Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Schumacher's Kind Heart

I always liked Michael when he was Racing and now I even respect him more.

I am a survivor of the Japan 3/11 Mega quake. Lost lots of my friends including relatives so I know how tough it is to be in a natural disaster of any kind. I respect people like Michael who has kind heart...

Michael Schumacher pledges 500,000 euros to flood fund

The 44-year-old Schumacher auctioned a signed race suit and when it reached 50,000 euros, the German Formula One legend vowed to increase the donation ten-fold.

http://www.gptoday.c..._to_flood_fund/

First off, I am sorry to know you lived through that and lost a lot of people close to you radical-one, that must have been an awful time for you and I know things are still going on there too.

As for Michael, well off track I always thought he was a nice guy, but I liked him less when he put the helmet on and made some moves which others found unacceptable. As for his generosity, you could argue he can afford to do something like that, but then so could many other people and they don't. So you have to commend him on at least trying to help where he can. Good for him!!!

First off, I am sorry to know you lived through that and lost a lot of people close to you radical-one, that must have been an awful time for you and I know things are still going on there too.

As for Michael, well off track I always thought he was a nice guy, but I liked him less when he put the helmet on and made some moves which others found unacceptable. As for his generosity, you could argue he can afford to do something like that, but then so could many other people and they don't. So you have to commend him on at least trying to help where he can. Good for him!!!

Thank you Angelica for your kind thoughts.

It was an experienced that I can never explain completely until now. Too many things happened in a span of few hours that changed this country. Until today we still experiencing after-shocks on a daily basis although a lot of them are not too noticeable or maybe we just got used to it.

And that's why people like Michael who are kind to extend a helping hand to disaster affected areas are special to me. There were many rich people from all over the world who extended their help to Japan in 2011 and to this day respect I respect them and will not forget their kindness.

And also agree with you on Schumacher's racing. There were times when he wanted to win bad and did some questionable moves. Overall though, he brought excitement to the sports.

I always liked Michael when he was Racing and now I even respect him more.

I am a survivor of the Japan 3/11 Mega quake. Lost lots of my friends including relatives so I know how tough it is to be in a natural disaster of any kind. I respect people like Michael who has kind heart...

Michael Schumacher pledges 500,000 euros to flood fund

The 44-year-old Schumacher auctioned a signed race suit and when it reached 50,000 euros, the German Formula One legend vowed to increase the donation ten-fold.

http://www.gptoday.c..._to_flood_fund/

still small change to him R-One, but nice gesture I suppose

Thank you Angelica for your kind thoughts.

It was an experienced that I can never explain completely until now. Too many things happened in a span of few hours that changed this country. Until today we still experiencing after-shocks on a daily basis although a lot of them are not too noticeable or maybe we just got used to it.

And that's why people like Michael who are kind to extend a helping hand to disaster affected areas are special to me. There were many rich people from all over the world who extended their help to Japan in 2011 and to this day respect I respect them and will not forget their kindness.

And also agree with you on Schumacher's racing. There were times when he wanted to win bad and did some questionable moves. Overall though, he brought excitement to the sports.

People say that kindness is in short supply these days, people are too selfish, but when something like what happened to you happens, or the boxing day Tsunami that was so awful, or other natural disasters, it's amazing how many people will put their hands into their pockets to help out. A lot give their time as well as money, that's just as important isn't it?

Well done Schuey. Now just a public apology to Damon Hill please yes.gif

And Jacques Villeneuve too ;)

Sorry to hear about how it impacted you, radical-one.

It is very nice when people who have the means to help do so. It may be "small" for someone with Schumacher's wealth, but that doesn't mean it is small to the people who need the help. Plenty of others with that wealth wouldn't help. Schumacher has a very, very good track record of helping. I think it only goes to show you that the race track is no place to measure character. Competition like that, the way it is in F1, just isn't how our world actually works. Everyone's morally ambiguous, but you truly can just be playing a game (F1) and not be the same way in the rest of your life. F1 and life just are not analogous, and that's why it can sometimes go too far when people insult a driver for how he/she drivers, or even how he/she acts during a race weekend. It's not a good way of evaluating people by going on those situations. These ones matter more.

And Jacques Villeneuve too wink.png

Nah, JV came out on top so no apology needed! Apology needed for Frentzen (canada 98) too.

Schuey adopted a stray dog in Sao Paulo several years ago. What a legend (in the world of dog adoption).

Nah, JV came out on top so no apology needed! Apology needed for Frentzen (canada 98) too.

Schuey adopted a stray dog in Sao Paulo several years ago. What a legend (in the world of dog adoption).

Oh please, so because Jacques didn't crash out it's okay? I think not!!

It's definitely not ok, but I think no apology needed as he was already DQ'd from the 1997 season and JV won the title. Whereas in '94 Schu was buggered and the title was Hill's for the taking, then was 'cheated' out of it.

p.s. I'm aware Hill only had a chance because of the 586 disqualifications/penalties for Schu & Benetton throughout the year!

I like him now, but never did before today.

I guess we are lucky to have you then... in a sense!

I'm sorry for you loss.

Yes, It's his gesture that counts and I respect that.

Same goes from me, I maybe irritating to some of you sometimes when I post specially when I'm being hard-headed, but rest assured, when you will need my help, I will try my best. Or when any of you visits Tokyo,Japan I'll be happy to buy you beer, Japanese SAKE or Sushi cheers.gif

Yes, It's his gesture that counts and I respect that.

Same goes from me, I maybe irritating to some of you sometimes when I post specially when I'm being hard-headed, but rest assured, when you will need my help, I will try my best. Or when any of you visits Tokyo,Japan I'll be happy to buy you beer, Japanese SAKE or Sushi cheers.gif

Iam from Queensland australia, my brother just moved to Japan. His wife is Japanese, I Beleive he is near Hiroshima.

It's definitely not ok, but I think no apology needed as he was already DQ'd from the 1997 season and JV won the title. Whereas in '94 Schu was buggered and the title was Hill's for the taking, then was 'cheated' out of it.

p.s. I'm aware Hill only had a chance because of the 586 disqualifications/penalties for Schu & Benetton throughout the year!

Yes Hill was cheated out of the title, I totally agree. I still don't see how because Jacques didn't get punted off and still won the championship means he doesn't deserve an apology, the intent was there just the same and he should apologise it.

For all the bulls##t that Schumacher pulled on the track, his actions off the track are not in dispute. His generosity amongst his teammates and mechanics is well and truly documented, as is his love of family and friends.

He was still a prick on the track through, and for me that will be his defining characteristic.

He did do something's that pushed the rules and boundaries to the absolute extreme, but you can't deny that in his day he was almost unbeatable,especially in the wet. He was a very smart driver in a sense he could deliver the strategy required to win. Hungary 1998 where he had to find 22secs in 19 laps to make a third pitstop while the other front runners were doing two, he pulled it of in one of the greatest drives I have ever seen, Suzuka 2000,Spain 1996,Monaco 1997 and Belgium 1995 are some truly fantastic drives.

Never forget he almost always had the best car by a mile (a little like Vettel so far in his career).

But this is an old argument and we won't settle it here today.

@JP true, but not all the time 96,97,98 he drove his balls of, regardless what you think of Jerez 97, when his car was under the Williams and Mclaren,he was the man to beat if someone wanted to challenge for the title. But every time I used to see him win in that red car I was always, "wonder where he would be if senna was still around" as apparently senna was suppose to join Ferrari in 96 and planed on retirement in 2000. Has anybody got any photoshopped pics of ayrton in a Ferrari? I found won ages ago but can't find it now.

He did not win the wdc in 96, 97, and 98. He did not have the best car. I admit however that he won a few very tight title races both on Benetton (1995 by one point I beleive) and Ferrari (2000 by approx. 20 points I beleive).

I know he didnt win in 96,97 and 98 I was stating how well he drove a crap Ferrari in those seasons. And in 1995 he smashed the entire field with I think 125 points to hills 69 in second. Bare in mind this is when only 10 points were awarded for a win, that year he tied what was the record at the time of most wins in a season set by Mansell in 1992 with 9 wins. It was 1994 he won by one point.

All the other champioship years, he won by a large margin, showing his car was incredibly dominant. I remember that my brother and I stopped watching F1 because the car was so dminant, we knew for sure who would win and it had become boring.