Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Sergio Perez - Hero Or Villain ?

With Sergio's last Monaco race, would you consider his driving style a

Controlled Aggressive or Overly Showoff ?

We all know that he's still trying to prove his worth at the moment, but is he doing it wisely to impress his Team management or he's

creating a bad-boy image of himself ?

What do you F1 fans think?

He drives like an untouchable idiot with the teams main future sponsor behind him. He's in a Sh#t car, so he may as well have some fun out there.

At least he's not as boring as his team-mate who seems to spend most races on the radio telling tales.

In all honesty, Alonso and Kimi should have been too far up the road to be in his sights (so he could have just annoyed Button a bit more - again!)

Ironically, in times of extreme tyre management, the boy with a history of making tyres last for ages has become a wheel-spinning, under-braking, over-steering idiot!

Still, without the idiot - the race would have been the most boring for a long time!

Monaco has been boring to watch on TV for some time. I'm sure being there is probably a very different experience, but on TV it is a snooze-fest, UNLESS.... it rains. In which case it becomes fun :)

Mind you, it's never been a lot different - I remember in the days of Senna and Mansell overtaking was almost impossible then too.

And as for Perez? Fill his tyres with custard.

That would be just desserts :D

He drove like a child.

Aaaand he's alive!

Welcome back you cheeky b#####d!

You've been sorely missed. Well, except for the "-ly missed" part,

Part of me admires his go getting attitude, but the other part of me thinks he drives like an complete idiot. Yes when Kobayashi took risks and made some bold moves we admired him, or at least I did, but somehow he never pushed the other drivers to get so annoyed like Perez does. I agree he has to prove himself and good on him for having a go, but maybe he's just that bit too aggressive about it and could end up either hurting someone else or getting himself hurt.

The people who success is those who took risks and delivers! Not the ones to park the car after destroying the tyres and the brakes!!!!! Sergio must understand every kind of race is about results, and he got zero point at Monaco!!! His fault. Period. His is trying to race faster than his car and his skills; and every single driver in the F1 history to tried this way of racing ended dead or out of the F1 circus! He has the rest of the season to find balance... if he doesn´t find it, even with a huge sponsor, the main teams will shut their doors to him.

There are no heroes and no villains in sport or in life, sorry. Just ambiguity.

And Pérez is, well, ambiguous.

He made two great passes. One on Button and one on Alonso (he did not force Alonso out at all; Alonso just decided to cut the chicane, whether that was to be safe or whatever, I don't know, but it was needless, and he was justly penalized).

He got confident and he tried to make more great passes. They weren't. They were bad.

It's sort of like he's a young driver under a lot of pressure to impress right now. These things happen.

Pérez needs to determine why his great passes were great, and why his bad passes were bad. Then, he needs to only attempt passes under the circumstances that are present for a potential great pass, and not under the circumstances that make a potential great pass impossible.

He will get there, and like any other driver, every single one on the grid, he will continue to do things that are both good and not good.

To DPR, well, Button, if he's so boring, really did drive well. Did you see Button's move on Alonso through 17-18-19? It was probably the best of the day, and no one's talking about it!

Idiot?

Well, let see what the futur holds!

To me he will be one of these drivers which can bring the car over its limits, like Louis and Fernando. He will IMO world champion because the moves he pulled in the last three races and last year before his slump are at such level. Of course he lacks experience in a top car, but he is learning fast. The Mac is not as bad as many thinks and it is improving rapidly. He said they will be fighting for a podium this year and I think this is possible.

I wonder what all the name callers will say if he finished the year with more points than Button...

Which is another bet I'm willing to take (the first one being about Nico and Louis). Anyone? I bet a CD of my choice against a CD of my opponent's choice that Perez will finish ahead of Button in the points.

Aaaand he's alive!

Welcome back you cheeky b#####d!

You've been sorely missed. Well, except for the "-ly missed" part,

Thanks Andres. My two year old occupies a great deal of my time right now..... And rightly so. I have still followed F1 religiously, but not had the time to be here as much as I would like!

Idiot?

Well, let see what the futur holds!

To me he will be one of these drivers which can bring the car over its limits, like Louis and Fernando. He will IMO world champion because the moves he pulled in the last three races and last year before his slump are at such level. Of course he lacks experience in a top car, but he is learning fast. The Mac is not as bad as many thinks and it is improving rapidly. He said they will be fighting for a podium this year and I think this is possible.

I wonder what all the name callers will say if he finished the year with more points than Button...

Which is another bet I'm willing to take (the first one being about Nico and Louis). Anyone? I bet a CD of my choice against a CD of my opponent's choice that Perez will finish ahead of Button in the points.

Interesting bet. But Button has been the most consistent of the 2. Still, too close to call.

And after Kimi called for perez to be hit in the face, I don't think the nickname "Iceman" can be used anymore on him than anyone else. With comments like that, I hope he's glad for not going to the Force India after party in 2009. Y'know, with all that champagne glasses and Sutil being there...

Did he really say that?! Wow! I like Perez even more now!

I think the old timers better get ready to be rock and roll because the young generation has very long teeth. it has been a while since we had souch young talents, with perez, sutil, di resta, vergne and his team mate,and bianchi.

I hope they continue to make the old timers swear a little and get out of their comfort zone. IMHO the last race was a shame; none of them tried anything? Why? Because they want to play it safe? Bs! This is f1 and I want to see real racing, not a monte carle joke. If they keep that joke of a race, they have to be willing to accept true racers to try some audacious moves.

Anyways, we are having fun talking about it and it makes the next race even more interesting. I'll keep you guys posted with the interesting stuff.

Had they "raced" in the 1:17's, then they would easily have had a pitstop in hand - the average pit was 24-25secs so thats five laps when running 5-seconds faster than they were tootling around on Sunday. They were all just transfixed on a 2-stopper.

Thanks Andres. My two year old occupies a great deal of my time right now..... And rightly so. I have still followed F1 religiously, but not had the time to be here as much as I would like!

Oh, please! "Sorry, but I have a life!" it's, like, the oldest excuse in the book!

Wait...:eusa_think:

Had they "raced" in the 1:17's, then they would easily have had a pitstop in hand - the average pit was 24-25secs so thats five laps when running 5-seconds faster than they were tootling around on Sunday. They were all just transfixed on a 2-stopper.

That sounds great in theory, but you'd need to have that kind of gap before you dare to pit because if you didn't you'd come out in traffic and then be stuck unable to pass etc. So yes, I can see your point, but I can also see why they wanted as few stops as possible.

Oh, please! "Sorry, but I have a life!" it's, like, the oldest excuse in the book!

Wait...eusa_think.gif

What's a life? Where can I get one please? ;)

What's a life? Where can I get one please? wink.png

Sadly, there are none to be found on the internet or TV!

I used to have one, then I found a wife and the net. So now I no longer have to think for myself. All my domestic queries are handled by the better-half, and all my hobbies are trashed and dismantled by web forums.

Perhaps in the near future, GP cars will be automated drones whose performance is governed solely by the strength of a twitter trend #WeEvenTalkAboutPerezCozWeHaveNoLife

It's on sale, at 5 million apiece though

Okay, so now I need to win the lottery to get a life by the sound of it :rolleyes:

Sadly, there are none to be found on the internet or TV!

I used to have one, then I found a wife and the net. So now I no longer have to think for myself. All my domestic queries are handled by the better-half, and all my hobbies are trashed and dismantled by web forums.

Perhaps in the near future, GP cars will be automated drones whose performance is governed solely by the strength of a twitter trend #WeEvenTalkAboutPerezCozWeHaveNoLife

I used to be married too, when you're married to someone like I was, trust me when I tell you this, divorce is a wonderful thing ;)

Amazon do them (batteries not included) and the deluxe one comes with real hair! ohmy.pngbiggrin.png

Yeah, regretfuly, the deluxe version was not available in other countries :meh:

I promise I will post a drink fuelled, heart felt and passionate, Brad loving type thing real soon.

Okay, so now I need to win the lottery to get a life by the sound of it rolleyes.gif

Yeah, that how difficult it really is

I promise I will post a drink fuelled, heart felt and passionate, Brad loving type thing real soon.

can't wait, I've gots lots of lovely stuff in my trinket bag to give too!laugh.png