A new specification, using 2012 construction and 2013 compounds, is scheduled to be introduced at the Hungarian Grand Prix at the end of the month.[/color][/color]

It appears that the teams that had the blowouts had their tyres on the wrong rims. The tyres were never designed to be on that side of the car, a bit like directional road tyres, only with less margin of safety (being that they are race tyres). You can't lay the entire blame on Pirelli, and this is why the teams are keeping pretty quiet. They fooked up, not Pirelli.

Omg do you two think iam serious?

Well, I am hardly ever serious, to be honest, but it's why I use a whistling.gif or a laugh.png or a dam.gif then people know you are joking, well the intelligent ones do whistling.gif

Sorry, I couldn't resist laugh.png

Lol I have a star named after me my mother gave to me as a child. I have a paper document to proove it but god only knows where it is lol. Probably the same one the gave every one else.

I hope not, I am dairy intolerant and own a plot on the moon courtesy of the Lunar Embassy (and no I am not joking) smile.png

Me too, I'm meant to avoid dairy, citrus fruits, caffeine, salt, and artificial sweetners. But wow on owning part of the moon, when do you plan to visit your plot? ;)

Lol I have a star named after me my mother gave to me as a child. I have a paper document to proove it but god only knows where it is lol. Probably the same one the gave every one else.

So you really are a star then? Lucky you!!!

Me too, I'm meant to avoid dairy, citrus fruits, caffeine, salt, and artificial sweetners. But wow on owning part of the moon, when do you plan to visit your plot? ;)

So you really are a star then? Lucky you!!!

You got it lol