Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Lotus Signs New Sponsor!

http://www.jamesalle...is-ring-fenced/

Apparently they have their 2014 budget secured and perhaps a little more. Another site reports that the Quantum deal is being resurrected. At least, according to Ijaz which is not exactly the most trustworthy guy in the paddock these days, but...well, one can only hope. Ruhan had already said something to this effect a while ago as well.

I really want to see if Romain has matured as much as it seemed last season. They already allowed Petrov to mature nicely (I think the guy deserved a better shot at F1, he had talent, the problem is that F1 is overcrowded right now). Perhaps they will do something with Maldonado whose raw talent is undeniable, he just need to learn some manners and finesse.

In any case, I have a soft spot for this team. Despite not being anymore my beloved renault with black paint (the last renault cars were pure, unadulterated crap anyways) these guys have taken an almost dead team (Renault), rebuilt it with all the pros and cons that come from being a small team and turned it into a big player again. They brought back Kimi ffs! It's a story of disappointments, ingenuity, drama and success. What's not to like?

Roll on 2014!

I think they finally copped that Mansoor Ijaz & his 'Quantum' business was completely fraudulent. This sponsorship along with the money Maldonado brings should be able to put Lotus into the black & secure their place on the 2014 grid slot and finally pay of Kimi & everyone else off for 2013.

Saxo Bank is a tainted sponsor due to Bjarne Riis' and his doping history in professional cycling. I know this does not reflect on Saxo Bank, but they kept supporting Riis as the head of the cycling team when he even admitted to having used drugs in the past. And of course that spindly little bad sportsman Contador was part of his team. Anyway, that's a whole other kettle of fish to fry on another day.

I guess it's good for Lotus they have a new sponsor. Quantum and Ijaz are nothing by frauds. I can't believe this idiocy that it keeps popping up in the news again. Lopez has to be the stupidest crook around to think Ijaz and Quantum are anything other than a fictitious non entity with NO money.

I think the only way Kimi, Valesschi and others will get their payments will be once court proceedings start. The only people fooled by the Quantum Round 3 scam, are the guillable or truly desperate.

Why doesn't the actual lotus brand go to court and ask for there name to have no affiliation with the formula one team and not to be used as any person who follows f1,has deep pockets and is in on the market for a new sports car, certainly going to drive past the lotus shop now, instead of maybe stopping in and having a decent look, which he might have done in the past. Heck I know I would. This is the negative affect this team will draw to the actually manufacturer who is innocent in this whole fruit bowl full of cactus.

The only Lotus I've ever liked was the Esprit. That is still one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen. All the other lightweight stuff just lookes like Mazda Miata/MX5 or Atom/Arial/Caterham rigs. I'm not that familiar with Lotus' catalog of cars to be honest, but I do know the Esprit was one of their best looking at least.

As for why they don't go to court, it's a mutual back scratching thing. Lopez uses's Lotus' name for free, and Lotus get free promotion. It won't last. Eventually whoever owns Lotus and I'm sure they will be sold again at some point, will put a stop to it, and hopefully properly re-invigorate the name. Re-lauch the Esprit for starters and do away with the kit car things they've been selling.

I did say Ijaz was all mouth and trousers but I am mystified as to what level of due diligence Lotus actually ran on the guy. In reality, probably just a Dun & Bradstreet screen. Not good enough in this day and age. Lopez is another chancer and he just scraped out of this one. I thought Saxo made salt?

I did say Ijaz was all mouth and trousers but I am mystified as to what level of due diligence Lotus actually ran on the guy. In reality, probably just a Dun & Bradstreet screen. Not good enough in this day and age. Lopez is another chancer and he just scraped out of this one. I thought Saxo made salt?

Hahah lol, I also heard Williams are on the verge with sighing a deal with Martini racing, and may use the old martini racing livery. How awesome will that look? Here's what I guess it's an artists impression.

http://www.gptoday.com/details/view/476267/Williams_on_brink_of_announcing_Martini_Racing_deal_for_2014_and_beyond/

Martini colours would be cool (any change from the boring blue & white would be good I suppose).

I used to drive a Saxo.

The Williams Martini thing would be cool, but I can't see it happening.

I think someone went to this website http://sundayafterno...retro-liveries/

and wrote an article about it as though it was going to happen, or in the journalists world some form of scoop masked as FACT.

I love the mockups though. Wish we got some real effort from the teams to make the paint jobs look great. Is it just me, or do the cars with tobacco sponsorship still all look better than the current ones we've have the past decade?

f1-old-brabham-1024x6561.jpg?w=600

f1-old-lotus-1024x6564.jpg?w=600

f1-old-jordan-1024x6562.jpg?w=600

f1-old-williams-1024x6561.jpg?w=600

f1-old-mclaren-1024x6561.jpg?w=600

f1-old-benetton-1024x6561.jpg?w=600

I've always loved the yellow Jordan's and there snake/hornet/shark livery always a beautiful car.

You're totally right koolmonkey. Mobile-fag-packets definitely looked a lot better than today's corporate colour schemes to fit in with vodafone, ing, santander etc.

And good on Jordan for using some creativity with the hornets, why has no-one done anything similar since!