Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Mclaren Mp4-29 Launched

I'm getting the "anteater" nose thing now. It's to channel as much air as possible under the chassis. Looks like the Lotus will sport a Walrus nose. Love live the Walrus II.

I don't like that McLaren doesn't have a new title sponsor. I was really hoping for a new big player to come in like Gillette or something.

If Gillette came in then Jenson would have to shave his majestic beard off :( Liking the livery. Not too keen on that nose though but it'll eventually grow on me.

Love the new car, love how they are bringing back the lowered nose cone, weather it's an "anteater" or not the lowered nose looks alot more at home than those raised noses, it's simply stunning and usually from past experiences, don't the best looking and tidier looking package cars usually the fastest?

Yup, looks like an elephant trunk with some erectile dysfunction...That's the design of some drunkard...

Wait...Kimi, you idiot! We told you not to mess with the CAD program!

The thing I don't understand is the vent in the nose cone, won't that create more drag? The only way I can see that working is if its channeled to the back of the car, isn't that another form of drs? Have Ferrari found a loop hole? And made some groundbreaking innovation?

McLaren really need a fast car this year after last season, this one isn't too bad to look at comapred to some. Maybe the colour makes a difference to how ugly they look, this is more subtle looking I reckon.

mclaren cars often look lovely but arent always fast. The '04 and '06 mclarens looked very pretty but werent title-contenders

I loved the Darth Vader McLaren. And it was one of the quickest cars they ever made. Love live 2005!

Ohh what a wicked name for it monkey, iam going to call it that too from now on of that's ok.

This goes back to your point webric about cars looking better when they were sponsored by cigarette-brands.

And the 'West' colours looked great on the mclaren.

Ohh absolutly and the gauloises blondes that sponsored Ligier, benson and hedges who sponsored jordan and of course Marlboro on the maccas and ferraris, just doesn't carry the same appeal I mean f1 in general compared to the 80s/90s

Speaking of the West McLaren, I have a brand new pit shirt I picked up for a steal on the sales rack of the local sports store. I have no idea what year it's from with regards to McLaren gear. I really really want it to be from 2005 though. You guys know how I can find out what year it's from? It's a proper pit shirt too, not a knockoff from what I can see.

Lucky you get any f1 merchandise, we get nothing, have to go to the market just to get a rip off f1 shirt only to find the color is incorrect or a misspelled sponsor or something. I remember I brought a Ferrari team shirt from the local markets once, big mistake as the Bridgestone logo was spelt "bidgestone"