Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Redbull Threaten To Test.

After the wake of this massive drama over Mercedes and "test gate" seems rb have threaten to test themselves and would cop the three day ban at the young driver test, as they see testing a current car with current tires and drivers a bigger advantage to handing the car over to a youngster who has hardly or no input for the current car. IMO Mercedes should have been made an example of as these young kids who relish a chance to show of there skills,are missing out on a vital opportunity. This has now caused Pirelli to seriously consider leaving the sport at the end of there year and Michelin already looking keen at the spot. I understand Ferrari are also peed of, this has became a HUGE mess and IMO Mercedes needed the same penalty if not bigger than the 2007 "spygate" saga.

I don't know why Michelin would want to enter as presumably they would face many of the same issues Pirelli has. Which is the same as saying that I can completely understand it if Pirelli wants to leave. They've had a tough time and largely through no fault of their own.

I don't know either, I just read it on the gp today page, you think if anybody,Bridgestone, as they have already built these similar slicks back in 09

RBR has already denied that they have made such threat, but they also said that it just shows how little sense the punishment made.

Ohh ok, yeah absolutely,it's a joke to say they didnt get any advantage, absolutely wrong IMO.

Yes, my god of-course - why wouldn't EVERYONE test given the farce of a decision by the IT. It really tells you something when the only people who aren't too worried about the decision are the ones who were actually "punished" themselves.

That's right, merc must have got something useful out of it. They go from struggling tyre degradation in Spain to winning the next gp, they say it has nothing to do with the test,come on, why didnt merc win in Australia then? Similar street circuit layout, in its a public road everyday if the year so tyre deg would have to be quite similar.

I hope RBR does ignore the YDT and go do their own "secret" test. Since it's not officially secret now and only private whatever that means.

I'm more p**sed off about Hamilton doing that dodgy tweet and the blank helmets to be honest. It's all completly suspicious and the FIA did themselves no favours by dealing out the punishment that Merc suggested. Wait what!? Yes your Honor, for killing innocent children, and raping countless women I request a villa in Santorini and daily deliveries of croisannts. Honestly this whole things stinks and I feel the only truly non guilty party in this is Pirelli.

The sad fact is if RBR had done this, the uproar on here, in the Brittish trashpapers would have been deafening. And they would have been banned, make no question about that. It's so far beyond double standards it's a joke.

Even if RBR do this now, they will still get pinged with a way worse "penalty" that Merc and might actually face some serious sanctions.

Utterly pathetic at the end of the day. I now look forward to Merc failing as a team. They out and out cheated. It wasn't some technical invention pushing the boundaries or interpretation, that flat out went against both the FOTA agreement and the FIA rules.

The sad fact is if RBR had done this, the uproar on here, in the Brittish trashpapers would have been deafening. And they would have been banned, make no question about that. It's so far beyond double standards it's a joke.

+1

@koolmonkey, your right, I was ecpecting some sanction or loop hole that brawn found as he is quite devious in that matter. But simply put they flatout cheated and anybody who follows suit will be dealt with way more harshly.

If I were Ferrari or Red Bull i'd be adamant that I wanted a full test for Pirelli. Me thinks the FIA shot themselves in the foot here trying to make everyone happy and in the end almost no one is