Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Vettel Haters

I don't hate Vettel but I am not a big fan of his interviews.

I mean he talks too much, in the podium or even during press conference. The other podium winners are all bored waiting for him to finish.

Just answer the questions straight and as precise and a short as possible. He talks long and too detailed yet boring....eyebrow22.gif

Long, detailed, and boring.

Never knew anyone like that. ;)

(I usually turn the TV off as soon at the first ad break after the checkered, which is before the interviews. I like not knowing what these guys' personalities are like and just enjoying what they can do with the race cars). :lol:

(I usually turn the TV off as soon at the first ad break after the checkered, which is before the interviews. I like not knowing what these guys' personalities are like and just enjoying what they can do with the race cars). laugh.png

Same here.

Vettel's approach to answering questions is quite thorough and detailed but that shouldn't be surprising since his preparation for GP's is much the same.

Vettel's approach to answering questions is quite thorough and detailed but that shouldn't be surprising since his preparation for GP's is much the same.

true true

Long, detailed, and boring.

Never knew anyone like that. wink.png

(I usually turn the TV off as soon at the first ad break after the checkered, which is before the interviews. I like not knowing what these guys' personalities are like and just enjoying what they can do with the race cars). laugh.png

I will start doing that from next raceicon2_flag.gif

true true

Thirded :)

I dont like Vettel and that was made far worse by the 2013 Malaysian GP. I dont think it's valid to say 'he's a winner, he'll do whatever it takes'. Does that excuse Schumacher for parking in monaco qualifying, ramming Villeneuve, and all the other crap he pulled? Seb showed a massive middle-finger to Christian Horner and yet the team still took it in turns to lick his backside later that evening.

Admittedly I used to be one of the "vettel can't RACE' critics. Especially after he smashed into Jenson at the 2010 Belgian GP. But in 2012 he did have to do a fair bit of overtaking and yes he did it pretty well.

Just look at Vettel in the 2008 Toro Rosso and you can see he's a special one.

I dont like Vettel and that was made far worse by the 2013 Malaysian GP. I dont think it's valid to say 'he's a winner, he'll do whatever it takes'. Does that excuse Schumacher for parking in monaco qualifying, ramming Villeneuve, and all the other crap he pulled? Seb showed a massive middle-finger to Christian Horner and yet the team still took it in turns to lick his backside later that evening.

Admittedly I used to be one of the "vettel can't RACE' critics. Especially after he smashed into Jenson at the 2010 Belgian GP. But in 2012 he did have to do a fair bit of overtaking and yes he did it pretty well.

Just look at Vettel in the 2008 Toro Rosso and you can see he's a special one.

Okay with the Malaysia thing, Vettel ignored team orders, well not wishing to go all playground on you, but Webber did it first! He was the first in the team to ignore an order not to pass Vettel, (Silverstone 2011). Was there a big fuss then? No, yet when Seb does it there is? Makes no sense to me.

Yes I looked at Vettel in the Toro Rosso and thought this boy is good.

Comparing his ignoring team orders to the things Michael Schumacher did like punting Hill off in Adelaide 1994, the attempt on Villeneuve in Jerez in 1997, etc. not to mention also almost driving Barrichello into the pit wall a couple of years ago.... I think that's vastly different. If Vettel goes that far he'll completely lose my respect, but I personally think he's a long way off behaving that way.

True Seb doesn't endanger lives like Schuey did. I must admit I can't remember silverstone 2011 but what happened in malaysia made me think why does the team bother giving radio orders if they can be ignored with no repercussions? Why can an employee blatantly ignore their own boss and still get praised?

True Seb doesn't endanger lives like Schuey did. I must admit I can't remember silverstone 2011 but what happened in malaysia made me think why does the team bother giving radio orders if they can be ignored with no repercussions? Why can an employee blatantly ignore their own boss and still get praised?

Christian Horner wasn't a happy bunny at Seb doing that, he said so at the time, Dieter .. I can't spell his last name but you know who I mean, he wasn't happy either. Yet Seb still won the race and that's what they're there to do. He didn't take his team mate out and they got a decent finish, so yes he broke the rules but the end result was still a good one for the team surely. That doesn't make what he did right of course, but he apologised and so long as he doesn't do it again then it's a one off and we all do things we wished we hadn't afterwards, he just did it in front of millions of viewers is all.

Hmm good points but I think the apology is invalid - only because we all know if the same situation happened again, he'd do the same thing. If you say 'sorry' for something it's because you know it was the wrong thing to do, but I believe he's happy about what he did and would do the same next time (if it occurs again, which it probably won't this year!)

Thirded smile.png

Alonso, Hamilton, Button, Nico, and other top drivers prepares equally hard and detailed but they talk less - much less.shakehead.gif

@jemstride, sorry mate don't know how to quote as I just joined. But Vettel is happy because he got his own way,weather people like it or not webber and coulthard built the team into the position it is, that's why I get so frustrated at the lack of love for webber from his own team,IMO it all started in the 2010 British gp with the front wing fiasco. Vettel chose to stay at Redbull as alonso is still at Ferrari,and IMO I think Vettel thinks he can't compete in the same car as alonso, look at last years cactus Ferrari that alonso put in 2nd place in the championship, do you think Vettel could do the same? He absolutely has no respect for webber what so ever and it's a bit sad. Concidering he tells the team when he wants webbers help (brazil 2012,Malaysia 2013. 2010 was IMO webbers best chance yet to be champion, yet while webber was in contention more so than seb in the later stages,they still favoured seb over webber. Redbull would have looked like clowns if seb didn't pull through. They have used the same mentality on turkey 2010 which was clear as day vettel's fault and Malaysia 2013. I so can't wait to see him in another car, ill eat my words if he is just as quick.

webric I agree with you. 2010 was definitely Mark's best chance of the title and he was ahead of Seb on points for a lot of the year if I remember rightly, but it was still obvious the team loved the young golden boy.

As for thanking RBR drivers for building the team - don't forget all the development put in by Klien, Liuzzi and Doornbos!!!

Ohh absolutely, liuzzi IMO I soooo underrated, one of the fastest karters I've ever seen he is super quick on a kart.

Hmm good points but I think the apology is invalid - only because we all know if the same situation happened again, he'd do the same thing. If you say 'sorry' for something it's because you know it was the wrong thing to do, but I believe he's happy about what he did and would do the same next time (if it occurs again, which it probably won't this year!)

Only time will tell if you're right on that. I am not so sure he'd do it again but only Vettel can be certain whether he would, and even he wouldn't know until the situation arose I bet.

@jemstride, sorry mate don't know how to quote as I just joined. But Vettel is happy because he got his own way,weather people like it or not webber and coulthard built the team into the position it is, that's why I get so frustrated at the lack of love for webber from his own team,IMO it all started in the 2010 British gp with the front wing fiasco. Vettel chose to stay at Redbull as alonso is still at Ferrari,and IMO I think Vettel thinks he can't compete in the same car as alonso, look at last years cactus Ferrari that alonso put in 2nd place in the championship, do you think Vettel could do the same? He absolutely has no respect for webber what so ever and it's a bit sad. Concidering he tells the team when he wants webbers help (brazil 2012,Malaysia 2013. 2010 was IMO webbers best chance yet to be champion, yet while webber was in contention more so than seb in the later stages,they still favoured seb over webber. Redbull would have looked like clowns if seb didn't pull through. They have used the same mentality on turkey 2010 which was clear as day vettel's fault and Malaysia 2013. I so can't wait to see him in another car, ill eat my words if he is just as quick.

Oh please, I have to pick you up on that, Brazil 2012 Webber hardly helped his team mate, if anything he actively hindered him (Christian Horner agrees with that too). I like Webber, I do but he's good at playing the martyr when things don't go his way. Yes Red Bull favour Vettel and maybe it's not fair, but name me a team where that doesn't happen. At least Webber isn't made to pull over and bow as his team mate passes like Massa has to for Alonso!!!

Oh and in Brazil 2011 did you really believe Vettel had a car issue when he gifted the win to Webber? I sure as hell don't, if he did there's no way he could have stayed so close to him to the end of the race.

Ohh absolutely, liuzzi IMO I soooo underrated, one of the fastest karters I've ever seen he is super quick on a kart.

Marry me.

No, seriously.

Only time will tell if you're right on that. I am not so sure he'd do it again but only Vettel can be certain whether he would, and even he wouldn't know until the situation arose I bet.

Oh please, I have to pick you up on that, Brazil 2012 Webber hardly helped his team mate, if anything he actively hindered him (Christian Horner agrees with that too). I like Webber, I do but he's good at playing the martyr when things don't go his way. Yes Red Bull favour Vettel and maybe it's not fair, but name me a team where that doesn't happen. At least Webber isn't made to pull over and bow as his team mate passes like Massa has to for Alonso!!!

Oh and in Brazil 2011 did you really believe Vettel had a car issue when he gifted the win to Webber? I sure as hell don't, if he did there's no way he could have stayed so close to him to the end of the race.

Why does everyone seem to forget,this all started in 2010 fist with the wing fiasco on Britain, then at the end of the season. I consistent read in the news,seb was consistently asked if he would help webber, he never did as to me it looked like he and the team planed all along that he would win,webber just got in the way,why is he also having kers and car issues compared to seb if they were the same car?marks car is 6months behind IMO technology wise,this is like ballestrie or how ever you spell his name and the senna Prost fued,like senna mark knows something is up and they make it out like its a conspiracy. It's plain as day just look at the compition between the two since 09 to now, mark keeps falling more behind, due to poor executed pitstops and technical issues. I mean come on reliability is rock solid, when have you last seen a engine blow compared to atleast 2-3 every gp like we used to see, he is in the top team, so why is his reliability compromised out of everybody in the field, I understand others have issues but marks are to common, soon as everyone notices it and starts talking, all of a sudden kers issue seems to be gone and he is starting like he should. I think it's be a downward slide for mark since 2010, his best bet is to stay if he can cope, sure as hell I couldn't, I would've knocked seb out by now, or retire I'd love to see him go on to another team but its to late in his career to sort a new car out and be quick.

Marry me.

No, seriously.

Take it you like liuzzi? I've seen him on YouTube racing karts, he is phenomenal, just didnt get a fair go. Should have put him back in the India car alongside di resta, this year, but in saying that I have a soft spot for kobayashi,so I thought he deserved that seat IMO.

Take it you like liuzzi? I've seen him on YouTube racing karts, he is phenomenal, just didnt get a fair go. Should have put him back in the India car alongside di resta, this year, but in saying that I have a soft spot for kobayashi,so I thought he deserved that seat IMO.

Seems like you and I won't agree on Mark and Seb and that's fine, we're all allowed our own opinion aren't we?

However, I do agree with you on Liuzzi not getting a fair crack of the whip and the fact that Kobayashi deserves to be racing as well.