Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean-Pierre

Top Five Drivers In Your Opinion

A lot of discussions in most threads around who is the best or who could be if he were in the right car. Just for the hell of it, I would interested in knowing your top five. Not as easy as it seems if you look at things objectively - ya, right! - Here are mine:

1. Alonso and Hamilton equal

2. Kimi

3. Button

4. Vettel

5. Perez (I could not resist)

A lot of discussions in most threads around who is the best or who could be if he were in the right car. Just for the hell of it, I would interested in knowing your top five. Not as easy as it seems if you look at things objectively - ya, right! - Here are mine:

1. Alonso and Hamilton equal

2. Kimi

3. Button

4. Vettel

5. Perez (I could not resist)

That's six...ya cheat :P :P

Top Five (in alphabetical order)

Fernando Alonso

Craig Baird

Dario Franchitti

Lewis Hamilton

Sebastian Vettel

Four names you will know, and one you will not....Bairdo is the 2nd most winning active driver in the world today (only beaten out by Donny Schatz whom races in little circles aka Outlaws (Sprint Cars for the rest of the speedway world)), and given the right car he can down trou any driver out there. His win total is 184.

Mike the Schu...a measely 112. Some idolised guy from Brasil, killed in '94...90 wins. Some French dude with a funny nose...83 wins.

So, in terms of answering the question "who could be if he were in the right car", then Bairdo is on my list.

FYI go to driverdb.com for all the stats and figures

1.- Hamilton

2.- Vettel/Kimi

3.- Button and would very much like to put Bianchi here.

The best car part can be disregarded. In 'the best car' (for that particular driver) anybody can be the best.

Yeah, even Craig,

1.- Hamilton

2.- Vettel/Kimi

3.- Button and would very much like to put Bianchi here.

The best car part can be disregarded. In 'the best car' (for that particular driver) anybody can be the best.

Yeah, even Craig,

The Quiet One,

hey, it's ok man, You can put yer fav Alonso nr1, not nice to leave the guy outwhistling.gif

The Quiet One,

hey, it's ok man, You can put yer fav Alonso nr1, not nice to leave the guy outwhistling.gif

Nah, we're discussing drivers here, not gods ;)

But seriously? Yeah, Alonso about 20 miles above all the rest and then you can place Max Chilton second for all I care :P

Ordered by their ability to maximise results in any given situation:

Miyamoto Musashi reincarnate; the Cheater who hates cucumbers; the one whose only friend in the paddock is a dog; the guy who loves interviews; the boring smooth one who nobody used to think was any good.

Four names you will know, and one you will not....Bairdo is the 2nd most winning active driver in the world today (only beaten out by Donny Schatz whom races in little circles aka Outlaws (Sprint Cars for the rest of the speedway world)), and given the right car he can down trou any driver out there. His win total is 184.

For what it's worth, they are actually called sprint cars in the United States, as well. World of Outlaws is just a series for sprint cars that don't conform to any rules but their own (making them nothing like outlaws). It is like calling it "a NASCAR" to call it "an outlaw;" they're stock cars and sprint cars. Sprint cars are a niche thing, so the people who are aware of them here, are usually aware that there is no such car as "an outlaw."

Ordered by their ability to maximise results in any given situation:

Miyamoto Musashi reincarnate; the Cheater who hates cucumbers; the one whose only friend in the paddock is a dog; the guy who loves interviews; the boring smooth one who nobody used to think was any good.

Oh, oh, oh, I know those!

Let's see:

1) Yuji Ide what.gif

2) Nelson Piquet Jr. unsure.png

3) Bernie Ecclestone errrrrr.gif

4) Montoya ermm.gif

5) Craig (?) rolleyes.gif

I must say, that's a pretty unusual list you have there.

Fernando Alonso

Craig Baird

Dario Franchitti

Lewis Hamilton

Sebastian Vettel

I think it'd make more sense if it was like this:

1. Sebastien Loeb

2. Sebastien Loeb

3. Sebastien Loeb

4. Sebastien Loeb

5. Sebastien Loeb

But that's just me... :P

Alonso

Vettel/Hamilton - different strong points

Kimi

Button

Button's place is expected to be taken fairly soon by either Grosjean, the Hulk or Bianchi.

1. Jason Statham

2. Vin Diesel

3. Sylvester Stallone

4. Steve McQueen

5. James Garner

McQueen didn't win, so you have to put Garner ahead as he won in that Honda :P :P

McQueen didn't win, so you have to put Garner ahead as he won in that Honda tongue.pngtongue.png

He didn't end up in a ball of fire what with that terrible understeering Mustang in Bullit. Besides James Garner was driving like a cucumber leading to Jim Clark crashing at Monaco and his exhaust pipe fell off and killed Sarthi didn't it?

In my opinion, the top drivers are:

1. Felipe Massa

2. Jules Bianchi

3. Jean-Éric Vergne

4. Simon Pagenaud

5. Carlos Muñoz

6. P.J. Jones

7. Oriol Servià

8. Anders Krohn

9. Dane Cameron

10. Bobby Santos

11. Markus Niemelä

12. Frédéric Makowiecki

13. Jeroen "Personal Jesus" Bleekemolen

Based purely on how interested I am in their endeavors.

As far as the intention of the thread, I'm a by-the-book "whoever wins the title is the best and no one else matters" kind of guy, so we'll see in November. The races are very competitive and I like to see all of them at the front, battling for something.