Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Has Kimi Lost His Tilte Chance?

If this forum had a poll this would be perfect. Do you think kimis recent spa retirement has killed his tiltle chances?

The rb car was almost invincible before the break; now it is invincible, so I think no one never really had a chance. Get ready to see rb all over the place for remainder of the season.

lets hope their domination will end this year, or we are going to have another boring few years, just like the Ferrari years with Schumacher.

The rb car was almost invincible before the break; now it is invincible, so I think no one never really had a chance. Get ready to see rb all over the place for remainder of the season.

lets hope their domination will end this year, or we are going to have another boring few years, just like the Ferrari years with Schumacher.

Yeah your most likely right, as long as webber wins atleast one before he goes, ill be happy.

Hey, WebRic. I can't add a poll to this, but for future reference, you can make polls on the forum. :)

3U1wpP9.png

I think no one never really had a chance.

I agree. Ferrari, McLaren, and Mercedes did not bring good enough cars, while Lotus cannot develop at the same pace as the others. Red Bull is the perfect team. We're very lucky that the racing is still so exciting and competitive (usually not knowing who will win until the final pit stop is over, which is much deeper into the race than it used to be), even with a superior team in the standings. I don't think Vettel/Red Bull will win every race for the rest of the season, to be honest. Räikkönen and Grosjean were very close in the two races before the summer break, and Alonso had an excellent day in Spa. You also never know when the Mercedes will show up.

In some ways, this is to be expected. Good races and a close championship are not entirely mutually exclusive, but they can be depending on what is making the races good. This year, the parity, caused by whatever you believe (most would say tires, I guess), amongst teams second in the WCC on back happens to be what has made a lot of races very interesting to watch. The problem with parity, in the context of a championship, is that Lotus, Ferrari, Mercedes, even Force India and McLaren sometimes, are all playing spoiler to each other. This allows Red Bull to break away more than if it were a "rival" type of season, in which two constructors are clearly ahead and one error would close the gap.

Basically, the championship is less competitive because the sport is so much more competitive now for all positions outside of P1.

Has he lost his tilte chance?

Well....I think he tilts quite a bit,especially after alcohol, so no he has not lost his chance to tilte :)

Lol, I relised that after I posted it I couldn't edit the title only the text.

@ Massa, thanks for the heads up mate.

I don't think his title chances are that much different to what they were before Spa, it was always going to be a difficult ask. However, it ain't over til the fat lady sings and all that.

He was never honestly in the running after the first race anyway. Lotus don't have the money to develop their car. Thus they start out with a great car, and nothign much changes during the year. Last year was exactly the same.

RBR are coming into the races they have dominated in years past, so this years WDC is Vettel's again, and good on him. This doesn't feel like the Schumi years to me, it feels more exciting and not predictable. That may sound contradictory, but it's not as thought Vettel has put it on pole every race, lead every race and won. There have been many unpredicted events. Thus the winning might be the same, but the journey there isn't predictable.

I'd say Kimi is doing better than he should be doing due to his consistancy. The Lotus is maybe the 4th or 5th best car now, and most importantly it's not going forwards in improvements, it's going backwards.

Kimi to RBR, to Ferrari?, to McLaren? but please don't stay at Lotus another year!

He was never honestly in the running after the first race anyway. Lotus don't have the money to develop their car. Thus they start out with a great car, and nothign much changes during the year. Last year was exactly the same.

RBR are coming into the races they have dominated in years past, so this years WDC is Vettel's again, and good on him. This doesn't feel like the Schumi years to me, it feels more exciting and not predictable. That may sound contradictory, but it's not as thought Vettel has put it on pole every race, lead every race and won. There have been many unpredicted events. Thus the winning might be the same, but the journey there isn't predictable.

I'd say Kimi is doing better than he should be doing due to his consistancy. The Lotus is maybe the 4th or 5th best car now, and most importantly it's not going forwards in improvements, it's going backwards.

Kimi to RBR, to Ferrari?, to McLaren? but please don't stay at Lotus another year!

Yeah, I think your right. After kimi won in Melbourne I thought to myself, finally seb will have to cut it deep this year to win, as I really thought lotus would have been able to put up more of a fight, especially with that dual drs flop. What a shame, but who knows what 2014 will bring.

"The Device" = a giant waste of money and resources. I don't think any team will seriously get a working DDRS anytime soon. And the money is better spent on other areas of the car. I had high hopes when I first heard about it last year, and here we are a year later and it's made I think one race appearance.

In some ways, this is to be expected. Good races and a close championship are not entirely mutually exclusive, but they can be depending on what is making the races good. This year, the parity, caused by whatever you believe (most would say tires, I guess), amongst teams second in the WCC on back happens to be what has made a lot of races very interesting to watch. The problem with parity, in the context of a championship, is that Lotus, Ferrari, Mercedes, even Force India and McLaren sometimes, are all playing spoiler to each other. This allows Red Bull to break away more than if it were a "rival" type of season, in which two constructors are clearly ahead and one error would close the gap.

Basically, the championship is less competitive because the sport is so much more competitive now for all positions outside of P1.

Good, important point.

"The Device" = a giant waste of money and resources. I don't think any team will seriously get a working DDRS anytime soon. And the money is better spent on other areas of the car. I had high hopes when I first heard about it last year, and here we are a year later and it's made I think one race appearance.

100% agree and I couldn't even tell they were running the double drs until Martin mentioned it, so it obviously didnt have a "drastic" effect like they once claimed.

So Lotus spend money and time on a longer wheel base car, but don't use it when it matters and both Lotuses fail to make Q3. More wasted time and money. Does this team not know how to focus on areas of the car that will actually give them improvements?

I hope Kimi truly has other options than Lotus, because he won't put up with another year of them not paying him, and failing to improve their car in anyway. Gut feeling says, his comments from a few weeks ago about possibly making an unpopular decision, but it being right to him... means he will not be in F1 next year.

The LDM and Alonso spat, Alonso going to RBR, and Ferrari trying to secure Kimi... I can't see that happening if Alonso will recommit to the team. That was only a backup if they lost Alonso to RBR. But I truly believe Alonso was trying to get that RBR seat and thus Ferrari trying to get Kimi now has less importance for them.

And as for Massa, the bar has never been set lower for a driver to retain his seat. His sole purpose is as Alonso's lackey, or draft / tow boy if you will and they can't even get that right 2 years in a row. As long as Massa get's a few 5-7th place finishes, he will retain his seat. It's clear that Alonso needs training wheels, tows from team mates, team orders to gain victories. And that's why I will never consider him a great.

McLaren are a shambles and I honestly can't see him going there, and thus even though it's "possible" for a Ferrari drive, it's down to staying at Lotus who don't pay his bonuses and wages, can't improve a car during the course of a year, even last year when they had Allison, or going to Ferrari to be an "equal" with Alonso, the only thing that seems to make sense to me is that he will leave F1 again :(

There's no way Alonso will be ok with Kimi coming into the team, and him losing all his leverage and options to have his team mate take gearbox penalties, moving over, towing down the straight etc. Does anyone here think Kimi would put up with that? No way. He'd say F off and walk.

So for Kimi fans, enjoy what we have left of this year, as I don't have a great feeling he will be around for much longer. Either Renault buy back into Lotus properly, hopefully change their team name to something else since Lotus don't even pay a dime to have their name on the team, or the past 2 years will be all we get of the Kimster. For all their talk, about sponsors, and this and that Lotus haven't produced anything to back it up. Kimi's comments about him not bothering to hold talks with them until they get their stuff sorted says it all.