Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Monaco Gp - Pearl Of F1

oh he did reply with ANOTHER stupid remark...that it was'nt his but Kimi's fault...

Name me a driver that when they crash will admit it's their fault. Okay it does happen but rarely, most of the time they blame the other guy.

From Perez's perspective he's going to think Kimi closed the gap on him, however from Kimi's point of view, he just naturally took the racing line and Perez started the move too late to be far alongside his car enough that he should have left him space.

As I said, it's all down to perspective and we agree or disagree with either side depending on our own perspective of how we viewed the incident. It's just an opinion after all and we're all entitled to them. On this occasion I agree with Kimi but clearly others don't, that's their call and I can live with that so long as they don't tell me I am wrong and I have to agree with them. ;)

laugh.png You wish!

And for the record I don't think there's anything terrible in what he said, but neither makes me more sympathetic towards him.

For example, Brad keeps saying that Vettel is the best. I don't think he should be shot immediately for saying that! I would merely disagree with him.

And then shoot him.

And I agree with him, just please, don't shoot me!! errrrrr.gifbyebye.gifno.gif

I think people are taking the punch in the face comment a bit too seriously.

Mind you, punching has yielded some memorable moments in motor-sports, like Schumi mincing down to punch DC in the face in a wet Spa (...perhaps I should have rephrased that.... :) ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZc4k53Xwc

Senna going for Irvine (Was it Japan?)

and my personal favourite, Paul Tracy vs. Alex Tagliani http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSmHN_JMiDY

:D

I guess this will have to be settled on the track. It will be interesting to see who had the right take on Perez, the ones who see him as a clumsy idiot or the ones who see him as a guy capable of dominating his team mate and become a force in the sport.

I think people are taking the punch in the face comment a bit too seriously.

Mind you, punching has yielded some memorable moments in motor-sports, like Schumi mincing down to punch DC in the face in a wet Spa (...perhaps I should have rephrased that.... smile.png )

Oh I still recall that one, DC still had his helmet on and looked like he was going to give Schumi a Glasgow kiss laughing.gif Yes a bit of handbags at one another is somewhat amusing when tempers flare.

I guess this will have to be settled on the track. It will be interesting to see who had the right take on Perez, the ones who see him as a clumsy idiot or the ones who see him as a guy capable of dominating his team mate and become a force in the sport.

Jean Pierre, for me Perez has to prove he can make the moves cleanly without having to muscle his way by. If he can do that, then yeah, I'd applaud him as much as you do for being willing to have a go, but if all it ends up in is barging people off the track or worse accidents, surely no one can think it's a good thing can they?

Jean Pierre, for me Perez has to prove he can make the moves cleanly without having to muscle his way by. If he can do that, then yeah, I'd applaud him as much as you do for being willing to have a go, but if all it ends up in is barging people off the track or worse accidents, surely no one can think it's a good thing can they?

Well, here again, it is a question of interpretation. His fight with Button a few races ago was critisized by some but praised by others. In Monte-Carlo, again, depending on who your talking with, he was a genius or a clumsy idiot. So, for many, he has already proven that he can make the moves cleanly without having to muscle his way by.

It doesn't matter how much backing Perez has. Sooner or later, he will have to be putting in the performances of what is expected as a McLaren driver. Montoya would wipe the floor with this guy. He had that X factor. Perez doesn't have it. He made more dodgy moves in Monaco that he did good moves. His good moves were definately good, but his bad moves outweighed them. I've never liked him being at McLaren since it was first announced. Now after his taking out Kimi, he's a target. No only from Kimi fans, but from the drivers as well. You don't mess with 3x WDCs on track and not come away with a target on your back.

Kamui or Kovi would have been better McLaren picks, but I think the Hulk should have really gone there. I know he's probably got a Ferrari drive lined up at some point, but if Kimi goes to RBR, and Webber maybe goes to Ferrari, he'll still be stuck at Sauber. Now I love Sauber, but they've been pretty off the pace for years now like Williams and I can't see that changing until next years surprises.

Jean-Pierre he hasn't proven he can make moves cleanly, and certainly isn't a trusted driver. If you see Kimi, Alonso and the big boys fighting, they all leave room for one another, be it even centermetres, but still enough room and pull of clean passes. There is trust in each others ability. Perez doesn't have that yet. He reminds me of Maldonado and the smiling Frenchman at Lotus. Hot and cold, but when they are cold it's bad to dangerous.

There has been many analysis here about Perez and every analyst sounded pretty sure of his or her point, as you do.

It will be extremely interesting, to me at least, to see who had the right take of the situation. As you know, I fully support the team' s choice of drivers.

my word Eric, if you really enjoyed this race then i don't know... F 1 cars are not built for tracks like these, it has far "outgrown" it. Not even words of grandeur or poetic rumblings can save it from what it really is, a farce!!!

Agree 100%, it's a shame with the beauty of the track and long history... but I personally think it's time to either drop it from the calendar altogether or make it a demonstration event or something because it is not representative of modern formula 1.

There has been many analysis here about Perez and every analyst sounded pretty sure of his or her point, as you do.

It will be extremely interesting, to me at least, to see who had the right take of the situation. As you know, I fully support the team' s choice of drivers.

It would seem, to me at least, that he made a good move against his team mate who was caught worrying about his front wing and left the door open, then made a dodgy move that left Alonso nowhere else to go but used to the rules of the sport to his advantage to gain the position (again, on any other race track this move wouldn't have worked... thus Monaco losing it's relevance), then got it completely wrong against Raikkonen trying to get past where there was just no space at all and I still can't believe he avoided a penalty.

It would seem, to me at least, that he made a good move against his team mate who was caught worrying about his front wing and left the door open, then made a dodgy move that left Alonso nowhere else to go but used to the rules of the sport to his advantage to gain the position (again, on any other race track this move wouldn't have worked... thus Monaco losing it's relevance), then got it completely wrong against Raikkonen trying to get past where there was just no space at all and I still can't believe he avoided a penalty.

Absolutely, on any other circuit alonso would have closed the door and kept track position, he avoided an obvious accident as Perez was already committed to the past and gets penalised, that's bit harsh. As for Raikkonen incident , he was way to far back to make kimi give him the inside line so it was bound to happen as kimi turned in. You could see it was going to happen before it did, so if we knew so would have Perez,but he was trying to push the envelope to far. I like his tenacity but he has to learn when to pull back.

I don't like Monaco at all. It is not a race, it is a parade for the super rich. They should not count the results of that race for the championship IMO.