Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Ricciardo Confirmed?

Vettel had a competitive team mate and ground him down over a period of years like the great driver he is [/flaming].

So anyway, why did they take so long to confirm Ricci when presumably it was the obvious decision and they practically already own him?

Two theories:

1. There was an actual issue about deciding between drivers, namely, Kimi and Ricci. Perhaps a split in the team between Horner/Newey wanting Kimi and Marko/DM wanting Ricci.

2. My personal choice: Horner being his usual political self and trying to extract the most out of the "we've had many people come to us about a driver" line. Basically, trying to stir the pot at Ferrari. Obviously, that's nothing that Ferrari haven't tried to do before to Red Bull with the whole "Vettel has a pre-contract for 2014" spin, so let's consider the BS at 1-1 now and us dear readers many pointless news stories worse off.

Vettel had a competitive team mate and ground him down over a period of years like the great driver he is [/flaming].

So anyway, why did they take so long to confirm Ricci when presumably it was the obvious decision and they practically already own him?

Two theories:

1. There was an actual issue about deciding between drivers, namely, Kimi and Ricci. Perhaps a split in the team between Horner/Newey wanting Kimi and Marko/DM wanting Ricci.

2. My personal choice: Horner being his usual political self and trying to extract the most out of the "we've had many people come to us about a driver" line. Basically, trying to stir the pot at Ferrari. Obviously, that's nothing that Ferrari haven't tried to do before to Red Bull with the whole "Vettel has a pre-contract for 2014" spin, so let's consider the BS at 1-1 now and us dear readers many pointless news stories worse off.

I watched a video clip on Redbull talking about why they picked dan and Adrian newey put it in good words.

"We could have signed a few drivers who a well known and can deliver on a regular basis and are known to. Who have achieved quite alot. But if we don't give a young guy a chance, how can he have a chance to achieve what they have? Dan was an obvious choice"

That to me sounds like they made there mind up basically straight away.

Since this thread has become, more or less, the general silly season thread, maybe I'll post this here...

I found Massa's comments after the Monza race rather curious. According to BBC, he said

"On his contract situation: "We're still discussing it. This race was important for everything, not only for the contract with Ferrari but to show other teams what I'm able to do. My talent, everybody knows." ".

That sounds to me like he knows he is not driving for Ferrari next year, why else would he be so public about showing off his talent to other team.

Since this thread has become, more or less, the general silly season thread, maybe I'll post this here...

I found Massa's comments after the Monza race rather curious. According to BBC, he said

"On his contract situation: "We're still discussing it. This race was important for everything, not only for the contract with Ferrari but to show other teams what I'm able to do. My talent, everybody knows." ".

That sounds to me like he knows he is not driving for Ferrari next year, why else would he be so public about showing off his talent to other team.

Well, he just said that he is still discussing the contract so it's saying that it's a little bit of pressure, kind of like saying "Hey, Luca, take note that other people might want me. Yeah, you just wait and you'll see. Yeah. Right" :D

Poor guy is struggling to even keep at the top of his own game, but you can't say he does not try.

A true shame, confidence drivers like Massa, so much wasted potential.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/463691/Age_counted_against_Raikkonen_at_Red_Bull_says_Marko/

I don't mind supporting Vettel, but Marko can go get F'd. What a load of BS he's spewing there.

So they had no problem offering Webber contracts, even for next year if he wanted, but Kimi who is years younger than Webber is too old? Ok whatever you shriveled krout. To me it's more proof Marko did not want Kimi in the team. Whereas I'm pretty sure Newey did. Thus even if Horner wanted Kimi, Marko probably won out in the end.

It's weird it took so long for them to confirm who the 2nd seat was going to. Even weirder then delaying the announcement before Spa, and Horner pretty much saying Kimi had not been ruled out, and then we read that it just made sense to go with a rookie.

I think they tried to play all angles here. Vettel going to Ferrari, Alonso to RBR, Kimi to RBR and so. What a cop out. Even Kimi's comments about it a few days back said it all. Either RBR we never serious and kept him in the dark, or they were stringing him along.

Alonso + Kimi is going to mean at least Ferrari get some sort of title come next year. Vettel as good as he is, can't do it all. And I rate Webber better than Ricci.

Anyway, have a read of that link I posted. Made me mad. I've never been a Marko supporter, rather seen he's said things that have made sense at times, and way more that are just stupid. But now I'm done with the idiot.

Anyway, Marko says in the article all you need to know on why they didn't pick Kimi, and it's got nothing to do with his age.