Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

F1 2013 To Feature Classic Content

F1 2013 is heading out way with what looks like a very juicy pack indeed. 80s/90s classic cars,circuits and drivers along with the 2013 content and to top it of the return of legendary Murray Walker. How good will this be? Although they mention some classic drivers, senna didnt get a mention, hopefully they can include him.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/458219/F1_2013_game_to_be_released_later_this_year_will_include_classics_mode/

It has been confirmed that Senna won't feature.

Yeah I was afraid that would happen, did they say why? Bet ya something to do with the rights to his name.

I got excited when I heard "classic cars", but at 33 I don't consider 1998 as vintage in any way. I hoping for the cars from the 60s/70s maybe. :\

I got excited when I heard "classic cars", but at 33 I don't consider 1998 as vintage in any way. I hoping for the cars from the 60s/70s maybe. :\

That's 15yrs ago time flies mate, there considered "classic" by today's standards and regulation changes. I personally can't wait. I just hope it lives up to the expectation.

Not sure how 90s cars are "classic". I'm only 33 and it makes me feel old.

I'm ok.... really.... I'm fine.

meh.png

Not sure how 90s cars are "classic". I'm only 33 and it makes me feel old.

I'm ok.... really.... I'm fine.

meh.png

Tell me about it iam 29 and I still feel like iam 16, the word classification feels nostalgic. I still feel weird saying "when I was younger" or "when I was a kid" because honestly I don't feel any different. Body says otherwise though. I used to play a fair bit of basketball and now I still try but psyically can't do it like I did at 16,feels so strange because I feel no different, it's like an invisible wall. But in saying that iam only 29, but can already notice minor body flaws in my game, and same when it comes to karting.

I don't like to be negative, but I do wonder what the point of classic content is if it is not historically accurate. I realize that racing's about the cars, not the drivers. Still, Mario Andretti in a 90s Lotus is kind of odd. I'd almost prefer if they just used made-up names for the drivers they could not license. laugh.png

That's okay, though. F1 is, to my knowledge, the only racing series in the world with an annual video game (maybe NASCAR still does; I don't know), so, good for them. I have F1 2012 for Mac OS X. It's fun to play once every few months. I typically get a penalty at the start, drive too hard to try to make up the 10 seconds I will be given at the end, and spin. All while doing laps well over 107% of the actual, real-world fastest race times. laugh.png