Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIDEPOD

Hamilton: Sucks At Developing A Car Or Brilliant Player Of Mind Games

Recall these comments from Lewis last year to Sergio...

Hamilton, in a rare glimpse of genuine joy, revealed he already has an advantage over Perez for next season: he knows the direction of McLaren's car development.

"I know I'm leaving a very, very good car for this guy to step into," the 27-year-old Briton said, prompting his replacement to reply: "Thank you."

"Trust me," Hamilton continued. "It will be a good car next year, I know. I know exactly what's going on next year with your car." Did Hamilton contribute to the direction of the car and was then proud of it? Or was he just giving his rival false hope! Source:http://www.thenation...-awkward-moment

laugh.png He also said Mercedes wouldn't win races this year...

The designers at McLaren obviously thought it was going to be a good car, too, or else they wouldn't have done it. So, if deceived, he wasn't the only one. Perhaps the car would have been better suited to Hamilton than to Button or Pérez?

None of the above.

2 options:

1) He knew the car was going to be crap.

What did you expect him to say? Congrats, Sergio, you are going to drive one of the most gorgeous Ice Cream Vans ever made! Whatever he said, he said it in the context of a press conference. If he knew it was crap, he would have never said that in front of the interviewers. Had he done that, he would have been lynched as well for insulting the team and the mechanics will get mad and blah blah (see Alonso for more of the same BS). Again, if he knew, he could have warned Sergio privately. Did he? We don't know. And even if he didn't it would not be wrong. Why would he? It's not his job and do you honestly think that it would have mattered to Perez and his big jump into the big leagues?

2) He didn't knew what the car was going to be. This is the most obvious and probable situation. In that case anybody and everybody would have done the same as he did. Play the good corporate guy and team member praising the car for the team HE WAS STILL RACING FOR.

What else did you expect? I don't get it. Which course of action would have been taken by Lewis to avoid being attacked?

Hamilton, like all great champions, know how to prepare his car. It's part of being a champion. No one else can fine tune your car for you. Some take longer than other to find the sweet spot, just like with women!

Hamilton is all about mind games and trying to bring down his opposition. We saw how he rocked alonso to the core in 2007 to the point alonso started doing rash things on the circuit towards Hamilton. This is the same alonso that rocked schumis world on his blinding pace in that Renault. I have to say i have never really liked Hamilton,but he has shown to me this year, he is a much more rounded driver and it shows, he still says stupid things and that's what I dislike about him but you can't deny how bloody fast this guy is