Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Angellica

British Grand Prix At Silverstone

Nice podium and credit where its due, despite me usually being unimpressed by Nico, this was quite some driving from him.

Another nice friendly podium, I like those, of course Alonso being there helps. He kissed a 3rd place trophy, means how important it was.

I don't think that had anything to do with luck. Ferrari simply correctly guessed that there'd be a SC for Vettel's retirement, very good call, really. The Lotus team on the other hand... how can they be such idiots... they just don't seem to have any idea.

I thought it was a little bit premature as if he could have been able to pit later he would have been in much better form. But yes, as soon as vettel slowed down I was yelling "Pit now! Pit now! " at my TV. I don't understand why they left Kimi our, though. He was lucky not to lose more positions in the end. Big mistake from Poochie there.

Nice podium and credit where its due, despite me usually being unimpressed by Nico, this was quite some driving from him.

Another nice friendly podium, I like those, of course Alonso being there helps. He kissed a 3rd place trophy, means how important it was.

I'm a Nico Fan, but after Watching Hamiltons storming through the field towards the end compared to Nico Barely holding Webber off, on the back of Lewis fighting Alonso in Canada and Nico doing the usual "Mercedes-backwards dance" ... at times I question his testicular fortitude as compared to Hamilton ... Again, Mind you, I am a Nico Fan, I just wish he showed more cojones.

Great recovery drive in progress by my boy webber after his trademark disgusting start

I was thinking of how you'd be going nuts about your guys drive there today, the boy did good!!!

The tyres however are a joke, these are meant to be their safe tyres? Seriously? It pathetic.

As for Seb, his car dying when he'd driven so well was just cruel, but hey, it's motorsport, it happens doesn't it? Now, if ony he could win next week to make up for it ;)

Just read on Twitter, Nico Rosberg is under investigation for ignoring yellow flags, if he's found guilty he could lose the win!!! Tense wait for all concerned I imagine.

In a matter of minutes, CNBC commentator Leigh Diffey excitedly called the race "dramatic" and angrily called it "out of order."

That highlights it all, for me. With words, it would be very easy to justify enjoyment of this race. It would be equally easy to justify disgust with it.

So, I'll just go on gut feelings, and I couldn't get into this one. I felt dissatisfied, as if we were robbed of some great Hamilton versus Vettel battle that was going to unfold today. Maybe I focused too much on "what if" and lost the reality. I guess I enjoyed the action, but didn't like the causes of it (blowouts, retirements...though this is less of a bother simply because mechanical failures are part of car racing whereas a sole supplier's tires blowing up really shouldn't be, and safety cars erasing all the gaps anyone had built up...I did like the new tires versus old tires at the finish, though; strategy is fun and I was shocked some stayed out. But I'm glad they did because it made for a good finish).

F1's been excellent this year; this one just got a bit out of balance for me. I want to applaud a lot of drivers and teams for the results they got today, but at the same, I can't help but wonder who we'd be applauding without the tire issues.

I was thinking of how you'd be going nuts about your guys drive there today, the boy did good!!!

The tyres however are a joke, these are meant to be their safe tyres? Seriously? It pathetic.

As for Seb, his car dying when he'd driven so well was just cruel, but hey, it's motorsport, it happens doesn't it? Now, if ony he could win next week to make up for it ;)

Yeah was jumping out my seat with excitement,one more lap he would have had nico. Loved how the crowd cheered when vettel's car died and the cheers mark got on the podium. Easy to tell who they love the most out of the rb drivers. Feel sorry for Hamilton though IMO it was his win, alonso good drive aswell, but tr should have pitted RICCI, but Stella job, would have done no harm in getting marks seat. Since marks announcement RICCI has been out to catch a few eyes.

I'm just wondering, do we actually know that it's the case that the tyre failures are the fault of Pirelli? Or is it a circuit issue? The BBC noted a very vicious kerb and this talk of "cuts" in the tyres is unusual. None of these were purely delaminations from wear, right? I suppose all of this will come out soon enough. Whether it is a Pirelli issue, a circuit issue, or some combination of both which would ultimately boil down to a Piralli issue.

Not much to say about the race other than it was spoiled by these issues. Just for those who always complain about Webber's bad treatment: remember to note down when Vettel loses a GP win because of a failure, not just the times Webber does. When it's Webber, everybody would say "oh typical for Webber to have an issue because he's no.2". When it's Vettel it's quickly forgotten, despite the fact he's usually leading. The whole "no.2 driver has all the bad luck" theory survives this way. Just saying biggrin.png

Okay, at least I can commend Webber on a great drive today. Rosberg? Luckiest guy alive considering he reported a left rear tyre issue right before that safety car. Still not sure I find him that impressive. Well done Lotus on costing Kimi a podium, you idiots!!! Stop all the marketing crap and sort your strategy out. Alonso? He's there at the end and what else do you expect. A real shame for Massa who almost looked like having a rare on day. I doubt he could have finished ahead of Alonso but maybe top 6. Hamilton and Vettel both deserved much more.

By the way, does anyone still believe Merc got no advantage from the test they did for Pirelly? This was the first race since the test on a real racing track with fast corners, and I saw no signs of higher rate of degradation on Mercs than on any other cars, and they were clearly faster than, for example, Ferrari and Lotus which, so far this season, have had the edge on Merc during races. I found it quite funny when Rosberg was commenting how "we (Merc) are progressing all the time." It certainly is easy to develop the car when you get an extra test...

By the way, does anyone still believe Merc got no advantage from the test they did for Pirelly? This was the first race since the test on a real racing track with fast corners, and I saw no signs of higher rate of degradation on Mercs than on any other cars, and they were clearly faster than, for example, Ferrari and Lotus which, so far this season, have had the edge on Merc during races. I found it quite funny when Rosberg was commenting how "we (Merc) are progressing all the time." It certainly is easy to develop the car when you get an extra test...

Well ... Force India has upped their game in the last few races ... are we about toget some revelations regarding them as well then ? :)

I do think it's unlikely they gained no advantage, at the same time, attributing their improvement , in large part, to the illegal test ... not sure that's right

Well ... Force India has upped their game in the last few races ... are we about toget some revelations regarding them as well then ? smile.png

I do think it's unlikely they gained no advantage, at the same time, attributing their improvement , in large part, to the illegal test ... not sure that's right

Of course, maybe they genuinely improved thanks to hard work and honest effort. But who is to blame for people being skeptical?

Poor Massa, he is really in need of some TLC:

I am very pleased with my race which this time was truly impeccable. After a fantastic start and a perfect first lap, maybe one of the best of my career, I managed to drive an attacking first stint. On lap 10, when I was right in the middle of the corner at Turn 5, my left rear tyre failed and I had to pit. After this forced stop, I found myself last and from then on, I began a great charge up the order, thanks to a lot of very nice passing moves.

:lol:

He was really that good this time, so he is right in being so in love with himself. Shame the tires.

I was in mid-air from Scandinavia when the race kicked off so the highlights had to suffice. Spectacular tyre blowouts radically altered what should have been a Mercedes double header. Massa drove very well and Webber's charge was very exciting indeed. I see Jenson has a ton of money going on him at the bookies as second favourite to fill Mark's boots. Perez appears to be getting the better of him but I expect nothing less in such a shocking car. JB is one of the best drivers in F1 in a great car and Perez is an expert at wringing the neck of a bad one. The rest of the year will not be easy to take as McLaren have all but given up on the current 'dog' despite the rhetoric from Whitmarsh. I believe it is more likely that Kimi goes to RBR though Button would be the perfect Webber-type replacement. I should think he can be counted on to put in a good shift and be a good points-earner for them. Either way, Jenson will need to move. With another mid-term car due in 2014, I should think he's had enough of experiments by now.

Ooh Jenson moving to Red Bull to partner Vettel, I like the sound of that. Having said that they seem to think Raikkonen, Ricciardo and Vergne are favourites for the drive but maybe they should float Jenson as an option as well. Good thinking ;)

Jenson would be a good fit indeed. Would have thought he'd hang around for Honda, though.

He may be part of the deal for all we know but I fear unless he makes a move now he will lose the 'taste' for good. Those in the know don't feel that the Honda engine will just slide into the 2014 car and that another re-design will be necessary. This reduces a WDC to the role of test driver and his contract runs out at the end of 2014. He will be heading into his 35th year at that point. His time is now!

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/456751/Red_Bull_blew_the_whistle_on_Rosberg_at_Silverstone/

"Red Bull blew the whistle on Rosberg"

Typical from nowadays journos. Disgusting that people has this Cosa Nostra mentality in which reporting an infraction is a bigger crime that the infraction itself.

So what if they did? You find other team might have breached the rules (and indeed they did, or the reprimand would not have been issued) and you should swear secrecy forever? Because "everybody breaches the rules" right? They are all criminals, and snicthing criminals are the worst? If people thinks so then they really should join the Italian Mafia, and stop watching F1.

All teams snitch if they see a breach of the rules. Wasn't it Ferrari last year who tried to get Vettel's title removed by claiming he overtook under yellows in Brazil? He was found not to have but they clearly thought they had a chance so reported it. Any team will do that if they feel hard done by, it's human nature and part of racing.

http://www.gptoday.c...at_Silverstone/

"Red Bull blew the whistle on Rosberg"

Typical from nowadays journos. Disgusting that people has this Cosa Nostra mentality in which reporting an infraction is a bigger crime that the infraction itself.

So what if they did? You find other team might have breached the rules (and indeed they did, or the reprimand would not have been issued) and you should swear secrecy forever? Because "everybody breaches the rules" right? They are all criminals, and snicthing criminals are the worst? If people thinks so then they really should join the Italian Mafia, and stop watching F1.

Indeed. I am pretty sure all the F1 teams look at their competitors for any infringements they can find. Anything to gain an advantage, that's the way it works.

Indeed. I am pretty sure all the F1 teams look at their competitors for any infringements they can find. Anything to gain an advantage, that's the way it works.

But that's not "anything to gain an advantage"! That's merely the right thing to do! When a tennis player calls for a hawk eye because he thinks the other player's shot went wide, he is not being desperate, he is doing the right thing.

People tend to focus too much on the argument that "changing a race result in an lawyer's office is not F1". But they do not think too much on what the opposite means. if a team or driver breached the rules intentionally or unintentionally in some major infraction, why should they be allowed to keep a result they got by breaching the rules?

I know this does not apply to this case, I am perfectly fine with Nico keeping the win with only a reprimand. But what if this had been something more serious? If any, I understand that people should push for better marshalling during the race as to pinpoint these infractions immediately and act on the spot.