Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Vettel Or Alonso, Who Is Better?

See the thing with Vettel is you can't really compare him to any greats at all, just yet, why? Well he has only dominated this, what I would call "the big front wing era" don't get me wrong 4 straight titles is incredible but to me he seems to have mastered this type of chassis, maxed its potential and knows its absolute limits, more so than any other driver on the grid TODAY. Now, other "competitive" drivers bar Grosjean, have been relatively competitive in this and other eras of formula one, as the main contenders are veterans. This still doesn't take away Vettel's incredible achievement but I would say puts it on hold until he proves his worth once again (just like everyone else) in 2014. So my conclusion is, as this era has come to a close, Sebastian Vettel was the absolute master of "the big front wing era". Same as Schumi was dominate in the "grooved tyres era" but his status cemented after not only dominating in 2 different eras of formula one, but winning multiple races and titles. I think that is the difference at this stage.

I hope this puts it into more perspective for you and Jem WeRic(whats yer real name btw, I think we deserve that by now). I post this cause there was a similiar statement from you in another thread questioning if Vettel really is a deserving champion, and that it might be more the car than the driver...

http://www.pitpass.c...Worthy-Champion

Oh he's certainly a worthy champ, no question, and I don't even dislike him, I just think he hasn't yet done what some of the other 'greats' have, which is show what they can do when they have a bad car. To be fair, he hasn't had the chance yet other than his rookie season.

This is one of things i'm looking forward to next year (not as much as kimi v alonso though!) - the cars will be very different and I cant wait to see how vettel gets on with an entirely different set of rules. He's the undisputed king of 2009-2013 f1 cars and deserves his titles. Now I want to see him in a badly designed car and see what he does with it.

Absolutely, if he is still at the front or there abouts, well you know when someone is wringing the neck of it, I will respect him even more. That IMO will satisfy most.

Add to that Vettel being chosen by a landslide as the best driver by the team principals. Alonso being second and Kimi third.

To twist Webbers famous words, not bad for a #1.

I too think Vettel will be hard to beat next year.

Taki Inoue has signed a multi year deal to partner Sutil and will bring billion dollar sposorship. Outsiders tip Inoue to take 2014 title.

That's a surprise. All the pundits were convinced that Inoue was gonna partner Yuji Ide at Simtek!

Yeah I see that story to, iam reading that one now, darn press, see, when your a top notch driver, the media always twists your story.