Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rwgordon

Red Bull Are Using Banned Traction Control? What Do You Think Of The Rumors...

Looking at that pic as evidence, if it is to be seen as evidence then why has it only occurred on that corner and on that particular lap? Still not heard a thing about this from any respectable news/sport websites - so I will continue to assume its poo-poo!!

I can't believe that something so scandalous would go unnoticed when there's so much drama this year with protests over drivers wearing their collars up or down, or blinking too many times during a GP weekend

No team is going to blow the whistle if the whistle is being held by bloody hands.

They're all cheating. You take away Red Bull's liberty to get through tech inspection (sorry for the Americanism there, not sure what they call it in the F1 world) with a few "clever" things, and suddenly, you're taking away your own. You have to be careful what you call out.

Of course, it's also possible that no one in the paddock believes it to be traction control, and it's simply one tabloid trying to stir things up.

Bumpy track - there are other similar tyre marks to the left of Webbers car, albeit a bit fainter.

The reason Marks are darker is that he let rip from zero speed (or nearer to it than what you normally would)

Case closed, your honour.

Bumpy track - there are other similar tyre marks to the left of Webbers car, albeit a bit fainter.

The reason Marks are darker is that he let rip from zero speed (or nearer to it than what you normally would)

Case closed, your honour.

You convinced me.

I just pulled it of the net, sorry if its not up to your high expectations lol

Yeah, I mean everyone can see that the waves were added... :)

Classic lol,well said

sein5b.gif

I think the rumour is true. Vettel is not that good and the car was too strong in Canada compared to other top cars.

Are you watching the same racing I am? Clearly not if you can make a statement like that. You don't get to be a triple world champion by not being that good.

To underestimate Vettel is a mistake. Alonso and Hamilton probably did it to try and play mind games, or if they genuinely did underestimate him in the past, they've realised the error by now. Their fans should take note.

I think the rumour is true. Vettel is not that good and the car was too strong in Canada compared to other top cars.

"Sebastian Vettel is also a major asset. Anyone who thinks he is not the real deal and only successful because he has the best car is missing the point. Vettel is part of a big team of people and his feedback has allowed Newey to focus on the development direction required to continually move forward. What impresses me most is that Vettel seems to come back each year mentally stronger than the previous season."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22881935

biggrin.png I was just musing on the prospect of bacon that delivers itself by air....

lol, did'nt think of it....I was more interested with the wings to body "attachment", those pixels just does'nt line up properly

"Sebastian Vettel is also a major asset. Anyone who thinks he is not the real deal and only successful because he has the best car is missing the point. Vettel is part of a big team of people and his feedback has allowed Newey to focus on the development direction required to continually move forward. What impresses me most is that Vettel seems to come back each year mentally stronger than the previous season."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/22881935

Agreed. I think at the end of the day, no matter how many race wins, fastest laps, WDC, and and team championships Vettel achieves, it will always be... but oh he's driving an Andrian Newey car, so he's not a very good driver. Well go get your wiki on and look at all the drivers who have raced his cars. How about one certain Mr Grouch Webber. How do his stats stack up against Vettels? Hmmm?

Prost, Senna, Mansell, Hill, JV, Schumacher, Hakkinen, all won in possibly the better car during their years racing. Heck even Eddie Irvine got in with a chance to win a WDC. The car certainly does make a difference, but you still have to keep the car on the track, not hit anyone, not get hit, and finish higher than the other guys.

Vettel is a champion. And despite me dearly wanting Kimi to win this year, I have no problems with Vettel is he wins it. Maybe all this talk about Hamilton and Alonso and other drivers being the best in their generation rubbish, when factually they are not, will be put to rest.

The other drivers do not underestimate Vettel at all. They only put out that idea they do, to try and rattle sabres, to attempt to destabilize competing teams. RBR isn't all about the car, it's a combination of the car + driver plus the team behind it.

It's beyond boring to keep seeing people post that Vettel is a pretender. What series are you watching? Because I have been watching F1.

Agreed. I think at the end of the day, no matter how many race wins, fastest laps, WDC, and and team championships Vettel achieves, it will always be... but oh he's driving an Andrian Newey car, so he's not a very good driver. Well go get your wiki on and look at all the drivers who have raced his cars. How about one certain Mr Grouch Webber. How do his stats stack up against Vettels? Hmmm?

Prost, Senna, Mansell, Hill, JV, Schumacher, Hakkinen, all won in possibly the better car during their years racing. Heck even Eddie Irvine got in with a chance to win a WDC. The car certainly does make a difference, but you still have to keep the car on the track, not hit anyone, not get hit, and finish higher than the other guys.

Vettel is a champion. And despite me dearly wanting Kimi to win this year, I have no problems with Vettel is he wins it. Maybe all this talk about Hamilton and Alonso and other drivers being the best in their generation rubbish, when factually they are not, will be put to rest.

The other drivers do not underestimate Vettel at all. They only put out that idea they do, to try and rattle sabres, to attempt to destabilize competing teams. RBR isn't all about the car, it's a combination of the car + driver plus the team behind it.

It's beyond boring to keep seeing people post that Vettel is a pretender. What series are you watching? Because I have been watching F1.

Ayup. What he said :)

yes, Lovely Stuff!!!

Thank you, I totally agree with what you said but didn't have time to write it all out myself as well as you did :)

No way Vettel and webber's car are the same, like Irvine/barrichello's Ferrari with Schumacher, not the same car.