Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Maria De Villota Passes Away.

Absolutely I was shocked aswell, I though she was doing quite well now after her horrendous freak accident.

I've seen some interviews of her after the accident, she always seemed so nice, humble, joyful and optimist everybody could only use one cliched word: inspiring.

Life is so unfair.

I've seen some interviews of her after the accident, she always seemed so nice, humble, joyful and optimist everybody could only use one cliched word: inspiring.

Life is so unfair.

Inspiring is true. I admire all woman who try to conquer this manly sport, and lets face it, with out sounding sexist, it is a mans sport, and for any woman to come and take them all head on, demands respect.

Very sad indeed.

They seem to be treating it as natural causes, at the moment. You wouldn't think the death of a healthy (she seemed to have recovered well) 33yr old woman was natural, but she did suffer some horrific injuries just over a year ago, I guess.

Horrendous news. I think the 'natural causes' explanation may be premature but who is to know what hidden damage there may have been from such a ghastly accident.

The family has said that it was related to the testing collision. What a shame. :(

It seems that motorsports safety has always been a reactive business. I can only hope that it eventually comes together, and the racing industry as a whole starts to see vulnerabilities before a collision makes them obvious. Danger is a constant, but that is no excuse to ever abandon a commitment to safety, and a commitment to safety is no excuse to not commit more (i.e. being proactive for once). It has been a tough year for all forms of racing, safety-wise. A lot of tragic, or near-tragic, accidents, and now a tragic outcome to one from the recent past. It really takes the fun out of being a racing fan.

I hope the family and those who knew her are well. It must have been so special to have seen her go on to accomplish even more in her life after the accident.

The family has said that it was related to the testing collision. What a shame. :(

It seems that motorsports safety has always been a reactive business. I can only hope that it eventually comes together, and the racing industry as a whole starts to see vulnerabilities before a collision makes them obvious. Danger is a constant, but that is no excuse to ever abandon a commitment to safety, and a commitment to safety is no excuse to not commit more (i.e. being proactive for once). It has been a tough year for all forms of racing, safety-wise. A lot of tragic, or near-tragic, accidents, and now a tragic outcome to one from the recent past. It really takes the fun out of being a racing fan.

I hope the family and those who knew her are well. It must have been so special to have seen her go on to accomplish even more in her life after the accident.

Well put mate.