Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Your Thoughts On Bottas.

Is it just me? Or have you found this kid to be mega impressive? I think his driving this season in his rookie year has been sublime. We havnt really seen to much of him, due to his car being a dog and not up near the front enough to get tv exposure, but never the less we have seen glimpses of a young man I Beleive will blossom in the near future. His first race weekend in Australia, he impressed me with his pace immediately, I havnt heard must about him prior to this so I kept an eye on him. His quali drive in Canada was epic in those conditions, and his recent points finish in Austin. I think having Felipe as a team mate instead if a whinging muppet, will only help this talented kid even more. Whats your thoughts on Valtteri Bottas? Definatly rookie of the year.

Wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a great driver. Although Finland haven't produced an abundance of F1 drivers, the ones that they have produced have been mostly brilliant. One third of Finnish F1 drivers have been world champions which I think is the most per head for a nation. Also Mika Hakkinen is God; not an opinion of mine it's just fact :)

He seems to have the right attitude, people at his team seem very happy with him and he certainly seems to have the speed (Maldonado is quite fast on one lap, and Bottas has beaten him in qualis on his rookie year, which is impressive). To become a WDC contender, one needs some luck too, so we just have to see what future brings to him. He does have all the right qualities to go all the way, as far as I can see.

He seems to have the right attitude..

Is it just me? Or have you found this kid to be mega impressive? Definatly rookie of the year.

True true, as his mantra suggest (MAXIMUM ATTACK (and he insist you have to type/say it in capital letters,)) he's the one to look to for the future. I expect great things from him!

He hasn't had an opportunity to show what he can do except for the last 2 races. In USA that overtaking move he pulled was amazing for a rookie, and in Brazil he was fighting Lewis Hamilton, so perhaps given half a chance he can do special things.

Let's just hope next year he has a decent machine, but I think most of us agree he's looking a good prospect

Bottas definitely deserves a seat. Next season will show us how far he has come in his rookie year and I'm looking forward to it. Canada just can't be a fluke. That last session was a disaster and he was cool as ice. Consider me a fan.

Yeah I think he had done really well, he did well in Canada when alot of much more experienced drivers couldn't. Very surprising as the year went on. When people talk about Williams, they talk about Maldonado. Bottas has stayed below the radar and his kept a calm head and it has shown in his last few races.