Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

Grand Prix Du Canada

Raikkonen and Ricciardo get 2 grid place penalties for failing to correctly queue in the pitlane (at the end of the red flag period). However, both only lose on place, as explained here: http://www.f1fanatic...comment-1275198

What the hell is wrong with the flippin stewards, I remember Alonso lining up to Schumacher like that few years ago and actually getting ahead!

Good quali for my boy. Clearly the Red Bull liked the cooler and damp conditions, that's good because they just said it's going to be similar today and there is a chance of showers, makes me happy :)

Massa crashed again, what is wrong with him. I like how he took it out on the steering wheel like it was it's fault and not his :rolleyes:

I heard the team tell Button two minutes when it said 1:59 and I was surprised as well, clearly they should have been more accurate. Would he have made it if he'd known he had a second less? I'm not sure.

Should be a good race I hope, I think Alonso is optimistic to say he can win from 6th but if anyone can do it, then you'd have to say it's him. I'm still not sure he can. Bottas did well didn't he? I'd like to think that's the start of a resurgance for Williams but more than likely it's not sadly. Still, a great effort you have to say, in the race will be able to keep up or will he become a moving chicane for those behind him? If he does then Vettel and Hamilton won't mind I'm sure.

Should be a good race I hope, I think Alonso is optimistic to say he can win from 6th but if anyone can do it, then you'd have to say it's him. I'm still not sure he can. Bottas did well didn't he? I'd like to think that's the start of a resurgance for Williams but more than likely it's not sadly. Still, a great effort you have to say, in the race will be able to keep up or will he become a moving chicane for those behind him? If he does then Vettel and Hamilton won't mind I'm sure.

This track accomodates good overtaking especially with the DRS ziones, let's hope it stays cooler conditions and maybe then he can hold them up

1-second? Puh-lease... shakehead.gif

(where's the "rolls eyes" icon when you need it?)

Don't worry man, you got Checo driving for your fav team!!snigger.gif

You enjoy dealing blows below the belt huh? :P

If Nando cannot win it, I hope for a Lewis win. If anybody can make the fight up there thrilling that's Lewis. For that he needs cold/mixed conditions, in which case I also expect a strong fightback from the Maccas. Perhaps not enough for a win, but interesting. And this should be the definitive proof on which one is in better form as a wet Montreal should be the ideal scenario for Button. If he can't give a stronger performance than Checo, then he is in trouble.

As understandable as the penalty was, I also recall other instances of double lines in the past (the most obvious being in 2008 with Kubica and Kimi) Is that a new regulation?

As for Bottas, rainy day in these kind of tracks are the perfect days for some guy at the back to surprise everybody. If it had been in a dry Silverstone I would have been more impressed. It was a great effort, no doubt, but without more good performances it will be a mere one off.

ok, so this is why this idiot hates Kimi, always wondered why..

"Some have even compared Perez to the legend Gilles Villeneuve, but the exciting Canadian’s son Jacques – the 1997 world champion – does not agree.

“It’s true about the aggression,” Villeneuve told Spain’s AS newspaper, “but my father was cleaner, and had more respect.”

However, Villeneuve thinks it is Raikkonen who should have been punished for the Monaco accident.

“He clearly closed the door because he knew what was going to happen (be overtaken),” said the French-Canadian.

“But of course everyone likes him (Raikkonen), everything is ok,” Villeneuve added.

“He says something and everyone in the press room laughs, even if it’s bad. I don’t understand that.”"

I would like to McLaren loose to Force India this year, you know, to show to keep ("When tech goes bad" in F1 racing May 2013) to show that teams in F1 can change in a season.

This track accomodates good overtaking especially with the DRS ziones, let's hope it stays cooler conditions and maybe then he can hold them up

True but they don't allow DRS for the first couple of laps and even then only when it's dry, if it's wet it doesn't happen. I am sure they will get by him, it's just how long it takes is all I'm saying. Every lap he's there allows those ahead of him to build a lead is all I'm saying.

ok, so this is why this idiot hates Kimi, always wondered why..

"Some have even compared Perez to the legend Gilles Villeneuve, but the exciting Canadian’s son Jacques – the 1997 world champion – does not agree.

“It’s true about the aggression,” Villeneuve told Spain’s AS newspaper, “but my father was cleaner, and had more respect.”

However, Villeneuve thinks it is Raikkonen who should have been punished for the Monaco accident.

“He clearly closed the door because he knew what was going to happen (be overtaken),” said the French-Canadian.

“But of course everyone likes him (Raikkonen), everything is ok,” Villeneuve added.

“He says something and everyone in the press room laughs, even if it’s bad. I don’t understand that.”"

I seriously don't know why Jacques comes out with these things. I've heard his opinion on Vettel too and I don't agree with him on that either. Maybe the cold air to his bald head is making him not think straight lately, or maybe it's just me, because I used to agree with him, not anymore though :(

I seriously don't know why Jacques comes out with these things. I've heard his opinion on Vettel too and I don't agree with him on that either. Maybe the cold air to his bald head is making him not think straight lately, or maybe it's just me, because I used to agree with him, not anymore though sad.png

laugh.png

You can always count on a pole to win race from Seb to make even Montreal boring! (Sour grapes moi? :D)

Luckily, things behind the winner were as great as usual. Great races from JEV and PDR, hope that Bottas enjoyed it while it lasted. Great race from Maldonado, who only caused a single colision!

Of course, the best was the battle between my boy and Lewis. Epic. And, in all fairness, it happened mostly thanks to Hamilton who outperformed his car.

Mark keeps sucking, he is nowhere close to the finger boy and will bever be. Shame, considering how much I like Mark and how much I don't like Seb.

Just watched the podium. Nice...cheese grater they got there! :unsure:

Why is it that Lewis looks so glum? It was his best race this year, IMHO. Anyways, there was a very friendly atmosphere on the poidum and he seemed to lighten up afterwards.

A great podium. Montreal is an unforgiving race. The best of the best rose up to the challenge.

The big absent was of course Kimi, but I think that the car didn't help this time.

Loved it. Great fun. F1 cars on the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve just looks right to me.

Hamilton/Alonso was excellent. Massa and Sutil had a lot of fun. I was happy to see Vergne continue to perform well, and di Resta and Force India really made the one-stopper work flawlessly.

For a race that was outright dominated (well, he did make two little gaffes), it sure was fun to watch. Not as much strategy as I expected; Massa and Rosberg tried something a little different, and it flopped, while di Resta had his great one.

Anyway, I am satisfied after that one. It was fun to watch. DRS surprised me. The track is so demanding that you really can't just get a "free pass" on the DRS here. The car without DRS always seemed to hold with the car attempting to overtake, and it created battles. That's what I love about this place; it is set up for the pass/re-pass/battle scenarios and not so much a simple zoom right by.

Just for clarity: what was the deal with Alonso passing the Sauber? Was that a track conditions light flashing? There seemed to be no reason for a local yellow, and the graphic at the top (lap counter) was black, not yellow. Someone needs to teach these rules to me (and the U.S. commentators) before we lose our minds. :P

Another question: what on Earth was that radio message to Alonso about a "safety car window?" The UniMás commentator Joaquin Duro was so worked up over that he started speaking English, shouting "WHAT?!" :lol:

I think we had by far the biggest gaps between drivers this season, only five or so drivers finishing on the same lap as the leader. Vettel was quite untouchable. Alonso drove great, but I'd like to hear too what was the deal with him passing Gutierrez (I think) and the yellow light. Was this mentioned elsewhere besides the NBC coverage? Di Resta really made those tires work for him, stand out drive of the day next to Vettel and Alonso.

Lotus seemed rubbish, I hope they are not starting to fall behind. Too bad for Bottas, he had no chance in the dry.

Thats exactly whats happening...pity

It might still be just a one off, apparently Kimi was having issues with brakes and fuel consumption, which may have slowed him down quite a bit today. Would be great to have a three-way (or even four-way, if Lewis finds speed) battle for the WDC. Today's result was about as bad as it can get for Kimi.

Why is it that Lewis looks so glum? It was his best race this year, IMHO. Anyways, there was a very friendly atmosphere on the poidum and he seemed to lighten up afterwards.

"Friendly"? Funny, and there I was thinking I could hear booing...

Any race where the crowd boos for the winner automatically sucks in my opinion, whether it is Italy, Canada, or elsewhere. tongue.png

(I'm joking of course, before someone thinks I'm being serious. But it was poor sportsmanship really.)

Another question: what on Earth was that radio message to Alonso about a "safety car window?" The UniMás commentator Joaquin Duro was so worked up over that he started speaking English, shouting "WHAT?!" laugh.png

It was to say that if the safety car was deployed at that precise moment in the race, they'd pit.

"Friendly"? Funny, and there I was thinking I could hear booing...

Any race where the crowd boos for the winner automatically sucks in my opinion, whether it is Italy, Canada, or elsewhere. tongue.png

(I'm joking of course, before someone thinks I'm being serious. But it was poor sportsmanship really.)

I have no idea what was the booing all about and I missed it because I switched channels just after the champagne and when I switched back there was no booing.

Anyways, I was refering at the atmosphere between the drivers. The three seemed unusually friendly with each other (well, Lewis is usually like that on the podiums).

Boring!

Perez in front of button again.

Incredible vergne. He might replace webber IMO

Im impressed with Force India.

Three weeks to wait for the next GP, boooo