Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

Schumi

Wow, just wow, I mean at first it sounded like just a bump on the head and I was like ohh big deal, but this has turned out to be very serious and doctors are now saying his condition could take days to peak. So the bad part might not have came yet.

Relatively stable, they performed another operation last night but it seems he is more stable than yesterday when things looked more grim.

Two hours long surgery last night. They eliminated the hematoma. The intra cranial pressure has imrproved.

They ask for the umpteenth time if he is out of danger ("yeah, we put a band aid and that's it. It's just that we crave the attention and wanted to take a few selfies with Schumi" geez...)

Of course he is not. Still critical hours ahead but with more hopes.

We are here to tell you what has happened in the past 24 hours, not what will happen in the next 24.

Again, they say he is better than yesterday.

No predictions yet.

Schumi will not be moved to Germany, will stay there.

There are other lesions and they want to work on them now, they want to take their time which yesterday they couldnt

They were surprised about his improvement and that helped their work and take some decisions but they can't say he is out of danger.

No planned new press conferences. They will talk when they think there's something new to say.

Still a lot of hemorrhagia, but all the conference seemed to bring the slightest ray of hope.

And I think that's it.

Once again, thanks to "Quite One" for the step by step updates, iam not able to check the news ATM as much as I would like to so much appreciated for taking the time to inform us who are unaware. Thankyou.

No worries, I am as shocked and hoping for the best as all of us.

BTW the name is Andres.

Ohh ok, nice to meet you formally. My name is Chris, but my mates call me Chriso, you know how the Aussies do it, always an "o" or an "a" added on the end like Bobbo or Makka. You may call me by what ever suits you. Good to see most of the driving fraternity has given tributes. It shows you how they honestly feared him as a competitor, with calling him a fighter and such. It's quite humble to hear other people I respect, show respect when needed. Shows you, what ever happens on track is racing, what happens of it, that's life.

Man, his family must have faced such a difficult situation in letting him undergo a second operation. Props to Corinna & her children for being by his bedside.

Indeed. That is definitely like being between a rock and a hard place.

Every small improvement is hope I guess.

Time for positive thinking, he will be fine and be back to his energetic, vibrant ways that this 44 yr old,25 yr old looking man does. Shouldn't have retired mate, should have stuck it out and moved on to the lesser demanding formula e that's about to take of. The sport would get its star driver it so needs to take of and be popular and who knows, he might have dominated that to. Now I just read some Journo was disguised as a bishop to try and gain access to Michael's room. Is this for real? Seriously, how low are these clowns?

Well this is the story. Where he was skiing there where two different downhill runs, one on the left and one on the right and thick deep snow in the middle. One of his friends got stuck in the deep snow so Michael went in to help him. Once Michael got going again and apparently not that fast at all, he hit a rock which then catapulted him into the air hitting his head on another rock. So that's the story his reporter has told the press anyway. Hope that sheds some light into the "unknown" situation.

They took a brain scan and there was some (little) improvement

Yes. Apparently he admitted that it was Hill's fault.

Sorry.

My way of dealing with it.....

Extremely disturbed that a journo disguised as a priest or something tried to enter Schumi's room. Given Schumi's fragile condition, any other person's presence there could be dangerous in terms of infection.

Extremely disturbed that a journo disguised as a priest or something tried to enter Schumi's room. Given Schumi's fragile condition, any other person's presence there could be dangerous in terms of infection.

People don't care when large amounts of money are up for grabs. Could you imagine the price for those hospital pics. Money, root of all evil.

I wasn't referring to the different ways people react to a brain trauma when I said contradictory, but referring to some reports saying he got up and walked away and just appeared shaken whereas other reports saying he was treated where he fell. By the sounds of it he was agitated and didn't respond to questions properly, which is when they know something is not right.

I remember Natasha Richardson's accident. She was slightly different again in that she even went back to the hotel afterwards and I remember it was a good few hours later before she worsened. If I remember correctly, she was only just learning to ski, or a beginner at least, so you have to imagine she wouldn't have been travelling quickly, it just goes to show you that you can just be really unlucky.

By the sounds of it, the medical personnel imagine Schumi was travelling at some speed, presumably from the fact that he has still suffered this injury even while wearing a helmet. It also sounds like he was already in a coma when he got to Grenoble and that they have kept him in a coma, although that bit was slightly un-clear. They also keep his body temperature down while in the coma, I think to try and reduce any activity that may harm his brain, like responding to stimulae.

Yes that's how I understood it when you first said "contradictory", so there is no confusion here. It was in regards to the media reports about his condition immediately afterwards.

As for the journo disguised as a priest. He needs to be named and shamed. Someone knows who he is, and I hope this scum get's publicly exposed. My top 2 guesses are he's either British, or French. I can't imagine a US journo doing this, not because they aren't scum, but because Schumi just isnt' that big of a deal in the US of A. German perhaps? maybe, but we've seen the history of English and French tabloids airing peoples private business. So if the journo isn't either of these nationalities, unless he was freelance, he's working for a tabloid from either of these 2 countries. That's my speculation on that.

Hey monkey, happy new year mate.

Yeah it's disgusting, it's the photos that they want. It's not like his family's going to go "well since your here, well have a chat". Wtf is wrong with some people.

The media coverage of this has not surprisingly been pretty poor - a journo posing as a priest to gain access... how low can you get?

And, the inevitable "speed was a factor in his injury..." - it was inevitable that at some stage a headline like this was going to come out.... It was interesting to see his assistant's comments that actually he wasn't going that fast and was just unlucky.

Anyway, hoping he pulls through OK. If you've ever read Richard Hammond's book about his high-speed crash where he had head injuries, the recovery process takes a long time and manifests itself in odd ways - like selective memory loss, brain fog, etc.

The media coverage of this has not surprisingly been pretty poor - a journo posing as a priest to gain access... how low can you get?

And, the inevitable "speed was a factor in his injury..." - it was inevitable that at some stage a headline like this was going to come out.... It was interesting to see his assistant's comments that actually he wasn't going that fast and was just unlucky.

Anyway, hoping he pulls through OK. If you've ever read Richard Hammond's book about his high-speed crash where he had head injuries, the recovery process takes a long time and manifests itself in odd ways - like selective memory loss, brain fog, etc.

Yeah it's crazy, but you can't imagine him any other way than his energetic, vibrant self can you? I mean he just seemed invincible, even mentally he was solid as a rock. I Beleive he wouldn't put himself at risk, I mean he was in there helping his mate for crying out loud, just a freak accident. There has been some footage of the chopper leaving the snow and it looks like plenty of people where there to help him, so he is in the best possible hands and has been right from the beginning so of anything does happen out of this, it isn't through lack of trying.