Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Sergio Perez - Hero Or Villain ?

I promise I will post a drink fuelled, heart felt and passionate, Brad loving type thing real soon.

Nah, a semen joke would be just right.

[url="http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/453104/Processions_or_races_why_Sergio_Perez_should_keep_it_up/"]http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/453104/Processions_or_races_why_Sergio_Perez_should_keep_it_up/[/url]

I endorse this message

So do I. That is exactly what I've been saying from the start. But hey, i suspect that many forumites will call this reporter an idiot.

Thanks for sharing this great article,

I haven't read it, but most F1 reporters are idiots. Only guys like Nigel Roebuck, James Alan, and a few other select journo's should ever be treated as telling the gospel.

I don't care what was written in that article, because, whilst a clumsy attempt, I had no problem with him having a go.

Amazon do them (batteries not included) and the deluxe one comes with real hair! ohmy.pngbiggrin.png

I looked on amazon, seems they must be out of stock, :( As for the real hair, I have plenty of my own thanks :)

I agree, you want to see drivers trying to make moves, of course you do, we all want to see a thrilling race. However, there are brave moves and there are others which you can see from a mile away aren't going to work and will end up causing a crash. I still say the move on Kimi looked wrong from the start and Perez got nothing more than he should have expected when he tried it.

I have nothing against him as a driver, I truly don't, but if he causes accidents by being reckless he will end up making himself look really stupid. I know, it takes two to have an accident but bullying people into making them leap out of your way isn't the way to make a pass in my opinion and that was what he seemed to be doing in Monaco. Kimi didn't give in like the others, hence their coming together.

I looked on amazon, seems they must be out of stock, sad.png As for the real hair, I have plenty of my own thanks smile.png

Braggart. :meh:

I don't agree with that article. I think it's part of the overreaction that always happens in these cases. Some people thinks Perez was too harshly bashed for his actions so, to compensate, they go the other way and almost salute him as the savior of F1 racing.

Well...no.

He did some good moves, was unbelievably clumsy in some others and, in the end, merely provided some modest fun and a good dose of frustration in an otherwise ordinary Monaco race. But he was more like that joke that made you laugh histerically for 5 minutes. As much as it made you laugh, you would not say that it was the joke that brought happiness into your life again.

When applauding Perez for bringing excitement and overtakes to Monaco, it's good to keep in mind that he managed to pull of exactly one pass during the race,the brilliant move on Button. All other times he tried the move did not end with an overtake. Drivers who completed more overtakes than Perez are Kimi with five passes and Sutil, Di Resta, Button and Esteban Gutierrez, each with two overtakes.More importantly, all clean moves with no controversy associated with them.

I have previously asserted that some of Perez's overtaking moves are ill advised, not least the one on Kimi.

However, the stewards have not penalised him with a grid penalty for Canada. If that isn't enough evidence that it's a racing incident and nothing else, then I don't know what else is needed to convince many here that there isn't enough to say that one party is totally responsible for the incident.

One of the reasons why i keep bringing it up is that I don't see people here calling Hulkenberg an idiot for his move on Lewis in Interlagos last year. Just that Perez is in the so-called "idiot spotlight" just because he got his gloves off against Kimi, (who seems to be some sort of golden calf in many forae) The disconnect between the treatment of the two cases is quite telling.

I don't mind people being strident, but also please be consistent if you put yourself in that particular spotlight.

I say again, it's quite apparent that the FIA sees nothing wrong with Perez's conduct. As far as I know, he wasn't even called to see the stewards. Contrast this with Grosjean's situation. The FIA and race stewards have better tools at their disposal to adjudicate these situations and they chose to act as they did.

If it's a racing incident then it should be kosher, and move on to the next race shouldn't we?

I have previously asserted that some of Perez's overtaking moves are ill advised, not least the one on Kimi.

However, the stewards have not penalised him with a grid penalty for Canada. If that isn't enough evidence that it's a racing incident and nothing else, then I don't know what else is needed to convince many here that there isn't enough to say that one party is totally responsible for the incident.

One of the reasons why i keep bringing it up is that I don't see people here calling Hulkenberg an idiot for his move on Lewis in Interlagos last year. Just that Perez is in the so-called "idiot spotlight" just because he got his gloves off against Kimi, (who seems to be some sort of golden calf in many forae) The disconnect between the treatment of the two cases is quite telling.

I don't think criticism against Perez has anything to do with Kimi, but with the fact that he pulled his idiotic move over and over again, and it was almost guaranteed to end the way it did. His moves may be within the rules, but that doesn't make them any less idiotic. He out-braked himself and drove off-track at least twice (first attempt on Button and first attempt on Kimi), forced competitor off-track in order to avoid a collision, and caused a collision, all due to the same move. That is idiotic.

Clearly, between Grosjean and Perez, there is no doubt who is the bigger idiot. Everyone agrees Grosjean is in the league of his own in that regard. It's still idiotic of Perez to try to bully others with the move that more often than not (four times out of five attempts) lead to cars going off-track either to avoid collisions or due to completely out-braking oneself. That is my problem with him.

I asked around today at work to know what peole think of perez in general and One thing is for sure: unlike the majority of our forumites, Perez is already very well regarded here. The last three races have been enough to create a sensation, not only with the large quebec Mexican community (they already liked him of course after his performance last year in montreal) but also with many French speaking Quebecers (the English part of Canada is not into F1, they are in general more into NASCAR).

I was surprised that most people at work did not think, like me, that he was in fault in the kimi incident, but that the situation was a race incident, as the shadow described above. I'm going to

Have to look at it again.

I don't mind people being strident, but also please be consistent if you put yourself in that particular spotlight.

I say again, it's quite apparent that the FIA sees nothing wrong with Perez's conduct. As far as I know, he wasn't even called to see the stewards. Contrast this with Grosjean's situation. The FIA and race stewards have better tools at their disposal to adjudicate these situations and they chose to act as they did.

If it's a racing incident then it should be kosher, and move on to the next race shouldn't we?

The point being Hulkenberg made one questionable move, you can call that an error of judgement or a mistake, we all make them. Perez has made several questionable moves one after another as far as I'm concerned. You're right, the thing with Kimi was seen as a racing incident, either one of them could have acted in a different way to ensure they didn't come together, however, in my opinion Perez should have had more sense than to make the attempt in the first place. I hope he doesn't keep making moves like it, I hope he'll 'settle down' for want of a better term and learn not to be quite so rash.

You're right Grosjean is more of a worry, he's had crash after crash and still keeps on having them. The stewards are rightly on his case but if Perez carries on this way (much like Maldonado last year) they'll soon be turning their attention on him I would think.

Bah, baldness is what separates us from the apes! tongue.png

Are you suggesting because I have a lot of hair I look like an ape? errrrrr.gifharhar.gif

I asked around today at work to know what peole think of perez in general and One thing is for sure: unlike the majority of our forumites, Perez is already very well regarded here. The last three races have been enough to create a sensation, not only with the large quebec Mexican community (they already liked him of course after his performance last year in montreal) but also with many French speaking Quebecers (the English part of Canada is not into F1, they are in general more into NASCAR).

I was surprised that most people at work did not think, like me, that he was in fault in the kimi incident, but that the situation was a race incident, as the shadow described above. I'm going to

Have to look at it again.

Jean-Pierre, I have nothing against Perez as a person, I even think he's a pretty good driver and I was pleased when McLaren signed him up and gave him a chance, but he's just made some moves in the last few races that I see as questionable and ill advised. It's nothing personal against him.

Jean-Pierre, I have nothing against Perez as a person, I even think he's a pretty good driver and I was pleased when McLaren signed him up and gave him a chance, but he's just made some moves in the last few races that I see as questionable and ill advised. It's nothing personal against him.

well, I think it was pretty obvious to me that he was pretty standard, he got good results by doing less stops in a car gentle on it's tyres. I stated that Mclaren made the driver choice in too much of a hurry with the sponsor swinging it his way...

His overtake that ended both his and Hamilton's race last year reeked of the same bad judgment he displayed at Monaco

Angellica, I respect your analysis. I guess people do not agree on weather his moves were too risky or not. Perez will not change his ways, and if you are right saying that his driving is too risky, it is going to catch up to him and he will cause accidents and be replaced. On the other hand, if he goes on pulling these moves and finishing ahead of Button in the process a the end of the year, I guess people will have to acknowledge his qualities.

On the other hand, if he goes on pulling these moves and finishing ahead of Button in the process a the end of the year, I guess people will have to acknowledge his qualities.

If he consistently do it yes, even I will acknowledge it, but if it is an inherent problem then it will be really difficult for him to change.....

If he consistently do it yes, even I will acknowledge it, but if it is an inherent problem then it will be really difficult for him to change.....

The thing is, for many there is not any problem with Perez! This is very interesting because the points of view on him are so polarised. We'll have to wait and see as races go by what kind of results he can acheive.

And I am amazed such polarized views arised from a guy that's exciting as a Volvo factsheet.

All he did was make a great overtake on Jenson at Monaco. Not quite as notable as Panis win there, and look how much it did for the undeying fame of Olivier.

And I am amazed such polarized views arised from a guy that's exciting as a Volvo factsheet.

All he did was make a great overtake on Jenson at Monaco. Not quite as notable as Panis win there, and look how much it did for the undeying fame of Olivier.

How about his moves on Fernando and Kimi (I know our opinions differ on these two), not to mention his little feud with Button three aces ago and out racing Button with one pit stop less two races ago and staying behind following team order despite the fact that he was much faster then Button (which is the best measure since they are in the same car)? Are we watching the same races? Or may be you have too much of the good stuffbeer.gif

How about his moves on Fernando and Kimi (I know our opinions differ on these two), not to mention his little feud with Button three aces ago and out racing Button with one pit stop less two races ago and staying behind following team order despite the fact that he was much faster then Button (which is the best measure since they are in the same car)? Are we watching the same races? Or may be you have too much of the good stuffbeer.gif

Let's see:

A good halfway move on Nando, and a collision with Kimi? Not exactly the CV of a racing legend, mind you.

He also managed to have a few battles with Jenson (a driver I consider barely above average, and not at his peak).

If that is enough for you to salute him as the new Senna, then definitely share some of your good stuff,.

And that sounded kind of dirty. Nevermind.

How about his moves on Fernando and Kimi (I know our opinions differ on these two)

Given that his plan was to pass both drivers, and it didn't work out in either case, all that is left from those moves is:

- Forcing competitor off-track to avoid collision

- Cutting the chicane for completely missing braking point, and at the same time forcing competitor off-track to avoid collision

- Collide with competitor.

Not a very good record, IMO. He had one good move in the race, the second attempt on Button. All the rest were nothing to be proud of. The other Mexican in the race was much more successful!

Let's see:

A good halfway move on Nando, and a collision with Kimi? Not exactly the CV of a racing legend, mind you.

He also managed to have a few battles with Jenson (a driver I consider barely above average, and not at his peak).

If that is enough for you to salute him as the new Senna, then definitely share some of your good stuff,.

And that sounded kind of dirty. Nevermind.

It was not dirty I assure you. Sorry if it sounded dirty. I'm here to have fun and I would never be such a looser as to insult a person over an F1 opinion.

I like what I saw in Monaco and in the two previous races. IMHO he has got a great racing alltitude and superior habilities, but hey, I could be wrong and we'll see at the end of the year where he stands.