Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Sergio Perez - Hero Or Villain ?

People seem to have forgotten all the good things Button did in several bad BAR's earlier in his career! I'm not in complete denial though, he's only brilliant when he has the setup sweet-spot and he does seem to be on the radio a lot complaining of things not being right.

At monaco I think perez went too far. It'll be interesting to see the rest of his season but I genuinely think Button's points gap over him will just keep getting bigger

but I genuinely think Button's points gap over him will just keep getting bigger

Too bad you're not from around here, cauz I would bet a beer or two on that!

Too bad you're not from around here, cauz I would bet a beer or two on that!

You can send them beers via courier cheers.gif

The problem with discussing all these drivers like Pérez, Grosjean, or whomever, is that we have this weird assumption that there's an endless supply of people who could replace them and do a better job.

In my opinion, there isn't.

Give them time and enjoy the exciting moments. I think we set our expectations too high during that time period in which Hamilton, Vettel, and Kubica all debuted, making instant impressions. Somewhere in that, we figured that must be how all young drivers take to F1. That's just not the case. We aren't used to waiting for drivers to learn because the last crop of learners took no time at all.

The only other thing I would offer is that GP2 really owes it to the racing community to figure out what its driving standards are. I've caught some of the races this year, and it seems to me that there's always some kind of controversy (none of which is helped by Will Buxton, who freaks out any time anyone goes wide and demands an investigation, only to be soothed by Jérôme d'Ambrosio).

Yeah your right,there isn't much on the board to choose from,but kobayashi IMO would do better than grosjean or Perez, I thought kobayashi did a better job than Perez last year anyway,Perez got a 3 podiums to kobayashis one but Perez had a bit more luck. What a place for kobayashi to score his first podium,at home, felt so good to hear the crowd chanting his name.

Luck? I don't beleive in luck, just making things happen by pushing while other lift their foot.

People seem to have forgotten all the good things Button did in several bad BAR's earlier in his career! I'm not in complete denial though, he's only brilliant when he has the setup sweet-spot and he does seem to be on the radio a lot complaining of things not being right.

At monaco I think perez went too far. It'll be interesting to see the rest of his season but I genuinely think Button's points gap over him will just keep getting bigger

I like Jenson I really do, but he does need to have all his ducks in a line before he gets a good result it seems. I mean look at the huge advantage he had at Brawn when he won his title and towards the end of the season he almost blew even that great chance. I tend to think he over thinks things and put himself at a disadvantage at times. He is turning into a moaner on the radio lately as well which is a shame but on his day he's hard to beat.

I like Jenson I really do, but he does need to have all his ducks in a line before he gets a good result it seems. I mean look at the huge advantage he had at Brawn when he won his title and towards the end of the season he almost blew even that great chance. I tend to think he over thinks things and put himself at a disadvantage at times. He is turning into a moaner on the radio lately as well which is a shame but on his day he's hard to beat.

Yes, Button is great if his car is and that's exactly why he is struggling now which makes him not so special. He also seemed to have issues whenever challenged by others. Maybe he should switch to Dragsters so he can try and go as fast as he can without worrying about others who's trying to race him in the same tracks YaY.gif

Iam not to sure about that either,I think Perez has shookin him a bit, he has had it so polite with Lewis for the last few years and now this young kid with fire in his belly has put him on the back foot and I think it's affecting him tbh, sure he drags that cactus Mclaren by the scruff to get in the points but so is Perez. But at the same time Perez has to much confidence in his own ability ATM that's whats causing him to make such rash manoeuvres, but he is still impressive to say the least, just needs to be a bit more patient.

But Rubens Barrichello, a more than solid driver himself, was also driving a Brawn. Where are all his 2009 race wins and pole positions? But yes there are too many excuses. Even his book about the 2009 season is full of all the details of what went wrong in various qualifying sessions and races that caused him to falter in the second half of the season!

That's because the team was centred round button. Rubens was furious of this quite a few times. But at the mind point of the season said if it doesn't change he will go back to brazil and never come back. After a talk with brawn they guranteed equal play from then on out. Jenson didn't beat him after that. For the remainder of the season Rubens had the better of button IMO.

In the last 8 races of 2009, ie the second half, the ginger whinger finished ahead of Rubinho 5 times.

Perez has calmed down a lot the last few races no daring passes that have upset people it seems. Maybe it was a phase, a way of proving himself to his new team or else the team have told him not to do it anymore.

Button is ahead of Perez.

Next.

Was, but not so much now, like angelica said, Perez has calmed down a bit and is showing some good form, catching button, in terms on more consistant speed.

Perez has not calm down, the races context just do not allow him to pull the same passes, but he will make the passes when the situation arise. Button is a top five driver and Perez is often matching him pace wise, which in itself shows how much talented he is. He will be there next year, with Button. Unless Button goes to Ferrari (I can see him replacing Massa to push Fernando a little bit harder).

Button is often on the better strategy than Pérez, but he's also earned that by virtue of being more proven and more able to finish the deal than Pérez has shown yet. Pérez did lose a lot with the Silverstone blow-out, being on-pace for points, and Pérez beat Button in a race in which neither finished in the points, thus making that beating appear equal in the points table.

But Button is, indeed, still ahead.

For now. Pérez has the potential to make that change. Whether or not he will, I don't know. I sort of hope so, just because Button's radio transmissions are too fun when it happens. :)

it is aloso possible that JB shows better form because Perez had the better of him for a few races. I think Perez is pushing Button, which is good, and Button has been more vocal about the car, putting in turn pressure on the team, who wants to keep him i'm sure.

it is aloso possible that JB shows better form because Perez had the better of him for a few races. I think Perez is pushing Button, which is good, and Button has been more vocal about the car, putting in turn pressure on the team, who wants to keep him i'm sure.

Agree

You can send them beers via courier cheers.gif

Ok Jem and Radical,let's take that bet! You know that without his first slow pit stop Perez would have finished in front of jenson today. So lets bet a couple of beer or cider cans that jenson will only modestly or not at all ncrease his lead over Perez from the next race on. Let say no more than 20 points until end of season. What do you think?