Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Angellica

Senna Dvd

Hey guys, long time no speak. I am still alive, have to say 2013 turned out to not be a good year for me one way or another and I didn't mean to disappear on you, hopefully I will be around again more now.

Anyway, Senna dvd, I got this for Christmas and I watched it today. Wow, a really good watch if you've never seen it. I know a lot of people who cried at the end, I have to say I didn't, but I was moved. As I say if you haven't already seen it, and I suspect most people have, it's a worth watching.

Agreed! I also own the DVD (I bet we all do) and any f1 fan who hasn't seen it needs to stop their entire life and obtain it immediately.

I remember being a bit surprised at how the driver meetings went down back then, with the then-FIA-president Balestre.

No f1 films ever and then we get 'Senna' and 'Rush' within the space of 3 years - both brilliant

Oooh, I am hoping to get Rush for my birthday, I don't go to the cinema, I wait for the dvds you see. Looks awesome though :)

It really is - I wasn't even born in 1976 (the season which the film is based on) but as an f1 anorak I loved every minute of that movie and would happily watch it again

Oh I was born but was too young to be watching F1 back then, of course I remember James Hunt being on the news then as a commentator with dear old Murray. I can't wait to see it.

Love the senna film and can't wait to see rush. Love how he doesn't back down from ballestrie in the driver briefings.

I have to say the Senna film didn't change my opinion of him, but it did make me look at Prost with new eyes. Balestre was such a joy wasn't he? Those driver meetings were a real eye opener.

I have to say the Senna film didn't change my opinion of him, but it did make me look at Prost with new eyes. Balestre was such a joy wasn't he? Those driver meetings were a real eye opener.

It showed me how good Senna really was. We didnt see that stuff at the time so we were unaware the extent of his battle of the circuit as well as on. Bellestrie tried to rig it for Prost on more ways than one and that to me is when we saw Ayrtons true colors. His fighting spirit, his never say die attitude and still excelled over all this bs. Simply amazing, could you imagine Hamilton? He would be curled up in a fetal position in the garage corner sucking his thumb and crying his eyes out.