Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Mclaren Mp4-29 Launched

I think it could be a fake, no offense but that looks exactly like the market ones I can get here in aus, just the craftsmanship isn't 100% and iam pretty sure Mclaren actually has Mclaren on there shirt aswell. Tag doesn't mean a thing, my fake Schumi Mercedes team shirt has a tag aswell.

It wasn't purchased at a market however, but at a sports store that had changed hands and was selling old stock. When I mean old stock, I mean shoes that were 6 years old, still brand new, but old enough the rubber was perishing. Old rugby jerseys and so on, old models of soccer boots, you name it, they were clearing out all this old stuff. I got a $300 pair of soccer boots for $9. They looked amazing, but after 10mins on the field, the sole on one boot had failed. That's how old this stuff was. So it falls into line that this shirt could be genuine in that sense, because they don't have any F1 stuff from what I've seen. I was just in their yesterday and have have still half a dozen older soccer jerseyse from M Utd, LA Galaxy with Beckham on the back and so on and from having owned quite a few cheap a## Thailand ebay knockoffs, these seemed genuine.

Is there any way to tell if it is genuine or not? I've seen nothing in this sports store to suggest they sell any fakes of anything.

The stitching on this shirt seems very high quality. But not knowing anything about it, it would be interesting to know if there is some way to find out what year shirt it is, and whether it's kosher or not.

The material too is solid, like you would find on a proper work shirt. I have a genuine Indycar Newman Haas pit crew shirt from 1993, the same year and team Nigel Mansell won the championship with, and the stitching on that is equal to the McLaren shirt in quality.

$_57.JPG

Lucky you get any f1 merchandise, we get nothing, have to go to the market just to get a rip off f1 shirt only to find the color is incorrect or a misspelled sponsor or something. I remember I brought a Ferrari team shirt from the local markets once, big mistake as the Bridgestone logo was spelt "bidgestone"

There's no shops in UK where you can buy stuff, can't you just order it online?

I've got a mclaren t-shirt I bought at Monza but everything else is off the internet.

post-480-0-31716300-1391318811_thumb.jpg

post-480-0-68289800-1391318851_thumb.jpg

post-480-0-60387400-1391318940_thumb.jpg

Here's some pics.

Thats not an F1 team shirt, there used to be other racing series (like F3000) I think which had west/mercedes logos so it could be that.

The mclaren f1 shirts were grey

I don't think it's a team shirt like the pink Mansell one I have, but rather a "team shirt" to sell to the masses. I've seen the McLaren grey ones, the orange ones etc. I guess my only query was whether it was genuine or not. As in, genuine merchandise and not a genuine pit crew shirt actually worn by the team. And even then, they have various outfits depending on what they are doing too. So some days, they are in t-shirts, others more formal wear.