Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Kimi To Ferrari

Haha, old Eddie, I do miss him and Stoddard actually. At least they were interesting team heads on the underdog teams people liked to root for. The past decade, teams like Midland/Spyker/Virgin/HRT havn't cut it. Caterham, yawn, Marussia, zzzzzzzzz. Bring back the spirit of Arrows, Super Aguri!!!!!

Anyway, Eddie's often wrong too. But he's had enough hits of late where he does have some good info. I think personally, more people than him know about stuff like this, but they keep their mouths shut and respect the process that unfolds with press releases and so on. He, well maybe he likes the attention of bringing us all the "scoop".

Not sure where this leaves Fernando - having previously, publicly lobbied for Massa to stay. The usual Ferrari answer to an unhappy driver is to show him the door.

Now that LdM has put some serious manners on FA, the question is..........has FA matured enough to accept his place as a valued employee......or will he pick up his santander shaped ball and walk away?

I still remember how quickly things soured at macca, but I hope he stays.

Alonso's reaction to this alleged "done deal" will be interesting, mostly because I think he will stay, and a lot of people who think he'd run away from a potentially-better teammate will learn something new about Alonso.

Alternatively, if he does, somehow, leave, him going back to McLaren will be the most hilarious thing that's happen in a while. So, either way, this works for me.

You only leave a team if you have at least an equal team to goto. So Alonso staying for now, doesn't mean he's mended his ways and reformed. He seems to end his stints on bad terms with alot of the teams he's driven for. Whereas other drivers, only get praise from all who worked for them.

Unless Renault & Total buy into Lotus in a big way, and Santander moves over in 2015, then 2014 might be Alonso convincing himself he's "OK" with Kimi there, but by half way it will be 2007 all over again. The difference will be Kimi won't give a crap and will be off at the beach and living his life. Snookems will be on the couch getting counseling and calling up Massa in the middle of the night for a pep talk.

In all honesty though, I think Alonso might be convincing himself he's ok with this, but time will tell if he really is. Since he seems to need a push from his team mates more than any other driver I have seen in F1, even Schumi, I have my serious doubts on his long term health. And by push I don't mean than in a motivation way, but in a real sense of having his team mate do whatever, pull over to win a race, change a gearbox to move up 1 position, to all sorts of #1 diva treatment he so desires. Just get in the car and race for goodness sake! Why do people keep saying he's one of the greatest when he needs to be coddled to the point of it being so obvious it's stupid.

The fact that this is all over the web and Ferrari have in no way moved to deny, suggests the deal is done. I'm pretty sure this is driven by LdM.

This time last year, Hamilton was available (and maybe even Vettel) yet LdM still had enough faith to allow FA to veto their possible signings.....and look how well they're going in Merc and RBR. Back in 2009, FA and/or Santander wanted Kimi to step aside and LdM agreed. Kimi has probably been the most consistently quick race driver for the last 2 seasons and is now available. LdM does not feel that he can let another top drawer driver by overlooked simply to keep the status quo.

Regardless of anything else, LdM no longer feels the need to reassure FA. Ferrari do love the odd bit of driver drama!

If true, this is brilliant. You have to wonder, though. Every move in driver management has been to destroy teammates and Alonso has been credited as being the most evil, envious, back-stabbing, bottom-feeder in the history of the universe. Didn't he just insult the whole of Italy? If any of the Alonso hating dribble ever had any merit, how could he agree to something like this?

F1 might still get some self-respect back if this pairing is allowed to happen. I might even follow the competition next year to see if there is any competition to follow.

This also secures Ferrari a top driver in the event Alonso leaves. Thus they are covered in that department with Kimi. It's alot easier to fill the second seat with another driver when you have the first seat filled with an experienced driver.

I have a feeling Kimi choose Ferrari over RBR and not that RBR chose Ricci over Kimi. Thus RBR's only choice then was to sign Ricci since they missed out on Kimi. The option of having Alonso in the team was too much a risk and thus chose against it.

Oh maure you go as though Alonso still has influence at Ferrari. He doesn't and thus why we've seen his disrespectful behavior towards his own team. He's been able to dictate things for so many years, but remember he wasn't able to in 2007 and can't again now for 2014.

This is brilliant and shows Ferrari might just be serious again at trying to win titles. Their approach with Alonso has not worked, and thus a change is needed. If Alonso had been cleaning up the titles and race wins left right and center, he would be be in a position to ask anything and get anything he so desires. Not anymore.

Good on the Kimster!!!! Can't wait to see him back at that team and hopefully this time they will listen to him. The good news is Schumi isn't about anymore to sabotage his car setups by "advising" the team to build a car to Massa's liking.

I can't see Alonso lasting more than 1 more year at Ferrari. His track record shows this. Thus it's either back to McLaren of Lotus for him. Expect an announcement half way next year from him.

I also feel this shows Kimi choose Ferrari over RBR. And not that RBR picked Ricci over Kimi. They picked Ricci because they didn't get Kimi.

If Ferrari doesn't have a winning car, the excitement over this new pairing will quickly fizzle out.

thats the beauty of it, they will drive the car forward, every team Kimi has joined go forward in development. a plus plus situation I feel

Yeah I agree Brad, the silly season isn't over yet! lol

With the rumours of Renault and Total buying back into Lotus, you can bet Renault would like to have Alonso in their car just like old times.

I don't think Luca scolding Alonso was for just one thing, as in Alonso's insubordination, but probably due to other reasons as well like Alonso speaking with other teams and not giving his commitment to Ferrari.

They didn't hire Kimi to replace Massa, they hired Kimi to protect them for if or most likely when Alonso leaves.

Oh maure you go as though Alonso still has influence at Ferrari. He doesn't and thus why we've seen his disrespectful behavior towards his own team. He's been able to dictate things for so many years, but remember he wasn't able to in 2007 and can't again now for 2014.

This is brilliant and shows Ferrari might just be serious again at trying to win titles. Their approach with Alonso has not worked, and thus a change is needed. If Alonso had been cleaning up the titles and race wins left right and center, he would be be in a position to ask anything and get anything he so desires. Not anymore.

Good on the Kimster!!!! Can't wait to see him back at that team and hopefully this time they will listen to him. The good news is Schumi isn't about anymore to sabotage his car setups by "advising" the team to build a car to Massa's liking.

I can't see Alonso lasting more than 1 more year at Ferrari. His track record shows this. Thus it's either back to McLaren of Lotus for him. Expect an announcement half way next year from him.

I also feel this shows Kimi choose Ferrari over RBR. And not that RBR picked Ricci over Kimi. They picked Ricci because they didn't get Kimi.

There ain't much at all to smile in F1. You won't spoil the fun.

Well, this was one on my predictions but none of the others have gone right blush.png. There is still time but realistically, I think Ross Brawn may go to Williams, having bought Toto's stake and take on the TP job for a while before Claire steps up and Nando could jump ship to fill Kimi's berth at Lotus. Problem is, they can't afford him and will need Renault or Santander support to pull that off. He needs a better car and I don't think Ferrari have one now or will have, in 2014. A 1.6L turbo is not their cup of tea. Jenson knows that has stayed put though he may be a target for Lotus but the Hulk has to be favourite. Low cost and high ability. For me, it's a no-brainer. Perez would bring the money the need and that's another possible with Nico H heading for Woking. Now your talking!

Haha smile old dog! it's Official. Kimi to Ferrari.

So on September 10, 2006 Ferrari make the annoucement of having signed Kimi to their team.

On September 10, 2013 Ferrari annouce having re-signed Kimi to their team!!!!

Does this mean that Kimi will be next years WDC? Just like he was in 2007? I sure hope so. The key word being hope. His fans honestly all would be happy he wins some races, smiles and just has a good time.