Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Monaco Gp - Pearl Of F1

Some thrilling qualy!

Shame about Ferrari and Poochies, they are just miles away from the Mercs and RBRs in qualy. Let's see what tricks can they pull off for tomorrow.

Choo choo, all aboard the Mercedes train this time tomorrow...

+1, but then Vettel will find a way by and get a long way ahead as they hold everyone else up ;)

Angie,

This is my worst nightmare! They will all make two pit stops and vettel will have a hard te passing Louis. Plus Fernando is not going to just lay there. Dirty racing for tomorrow I tell you.

Was quite an interesting quali today. Grosjean must feel bitterly disappointed, but one has to start wondering if he has been so fast this weekend because he has just been pushing way too hard. You can get a few very fast laps that way, but you're bound to hit the walls sooner rather than later if you're past your limit, and he already did twice.

We might have a nice battle between Kimi and Fernando tomorrow, provided they clear the first corner.

We might have a nice battle between Kimi and Fernando tomorrow, provided they clear the first corner.

Well they can't do much worse than GP2.

Saying that, Grosjean certainly tried his best to cause chaos at the first corner this time last year, so I predict a Giedo van der Garde victory.

Left my iPad on the train! Fortunately, someone got on at Villefranche on the return trip and handed it in! Amazing. JB unlucky not to finish higher - he had the pace but he lost power at the end of Q3. If Macca don't make a huge step forward in Canada their season has gone. PIR was furious! I was in the pits area at the end of Q2 and he was throwing a wobbler. Crazy strategy to say the least. So, we will have a procession behind the lumbering Mercs unless it rains. It's not meant to so, lets see what 19C does to the tyres.

I will stand by my original prediction that Red Bull, on the strength of time saved in the pits, will leap the Mercedes. They'll stay right there and gain enough tenths over the two stops to cycle ahead.

Of course, that's what I'd plan to do, but man plans, and Vettel laughs. If Red Bull ask him to stay behind and see how the pit cycles work, you can guarantee he's on the DRS and doing something very bold (more than likely, he pulls it off, too...I remember when people, probably even myself, said he couldn't overtake...believe me, he can, very well).

I look forward to it. It's such a special day of racing. :)

Well, it's a little over 15C here and very sunny. A little cloud but 0% chance of rain according to the experts. Caterham were in a party mood last night and Hamilton has turned to rubbishing his car, probably pre-empting a poor race performance today. The inside story at Lotus today, [where I am currently purloining breakfast!] is that Raikkonen will stay. Lopez has told staff they can bank on it. Hmm, heard that before. I do give Lotus a chance of pushing hard today, the RS27's torque map can be dialled in to deal with this track very well indeed and I believe Lotus get the best out of this particular engine. They also have two extremely rapid drivers. I just hope we don't see a repeat of the GP2 farce yesterday.

Well, it's a little over 15C here and very sunny. A little cloud but 0% chance of rain according to the experts. Caterham were in a party mood last night and Hamilton has turned to rubbishing his car, probably pre-empting a poor race performance today. The inside story at Lotus today, [where I am currently purloining breakfast!] is that Raikkonen will stay. Lopez has told staff they can bank on it. Hmm, heard that before. I do give Lotus a chance of pushing hard today, the RS27's torque map can be dialled in to deal with this track very well indeed and I believe Lotus get the best out of this particular engine. They also have two extremely rapid drivers. I just hope we don't see a repeat of the GP2 farce yesterday.

lucky bugger :P

Well that is going to go down as well as a cup of cold sick...

Could you post the outline of what that article says? I've run out of free Autosport articles for this month, annoyingly.

Well that is going to go down as well as a cup of cold sick...

Could you post the outline of what that article says? I've run out of free Autosport articles for this month, annoyingly.

Sure!

Apparently, Pirelli has an option to call lany team for help in their development, so they asked Merc for a test on some new tires. It seems they tested for 3 days after the race (a "secret" test, without notifying the other teams).

Horner is certainly fuming and it's mentioned that Ferrari as well. Other articles also mention the possibility of a formal complaint to the FIA.

What a glorious day at Monaco! Not a single cloud.

Sean, you can't ask for more!

(Ok, you can ask for Salma Hayek, but that's it)

This was actually buzzing around on Friday but no one got stuck in until RBR made the protest official. The point is, the FIA should have consulted all the teams when Pirelli called up the option. It's their ball now. JB fuel pump fix is done and track temp is way up so, here goes.

And now it seems that Ferrari, one of the protesting teams, has also done a test this year :lol:

Have I mentioned Cameron Diaz? :wub:

Massa the most consistent driver on the grid, consistently crashing in the same way at the same spot.

Red flag! Wonder if Alonso will allow Perez to go ahead as he (Alonso) had cut the chicane/corner or something a few minutes back.

Don't think so, apparently both teams consulted and it seems he was allowed as it was to avoid an accident.

EDIT: They are still discussing it and he might have to hand it back!