Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Mercedes W05

Did you know Jack's grandson Sam Brabham is on the motorsport ladder too? Stepped up to cars from karts last year. Came 4th in the 2013 british formula ford championship.

I was actually surprised to see Jack Brabham is still alive, cos you never really hear from him. Mind you he is 87 now. The oldest surviving f1 race-winner (thanks wikipedia!)

Shame to see Josh Hill (Damon's son) gave up racing last year, it wasn't for him.

Nice anorak knowledge I like it! And admire it.

There must be more father/son combos out there. Did Emerson Fittipaldi's son ever get an f1 drive?

No I'm thinking of his nephew Christian.

But I wear a poncho! :P

Did you know Jack's grandson Sam Brabham is on the motorsport ladder too? Stepped up to cars from karts last year. Came 4th in the 2013 british formula ford championship.

I was actually surprised to see Jack Brabham is still alive, cos you never really hear from him. Mind you he is 87 now. The oldest surviving f1 race-winner (thanks wikipedia!)

Shame to see Josh Hill (Damon's son) gave up racing last year, it wasn't for him.

Saw some of Josh's races when he came here to do the Toyota Race Series last season (or was it the one before? Been working too hard, missed too much of life...haha). He was capable, but was not close to (or looked like getting close to) the guys up the front. A couple of them have made it to F Ren3.5 etc since. Perhaps for him it was a case of too young, too early. Perhaps we'll see him back in something when he is a bit older.