Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Is Webber Going To Win At All This Year?

Does anybody think webber is going to win atleast one race before he leaves? He is leaving it later and later and now we are heading to circuits he hasn't been particularly strong in the past, with the exception of brazil of course. What you think?

I'd say no, but he could surprise us.

I do want to say Webber deserves a pat on the back for his statements about the booing towards Vettel at Monza not being cool. Unless you have done what Schumi did and purposefully take 2 cars out in title fighting races, or park your car in the middle of a corner to stop qualifying, you don't deserved to be booed. If you're only crime is winning a race, and keeping your nose clean, I don't care who you are, or what team you drive for, you do not deserve to be booed for your success. So good on Webber.

I also don't believe that little story about Vettel not being at his goodbye bash. I think the truth probably falls closer to he was there, buy popped out to do whatever, make a call, send a txt, and someone saw that point out of context and then used it to stir crap up.

Vettel and Webber looked ok to me on the podium, and beforehand, after that had weighed in, and then went back outside for the obligatory photographs before heading up to the podium.

Webber for once, actually looks happy and relieved.

I'm not sure what tracks that are left, where he's done great on. Korea maybe? LOL. Ok let's not go there.

Does anybody think webber is going to win atleast one race before he leaves? He is leaving it later and later and now we are heading to circuits he hasn't been particularly strong in the past, with the exception of brazil of course. What you think?

Depends how quick Vettel wraps up the title, then will give him a freebie, like Brazil 2011.

Depends how quick Vettel wraps up the title, then will give him a freebie, like Brazil 2011.

That's what I mean, the upcoming circuits are places webber hasn't done too well at in the past for the exception of brazil and depending how kind you feel, Suzuka. Vettel, unless has a failure of some sort, is most likely going to win the remaining races,webber will have to rely on a freebie from the kindness of seb or a failure.

Also heard webbers chat before the race and he was asked if he ever regretted not driving for Ferrari. He said not really and that they were pushing real hard to get him last year. He and montezemelo couldn't reach an agreement.

What's that agreement? Certain no.2 to alonso?

Vettel, unless has a failure of some sort, is most likely going to win the remaining races,webber will have to rely on a freebie from the kindness of seb or a failure.

ditto,

it would be nice for Webber to win the last race...

ditto,

it would be nice for Webber to win the last race...

That would be nice but what would also be nice is to see ricciardo score a maiden podium before the year is out. But 7th place seems to be the absolute maximum the car can finish if the main guys finish.

Yeah, I could see that happening (and will probably get criticised for it, naturally :D).

apart from winning a race it would be bloody GREAT to see Weber actually be in his grid position at the end of the first lap. For some reason he does not seem to be able to START very good ???

That's the best answer to this, I think.

Also heard webbers chat before the race and he was asked if he ever regretted not driving for Ferrari. He said not really and that they were pushing real hard to get him last year. He and montezemelo couldn't reach an agreement.

What's that agreement? Certain no.2 to alonso?

Perhaps, and maybe even likely. That said, I know if I were negotiating with Ferrari, cleaning house with management might be at the top of my requests, not to imply that Webber would have felt the same way. I'm sure some assurance that the team was going in the right direction would have helped, though. It may also have to do with money, length of contract, etc.

Moreover, it was just a bad fit for him; for that, the agreement may have just been that LDM wanted Webber in a Ferrari, and under no terms did Webber want to do that. Webber was and is at the end of his time in F1, while Ferrari is faced with two options: stay on this path of "almost there," holding nearly everything constant while somehow acknowledging a need for change, or they can finally rebuild. An older driver is not going to be part of the latter, and the former just offers nothing better than Red Bull's second seat does. So, perhaps, the "Ferrari" part of it was the only offensive term in the contract...

So some news comes out finally from Webber about his motivation, and him stating he's been lacking in it the past few years. I think alot of us saw this, and I've wondered publicly why he kept re-signing for RBR every year when he not only looked miserable, but had a look of a driver who didn't even like F1 anymore.

So some news comes out finally from Webber about his motivation, and him stating he's been lacking in it the past few years. I think alot of us saw this, and I've wondered publicly why he kept re-signing for RBR every year when he not only looked miserable, but had a look of a driver who didn't even like F1 anymore.

Yeah I read that too, but now he has come out and said he feels like he is leaving a year to early, to late now.

I still think he should have gone to Ferrari a year or two back. That might have given him a kick up the backside as far as motivation goes.

But it brings into question alot of his antics really now doesn't it. And I think shows Vettel isn't just in a great car, he's motivated as hell to win and you have to respect that.

I still think he should have gone to Ferrari a year or two back. That might have given him a kick up the backside as far as motivation goes.

But it brings into question alot of his antics really now doesn't it. And I think shows Vettel isn't just in a great car, he's motivated as hell to win and you have to respect that.

Of course, his preparation is flawless and his performance week in week out is unbleivable but I still have and will always like mark anyday over seb. Vettel has by far got the best equipment but he uses every bit to his advantage, his driving ability is just getting better and better as he has found an ideal balance to push the rb to the limits. His consistency is what is netting him these championships. If he doesn't win, 99% of the time he will be on the podium. Unless its a retirement that has robbed him.

Yeah imagine if Seb never had those breakdowns lol. He's have alot more wins to his name, and some of the title fights would not have gone down to the final race.

Even if he doesn't goto another team, which I think he will in time, since he is still young, he will be a great. Doesn't matter if people hate him, boo him or whatever, he's already a great as a 3x consecutive WDC. a 4 timer? no question.

It doesn't matter if he's in the best car, you still have to keep it on the road, and get the best out of it. The car doesn't drive itself is what I'm saying.

As for Webber, I'm still scratching my head about his lack of motivation, but I guess it does explain his outbursts against the team, and various things he has done that have irked many people. At any rate, he should have changed teams, it would have done him good. Him at Lotus would have been alright actually, or at McLaren even. He would have had many options. In a way I'm not sad to see him leave RBR, but I did still want him F1 if that makes sense. Another team, fresh challenge, motivation back on track.

Yeah imagine if Seb never had those breakdowns lol. He's have alot more wins to his name, and some of the title fights would not have gone down to the final race.

Even if he doesn't goto another team, which I think he will in time, since he is still young, he will be a great. Doesn't matter if people hate him, boo him or whatever, he's already a great as a 3x consecutive WDC. a 4 timer? no question.

It doesn't matter if he's in the best car, you still have to keep it on the road, and get the best out of it. The car doesn't drive itself is what I'm saying.

As for Webber, I'm still scratching my head about his lack of motivation, but I guess it does explain his outbursts against the team, and various things he has done that have irked many people. At any rate, he should have changed teams, it would have done him good. Him at Lotus would have been alright actually, or at McLaren even. He would have had many options. In a way I'm not sad to see him leave RBR, but I did still want him F1 if that makes sense. Another team, fresh challenge, motivation back on track.

Yeah I agree with you there, he should have gone to Mclaren, he would have fit in there really well, him and button would make a real good pair.

Yeah it would have been good for McLaren too. He should have gone there after Hamilton left in my view.

Anyway, it's troubling to me to see word coming from McLaren that Perez is their future. I don't think so. He's not even on Massa's level and that's saying something. If McLaren are playing on having Perez around and making him their focus for years to come, then if you're a McLaren fan, find another team to support as you will be over it, expecting things to change, but in the back of your mind knowing, this is BS, how can such a top team lose so many important members.

Perez isn't their future and if Gillette are announced as title sponsors next year, that will be a good sign that Telmex aren't going to be involved, or maybe just not yet.

They should have hired the Hulk, and I have my doubts about Button as a team leader trying to develop a bad car. He had years of practice doing that with BAR and nothing to show for it. So he doesn't have a history of helping make a car better. The Brawn experiement was a wonderful fluke, and not one that could ever have been prepared for or predicted, so you can't use that as an example.

McLaren need a better driver than Button in their team, and they are deluding themselves at the moment. I don't think Whitmarsh has what it takes to be a team principal. A great #2 perhaps, but not the top job. I so want Ron to come back, take control and sort out some stuff to get that team back on track. Of all the teams, McLaren are bleeding the most talent, mostly in Mercs direction. The rot has to stop from the top. Bring back Ron!

Yeah it would have been good for McLaren too. He should have gone there after Hamilton left in my view.

Anyway, it's troubling to me to see word coming from McLaren that Perez is their future. I don't think so. He's not even on Massa's level and that's saying something. If McLaren are playing on having Perez around and making him their focus for years to come, then if you're a McLaren fan, find another team to support as you will be over it, expecting things to change, but in the back of your mind knowing, this is BS, how can such a top team lose so many important members.

Perez isn't their future and if Gillette are announced as title sponsors next year, that will be a good sign that Telmex aren't going to be involved, or maybe just not yet.

They should have hired the Hulk, and I have my doubts about Button as a team leader trying to develop a bad car. He had years of practice doing that with BAR and nothing to show for it. So he doesn't have a history of helping make a car better. The Brawn experiement was a wonderful fluke, and not one that could ever have been prepared for or predicted, so you can't use that as an example.

McLaren need a better driver than Button in their team, and they are deluding themselves at the moment. I don't think Whitmarsh has what it takes to be a team principal. A great #2 perhaps, but not the top job. I so want Ron to come back, take control and sort out some stuff to get that team back on track. Of all the teams, McLaren are bleeding the most talent, mostly in Mercs direction. The rot has to stop from the top. Bring back Ron!

Well I don't honestly think button is that bad, his results tend to drop once he has a teammate that can rarely match his speed. But when his teammate is quick like lewis, it seems to encourage button to try harder and his driving improves immensely as a result. To me, it seems like he has just relaxed to much now days, as his teammate now isn't on Lewis's level, let one his own.

Anyone who can not see that Perez is a future world champion know nowt about motor racing.

I have my reservations.... at the moment the kid still needs to learn alot about driving in general, even my grandpa could do better in that seat, and learn some manners along the way...

I have my reservations.... at the moment the kid still needs to learn alot about driving in general, even my grandpa could do better in that seat, and learn some manners along the way...

Absolutely, rude, Perez has showed us nothing to make us support that claim, he was driving better in the sauber last yr IMO.

true. I think it's the pressure factor...

Yeah it has to be. Honestly though I thought kobayashi was a better driver than Perez. Just not as lucky.

Anyone who can not see that Perez is a future world champion know nowt about motor racing.

I love to watch Pérez, and the amazing thing about him is that he has always improved. Every level of motor racing was met with a higher level of performance than the one below it. Superb.

However, he fell apart last year at Sauber, scoring not a single point after signing with McLaren.

This year, he's had a lot of late-race collapses from the points. Some his own doing (Monaco and Spa), some based on team error (Monza's long pit stop...though even without it, he didn't have to lose the spots after it), some based on bizarre circumstances (Silverstone), and one I forget (Montréal). To me, that stands out as worrying more than the retirements or penalties.

I hope he is a future WDC contender. He's just a joy out there. One of my favorites these days. I'm just not sure how he will take the next step, and if he will have enough time to do so, given McLaren's moving of Magnussen to another F1 team in 2014. Add van Doorne there, too; he's in the system. There's a lot of pressure even within McLaren for his seat, let alone the drivers outside.

Perez only crimes are being talented as any other mid level (at least) F1 driver, but had to pay to get his seat.

He has a high level of mistakes, but is also quick and a good attacker. He is the man that kept making one stop strategies shine last year, but can also become a Hamilton when it comes to overtaking. Yes he is not half the driver Lewis is, but he is learning. For the same crimes that make people despise him, Kobayashi was highly praised.

Koba couldn't blossom. I hope Perez does.

And that, even if I hate his guts (mostly because Fox Sports Latin America spends countless hours talking about him, interviewing him and...he is nice but just so uninteresting as a character out of the track!)

And that, even if I hate his guts (mostly because Fox Sports Latin America spends countless hours talking about him, interviewing him and...he is nice but just so uninteresting as a character out of the track!)

:lol:

In the United States, we have coverage on UniMás/Univisión Deportes Network. The commentators are:

Antonio Pérez Garibay, his father

Antonio Pérez Mendoza, his brother

Paola Pérez, his sister

The reaction to his penalty at Spa was particularly amusing. I crave Button radio transmissions only to hear the Pérez family respond... :P