Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Singapore Gp

So fans say Vettel is favourite to win again. He has to be doesnt he? Whats your thoughts on this weekend?

Merc could be in with a shot. They have no problems getting tyres up to temp, it's keeping them cool that's the problem. So if it's a cool Singapore night, they might be flying.

PQ Jr isn't still around is he?? lol. Maybe Alonso's got a shot too. Of course I'm hoping Kimi is in with a shot, but I doubt they will qualify the car high enough up the grid to make them a factor.

So yeah, it's Sebs to loose going on current form. And if he wins, great. Just one more race over for this year, and closer to next year which is what I'm more excited about now.

So yeah, it's Sebs to loose going on current form. And if he wins, great. Just one more race over for this year, and closer to next year which is what I'm more excited about now.

lol, Seb does that to a guy hey, the way he goes about business look so easy on the outside, but he does put in alot of work with the team. As Schuey use to say, you work hard to make your own luck.... or something like that

man, can't wait to see how he's going to cope with the Ferrari pair next year... while he's still improving, will be fun to watch

Will be epic, are we in for another display of temper tantrum alonso, like back in his Mclaren days? Kimi must think he can beat him otherwise why would he go back there?

lol, Seb does that to a guy hey, the way he goes about business look so easy on the outside, but he does put in alot of work with the team. As Schuey use to say, you work hard to make your own luck.... or something like that

Bradley, I am surprised you did not know this one lol. I think it is a slant on what was originally attributed to Gary Player - the more I practice, the luckier I get.

Bradley, I am surprised you did not know this one lol. I think it is a slant on what was originally attributed to Gary Player - the more I practice, the luckier I get.

oh Sh#t yeah, damn, and it's the local guy!!! damnit, why did you have to know it that side of the world!!!!laugh.pnglaugh.png

oh Sh#t yeah, damn, and it's the local guy!!! damnit, why did you have to know it that side of the world!!!!laugh.pnglaugh.png

Gary Player, the Briatore of golf, you should be proud!

post-1794-0-28562100-1379699735_thumb.jp

Looks like Red Bull are a light-year ahead of others, wonder if other teams have simply just given up this season. The interesting bit is who will take the last podium spot, Lotus, Merc and Ferrari appear to be quite close to each other.

Gary Player, the Briatore of golf, you should be proud!

post-1794-0-28562100-1379699735_thumb.jp

I would hate to see what your search history looks like!

Do you store these images thinking 'aha, I might be able to use that pic in a discussion one day' or are you able to find them on demand. I don't know which scenario is more disturbing :lol:

I would hate to see what your search history looks like!

Do you store these images thinking 'aha, I might be able to use that pic in a discussion one day' or are you able to find them on demand. I don't know which scenario is more disturbing laugh.png

What? Suddenly it's "weird" to keep naked pics of golfers in a computer?

Can't blame Massa for breaking his word. He said he would not help Alonso and he didn't :D

RBR was a second faster yesterday, almost two seconds today. Hope there's more fighting down the field.

Pit Radio for Lewis: "Don't forget to drink. Don't forget to drink"

Team orders? Hamilton to join Nelsinho at Team Hooters? Roscoe signing for RBR?

Complete domination by Vettel, can't remember when I last saw such a performance. Brilliant drives by Alonso and Räikkönen as well, all three of them were in a league of their own today.

Vettel had a classic Vettel race: absolutely awesome.

Alonso had a classic Alonso race: from nowhere at the start and then hanging around for the rest of it in a position higher than expected.

Räikkönen had a classic Räikkönen race: poor qualifying followed by a steady climb to the podium, emphasized by late-race movement.

Pérez had a classic Pérez race: a questionable-but-exciting move early, followed by a total collapse at the end (not necessarily his doing, given that Button was similarly situated).

And so on.

I guess that's what made it not-very-interesting for me. Everyone did what they always do. :P

Drive of the day = Alonso. It looked difficult seeing past Webber's knee. In a seriousness you'd have to give it Vettel. Otherwise Kimi would get the nod.

Overtake of the day = Alonso had a nice overtake at the end of the openign straight, but Kimi passing Button on the outside, with a barrier fast approaching sold it for me. Top stuff.

Hard done by award = Definately feel for Grosjean. That was crap. And hearing Brundle describe in horror watching Lotus take off a panel, when RBR could do the same thing in seconds only showed how great a team RBR is. They think of everything. I wonder if they have a cup holder though. And also for Webber. But he looked to under perform today seeing as how Vettel totally pwned the whole field. So I'll give it to the Frenchman.

Head scratching WTF moment = so they cleared Ricci's car almost immediately, yet we had to burn off 6-7 safety car laps afterwards? WTH has F1 become, are they all wearing nappies or something? Ridiculous. And then to let the backmarkers past and waste more laps it's a joke.

My other thought however is despite Singapore putting on one of the best looking GPs I've seen, and it does look fantastic on an HD TV, why is the race so long? And why 61 laps. And why have they not changed things seeing as how every year we have had a safety car lap. I think in this day and age, to have a race that will only finish within the time limit, if there are not safety cars, on a circuit that has a safety car every years is nuts. Charlie Whitting needs a slap.

I loved the vibe in the little room where the drivers were chatting away before the podium. Kimi looked relaxed chatting with Seb and Horner, and Alonso gave him a genuine nice pat too. They seem to be friends almost. So next year if Alonso is still in red, in the beginning at least it will be cosy, we'll know half year how that turns out lol.

Is there a shorter version of the German and Austrian national anthems? Wow are they long.

Congrats to Seb. Nice to see him thanking his team and calling it a team effort. Just imagine his lead if there was no safety car. Over a minute, and as Brundle said very early on, he could lap them all!

A masterclass from I have no doubt one of the all time great F1 drivers.

Boooooorrrrinnnngggg sad.png

(the race, not your comment, Brad smile.png )

laugh.png

Come over to the Vettel-side, it's so nice, just winning winning winning all the way...the side of champions!!! You'll won't find dominating so boring, believe me...

Boring indeed. And it's quite a shame because there were some top notch drives out there. Alonso and Kimi are the most obvious for the few seconds each one's show lasted (ALO at the start, RAI when overtaking Button), but Grosjean was also there, and the battles between the latinos and the Hulk wre thrilling as well. Webber, Lewis and Massa gave some spectacle too, even if too short and too unsuccesful.

The spectacle is there. The problem with such domination is sport. Sport is not there. Sport is about competition and challenge. Unchallenged walks through the park are an amazing technical accomplishment, but hardly a competition.

The booing, disgusting as it is, is a symptom. It is ok to dismiss it as rude and it is most underserved, totally unfair when directed at Vettel, which has done nothing wrong, quite the contrary, but is also the sign that 100% domination is death for the spectacle. I think the boos are directed at that situation, more than against Vettel.

Sorry, Brad, but this would be the same case if Alonso was there. most Alonsophiles would be glad, but everybody else, including actual F1 fans that happen to support Alonso would be bored to tears. Alonso didn't get 100% domination in 2005 and 2006, and yet even I sometimes felt bored when it was obvious that he was on a league of his own.

Sorry, Brad, but this would be the same case if Alonso was there. most Alonsophiles would be glad, but everybody else, including actual F1 fans that happen to support Alonso would be bored to tears. Alonso didn't get 100% domination in 2005 and 2006, and yet even I sometimes felt bored when it was obvious that he was on a league of his own.

Hey, the level of artistry we now witness has never been seen before, it's not like Vettel lucking into a championship with a greater driver breaking down with unreliable machinery... and thats why Kimi was voted driver of the year