Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Vettel Haters

I totally agree,everyone is entitled to an opinion, on kobayashi,that makes me sad. He was the breath of fresh air formula one needed IMO, the best driver to ever come out of Japan and I really think he would have eventually won a race. Do think he could win, givin the opportunity to drive a decent car?

Take it you like liuzzi? I've seen him on YouTube racing karts, he is phenomenal, just didnt get a fair go. Should have put him back in the India car alongside di resta, this year, but in saying that I have a soft spot for kobayashi,so I thought he deserved that seat IMO.

Liuzzi? Who's Liuzzi?

Huh?

:lol: Sorry, just messing with you, which is something I should not do as my friends said! Never take me too seriously, that is one of the first rules here at the forum

Yes, I supported Liuzzi!

You have to break them in gently :lol:

Welcome to the forum Web!

Thanks mate it's been quite pleasant so far compared to other forums, people are quite reasonable come your own opinion, it's nice, thanks for the welcome guys/girls hope I can be involved in some good conversations on our favourite sport. Just gotta add this GO WEBBO And GO RICCI yeah!!! Wooooo,sorry lol

Don't forget also that Toni Liuzzi dominated F3000 (now GP2) like no other has since. What's he doing now I wonder? Time for a Wikipedia sesh.

Ah he's racing in touring cars with other former f1 'stars' such as Pierluigi Martini and Gianni Morbidelli

Liuzzi was driving for Colin Kolles in the World Endurance Championship last year, too. Not sure if that's still the case.

He came to Australia last year and did the Bathurst 1000 and the Gold Coast 600 on the v8supercars

Funny how some drivers blitz everything til they get to F1 and stumble. Nick Heidfeld was the same, he was gona be a superstar! So was Jan Magnussen. Wow that's twice I've mentioned Jan Magnussen in one day. I wonder what he's doing now? Back to wikipedia

Another example of should have blitzed F1 but didn't was Alex Zanardi. He did well in everything he touched until then and since. His efforts which won him two gold medals at the paralympics were awesome.

Bourdais, too. F3000 champion on top of the Champ Car and IROC (a NASCAR stock car series) wins. Then went on to be very quick in sports cars and win a few V8 Supercars races as a co-driver (admittedly in the best car with the best teammate).

Jan is driving in the danish touring car championship. Surprisingly he's only 39 years of age

Magnussen's also a Corvette factory driver; that's what pays. He runs the Corvettes in the American Le Mans Series full-time and the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the WEC. The calendar is short (11 races total there, plus the Rolex 24 at Daytona that he runs making it 12), so it certainly gives him the free time to do the touring cars, too. He also had a NASCAR run a few years ago; coincidentally, Jacques Villeneuve will be in that very car next weekend. It's one of their tracks that has right turns.

Magnussen's problem seemed to be a real lack of commitment (sounds like another ex-McLaren guy: Michael Andretti). You can get away with that elsewhere, but not so in F1. (His other problem is that he is a dirty, dirty driver. Really, really dirty. Always wrecking someone or pushing someone out of the way. Or at least that's how I see it). ;)

There's a story David Brabham, his former teammate, told. They were co-drivers in a prototype for Panoz. Brabham would get in the car and set it up during practice. Magnussen would be sitting around in the paddock smoking a cigarette. Brabham would get out, Magnussen would nonchalantly get in, and go and immediately set a quicker time than Brabham had. :lol:

I'm glad there's no ill-will between McLaren and Mags, though, such that his son is getting the opportunity. Kevin has the speed, and hopefully his father and the team had some experiences to share with him.

Kevin has the speed, he got replaced by jos verstappen in the stewart