Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

Formula E

Formula E isn't F1 and vice versa. Apples and Bananas. From Sound, Engine, Tires, Aerodynamics, Strategy and everything.

F E isn't a replacement to F1 and same goes to F1.

Race lovers will like to watch them both. Both offers a different type of racing.

Formula E isn't F1 and vice versa. Apples and Bananas. From Sound, Engine, Tires, Aerodynamics, Strategy and everything.

F E isn't a replacement to F1 and same goes to F1.

Race lovers will like to watch them both. Both offers a different type of racing.

This.

I don't think anyone thinks FE is a replacement for F1. I was discussing why FE seems slow and reasons why it may or may not appeal to F1 followers.

Maybe once in a while you could resist trying to correct other posters and say something that adds something positive.

The question I want answered, is formula e going to be a stepping stone to formula one? Another avenue to get to f1. Sad to see heidfeld loose out in the win, he couldn't win an f1 race, and narrowly took the formula e race, he must be going "ahhhh whats it take to win in anything" lol

The question I want answered, is formula e going to be a stepping stone to formula one?

I doubt so. Formula E not only does not share many things with F1, it seems to be conceived to be in a totally different "universe" from that of Formula 1/GP2/GP3, etc.

It seems like a good refuge for drivers that are not bad, but have no place in F1/got replaced by some promising spermatozoid.

So...good news for Jenson and Vergne! :P

Lol I read verge said he could do the same job as ricciardo if given the opportunity. He did while Dan was at toro rosso, and he couldn't do what he is claiming now.

I don't think anyone thinks FE is a replacement for F1. I was discussing why FE seems slow and reasons why it may or may not appeal to F1 followers.

Maybe once in a while you could resist trying to correct other posters and say something that adds something positive.

oops did I press the wrong button ? Sorry...

What channel was it on, Jem? I couldn't remember.

It's on ITV4. They devoted about 3 hours to it! Which seems like a good thing, but their presenter is dull (and said 'ooh the last time we had a Prost on pole was Japan 1963'), the 2 pundits are some GP3 driver I've never heard of, and an Audi Sport engineer.

The question I want answered, is formula e going to be a stepping stone to formula one?

I think it's more of a part-time hobby for these guys. There's only 10 races, & Heidfeld/Prost are team-mates in another series!

So it's not just me who feels that vibe then?

Sorry what vibe is that?

Dw, anyway I was quite impressed from what I saw. I see why they have to run on street circuits, they look to slow on a proper race track. Still have to get used to those tyres that look like there of my station wagon.

Good thing you cannot see much of the tyres with those wheel covers.

Edit: I watched it and it was OK. On Speed HD we got some goose as lead commentator but Dario Franchitti supporting and he was great.

By the way, Prost Jr. should not get away with that.

I fell the need. The need for...Scott Speed!

And Liuzzi! Yay! First time in a Formula E car and he already was 2s faster than his teammate, Jarno "The lightning poodle" Trulli.

Love this Formula E so far. Miami E-Prix in a few minutes. Chaotic, like everything about this series. What's not to like. Yeah, the track was not finished by race day, and they have to scrun one practice session and had a frantic qualy, but hey, that's what happens when motorsport goes to these godforsaken "exotic" countries...

Whitmarsh has to go!

This should have been the most boring race so far, but it still had plenty of drama. I swear they do it on purpose. Former-F1-driver JEV was dominating the first half, followed by Never-Got-Into-F1 driver Sam Bird. After the pitstops it was all about the Abt team. Both disappeared after the pitstops and JEV didn't even finish. Ricciardo he ain't!

Doesn't-Even-Know-What-F1-Is driver Daniel Abt seemed poised for the win, closely followed by Son-Of-Former-F1-Driver driver Nicholas Prost.

Making a surprise appearance from the midfield to the top was Former-Franz-Tost's-Neck-Grabber-In-F1 driver Scott Speed, completely outshining my personal favorite Former-Scott-Speed-Teammate-In-F1 driver, Signore Vitantonio Liuzzi.

Poor Liuzzi, who was hired by the team owner and Former-F1-Driver Jarno Trulli just a day ago, after Watched-F1-Once driver Michaela Cerruti left the team in a hurry. Jarno, a professional through and trhough, decided to hire a replacement after an exhaustive evaluation of the best prospects using the latest technology, that is, he posted a facebook message saying "Hey! Any driver-a want-a race-a il mio carro? Must be available to arrive-a to the track in less than two hours, capsice?"

Luckily for him, Vitantonio was in Miami on holidays (100% true) and they got a happy ending, finishing in the back of the field as if it were old times.

Other Former-F1-drivers included: Charles Pic (nobody noticed), Bruno Senna (still trying to rebuke his uncle's famous remark, didn't make it to the finish line), Nelsinho Piquet Jr (who not just got the fastest lap point but also discovered that not crashing might be a good strategy and is considering it for the future), Nick Heidfeld (master at ruining his own races with penalties, didn't disappoint), Buemi (I think he did ok, or perhaps not, I forgot), Di Grassi (good race, the championship leader!), Alguersuari , D'Ambrosio (good race, too), Chandhok (last, or thereabouts)...

Anyways, a slown burner with a thrilling final when, on the last laps, Abt who was first was overtaken by Prost with Speed in close pursuit. Things got dramatic on the very last lap, when Prost touched the wall hard with his rear tire and Scott Speed almost clinches it.

Man. I love these series!

Yeah I like it also. People are trying to compare it to formula one as say its crap but that's where the problem is. You don't compare it to formula one because its no where near it, just watch it for what it is and nothing else, it's a very good series and the racing is quite good to watch.