Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

2014 Sporting Regulations For Dummies

I really hope the FIA is listening, not that they'll care, but I hope they're listening

Bah, what would an actual driver know? The k ow nothing, FIA knows best.

I wonder what Max Moseley thinks too!

FIA always wants (apparently) to create a better 'show' so in theory they are motivated by producing whatever the fans want to see. Assuming they carry out some kind of research into fans' reaction to this, they will see that the majority of fans are against this idea. And the optimist in me says perhaps then they will scrap it!

More from Irvine:

"I think Lewis lost the plot a little bit because he went too showbiz," he told the Belfast Telegraph.

"His entry into Formula 1 was fantastic and his talent was amazing. Then he wanted to be a movie star or a rapper or something else. People want their sports stars to be 100% committed to being sports stars.

"I think he is coming back from that now and it would be nice if he could challenge Vettel. Lewis and Fernando Alonso are the two guys capable of taking Vettel on if their cars are up to it. Unfortunately, they aren't at the moment."

"Vettel's record is amazing, though he has kept the best car pretty much every year which Michael didn't have," the Ulsterman added.

"The one thing about Michael was when he won his first two championships he felt, 'This is boring, I'm going to go to Ferrari and re-build Ferrari' and that was very admirable. He struggled there for four years before he won another championship.

"Vettel just staying at Red Bull winning trophies is boring. I don't see what he's trying to prove. Okay, he's going to collect a lot of championships, but you know what, who cares?"

Now 48, Irvine revealed he doesn't keep close contact with any of the drivers, even if Kimi Raikkonen does occasionally call him.

"Not really. I pretty much do my own thing," he revealed. "I don't really keep in touch with anyone. Kimi Raikkonen rings me the odd time when he's drunk!"

Here's a kinda cool new video I just received from Shell & Ferrari. I uploaded to our FB page. In it, Shell's Guy Lovett & Mike Evans, and Ferrari's Luca Marmorini & Mattia Binotto take a look at the new F1 powertain & walk us through some 2014 F1 engine & ERS design considerations brought on by the new regulations.

https://www.facebook.com/FoF1ATX/posts/761343930546821

Here's a kinda cool new video I just received from Shell & Ferrari. I uploaded to our FB page. In it, Shell's Guy Lovett & Mike Evans, and Ferrari's Luca Marmorini & Mattia Binotto take a look at the new F1 powertain & walk us through some 2014 F1 engine & ERS design considerations brought on by the new regulations.

https://www.facebook...761343930546821

Fascinating video indeed, thanks for sharing!