Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Testing Starts...

I second that, maybe kimi might need the dudesons to dig a hole and cover it with sticks as this is the only thing that will stop fernando.

I shall remember this

Indeed you shall. Brad, if iam wrong, ill admit that and you know I will after all, I admit Vettel is good no matter how much I hate him.

Quiet morning so far, Hamilton has done the most in his Merc, followed by Vergne. Hammie just did a 1m27.621s and has unfortunately now gone into the barriers on the next lap, with bodywork coming off....The only 2 who have done some laps, there were installation laps for Kimi, Perez and Gutierrez. No installation laps for RedBull and co yet

11:46 Scratch that - it seems Hamilton is in the Turn 1 barriers. Marshals are picking up bodywork on the main straight.

11:49 Looks like a fair bit of damage on the W05. The course car and marshals are cleaning the circuit well before Turn 1 too.

11:59 AUTOSPORT's spotters on the ground confirm that it was a front wing failure Mercedes are referring to.

It shattered well before Turn 1 and left Hamilton a helpless passenger, in much the same way as Fernando Alonso's wing broke in Malaysia last year.

Hamilton was able to climb out the car and appeared unhurt.

post-1015-0-21154500-1390910795.jpg

Apparently Marussia have packed there car and sent it to Jerez.

Looking even clearer now that in this first test we're not going to get any indication at all of who is where in terms of competitiveness. Adrian Newey has said that they won't be working on competitive times until they get to Bahrain.

Ferrari's "secret testing" obviously didnt help then seeing as Kimi was first to break down!

Looking even clearer now that in this first test we're not going to get any indication at all of who is where in terms of competitiveness. Adrian Newey has said that they won't be working on competitive times until they get to Bahrain.

true with system checks an all for Jerez

Very slow at the mo...

13:09 Five hours in, and still only five teams have ventured out. The order so far is:

1 Hamilton, Mercedes: 1m27.820s, 18 laps

2 Raikkonen, Ferrari: 1m29.474s, 11 laps

3 Vergne, Toro Rosso: 1m36.530s, 11 laps

4 Gutierrez, Sauber: no time, 5 laps

5 Perez, Force India: no time, 1 lap

Very slow at the mo...

13:09 Five hours in, and still only five teams have ventured out. The order so far is:

3 Vergne, Toro Rosso: 1m36.530s, 11 laps

4 Gutierrez, Sauber: no time, 5 laps

I wonder if we're seeing the advantage of being a factory team here, with Mercedes and Ferrari having the car out and running for some laps while Red Bull and McLaren have not done even installation laps yet. Putting the car together must be easier when you've been the one to have designed and developed the power unit.

I wonder if we're seeing the advantage of being a factory team here, with Mercedes and Ferrari having the car out and running for some laps while Red Bull and McLaren have not done even installation laps yet. Putting the car together must be easier when you've been the one to have designed and developed the power unit.

touched on a very good point there Ikyrotz...

really wonder what the "silly issue" with the RB10 is...

14:04 With two hours to go, the leaderboard has changed little since our last update:

3 Vergne, Toro Rosso: 1m36.530s, 14 laps

4 Gutierrez, Sauber: 1m42.257s, 7 laps