Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apples127

Sounds About Engine Noise

I think the race was pretty exciting toward the end. The noise is a shame but I'm not in favour of artificially making it louder either. Thats just ghey.

I think Vettel hit the nail on the head when he said that F1 is supposed to fearce, fast, loud and dangerous

Well that's the stupidest thing vettel has come out with to date, does anyone want to see a repeat of the Senna/Ratzenberger weekend. If I never see 2 rivers die again it would be to soon

Don't want to see any drivers die at all, as much as I hate to say it but Vettel is right. This is the pinnacle of Motorsport therefore I Beleive they should be driving the most crazy machines but as for the sound deciding the entertainment for me, no thanks, honestly the sound doesn't bother me. We have seem awesome racing, wheel to wheel, drivers sliding every where, whats not to like about it? Sure if they can come up with a solution to make the cars sound better, yeah iam all for it, but if it means we loose what we got now, no thanks, leave it how it is if that's the case.

Don't want to see any drivers die at all, as much as I hate to say it but Vettel is right. This is the pinnacle of Motorsport therefore I Beleive they should be driving the most crazy machines but as for the sound deciding the entertainment for me, no thanks, honestly the sound doesn't bother me. We have seem awesome racing, wheel to wheel, drivers sliding every where, whats not to like about it? Sure if they can come up with a solution to make the cars sound better, yeah iam all for it, but if it means we loose what we got now, no thanks, leave it how it is if that's the case.

Agreed Webric, F1 drivers are gladiators and it's the danger & thrill of speed that pumps the adrenalin for some - like James Hunt said in the movie Rush. I don't want to see any drivers die either but to put risk and what attracts F1 drivers into perspective how many of them would still race if the cars only did speeds of 60kph and they had full roll cages around them? Not many I would think.

I agree if they can fix the sound then everyone is happy and I can't see how that would impact performance. It will obviously take a while for the other teams to catch Mercedes up as I reckon what we have at the moment is too predictable and therefore not as entertaining as 2011 or 12 (whichever one it was) when we had a different winner for the first 6 races of the season. Now that's what I call entertainment.

Yeah they should be tested to the limits, that means they can use as many tyres as they like, bring back refuelling to allow another strategy to implement and more horsepower. I also think the way they carry on when it rains by delaying the start or safety car start, sometimes is a bit pedantic, I remember them starting in much worse conditions and completing the race to. So all in all, I've said it before and ill say it again, bring back the v10s, wider chassis, long suspension to make further traction in width of the chassis, that alone would create more overtaking as it is increasing mechanical grip. With the circuit safety today I can't see why it can't be done, then we can get rid of the artificial overtaking aids.

Yes definitely any measures to develop mechanical grip, refueling also good and use the limit at whatever rate they please. Maybe even bring back qualifying tyres so we get to see who is the absolute fastest driver for that weekend

Can anyone explain why my topic's I've started through this forum have been rolled into one and the topic title now changed? Has someone at GP Today been doing some house keeping?

Probably just that apples, but back on topic, IMO f1 was at its best "overtaking" wise and entertainment from 1990-97 after that they started ruining the sport IMO. I mean just look at how awesome ferraris f310b is, IMO the best ever looking f1 car with its nice wide aggressive stance on the road.

MichaelFerrari97.jpg

Formula one as at its peak then IMO, now it's just an experiment every year.

Yeah the 2 meter wide cars looked great, I prefer the earlier 1990's front end/nose look before everyone started doing the Benetton style sharky thing.post-4268-0-27037900-1399980594_thumb.jp

Can anyone explain why my topic's I've started through this forum have been rolled into one and the topic title now changed? Has someone at GP Today been doing some house keeping?

Yep.

You must not start a new thread when there is already a thread on the same topic. (Use the search feature!)

From the GPT Forum Terms & Rules: http://www.gptoday.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

We had repetitive threads about this topic and about Sebastian Vettel, so I rolled them into one.

On the topic, I have to say I'm used to the current sound now, and appreciative of it. Less harsh on the ears for these often-times early morning races. ;)

And another positive, maybe if I get a chance to attend a gp, they won't be so harsh on my young boys ears, I take them to the v8 supercars, even though they love it, it is still quite loud for them and even with the attiquit ppe it is still damaging to developing ears, so now I could take them to a race without fear of damaging there hearing. It only takes 97db to damage your hearing, weather it's minor or major,it's still damaging.

Yeah the 2 meter wide cars looked great, I prefer the earlier 1990's front end/nose look before everyone started doing the Benetton style sharky thing.post-4268-0-27037900-1399980594_thumb.jp

another beautiful car.

Well, it will be intresting to finally find out how good Jarno Trulli is.

I know how good he is, he was beating Alonso until he got sacked by Renault. And Button beat Trulli at Renault. Ergo Button is better than Alonso!

Haha no, yes he was "beating" alonso but it didnt last long, alonso was gradually improving dont forget he was basically a rookie after sitting out 2002. You could only really say that those early years at Renault (03,04) were his best, other than that, he was just a number to make up the grid IMO.

Listening to the video clip at Barcelona with Mercedes megaphone doesn't sound like it's fixing the problem. If anything it sounded a bit false & amplified - almost ridiculous. I think this engine configuration is what it is :((

Seriously it can't be that hard, how easy can you modify a road cars exhaust note? They just made a quick mock up to get a days testing, when they most likely have to replace the whole exhaust system which will most likely be heavier. They knew they wernt doing this for the love of the sport, they just went testing, simple as that, feels like de ja vu.

On a road car just drill a hole in the exhaust and bobs your uncle! 10 times louder (not a good thing on the road though...) would that not work in f1 too?

Well, it will be intresting to finally find out how good Jarno Trulli is.

Trulli is NOT Formula E so he's irrelevant to FE's success. He's just going to drive for one of the teams there. And I don;t expect him to excel.

Well his the biggest name, is he not? Well it's shall be intresting.