Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Schumi To Wake Out Of Coma?

I found this story, I know management has stated not to Beleive anything unless they say it, but it's getting to much now and any story you read on him, you take with a grain of salt, well I do, as some times these stories are leaked before management only confirms it a short time later. But apparently Schumi has been woken from his coma and that is all I know, here is the story.

http://www.gptoday.com/details/view/477179/Michael_Schumacher_being_woken_up_from_induced_coma_reports/

Apparently, management confirmed that they are reducing the medication so as to slowly bring him out of the coma, but they warn that it may take a long time.

I hate to say it, but I think Schumi's gone. The only question would be if his family decide to keep him on the machines or not. I've seen the rumours about that he's brain dead and so on. I know they are only just rumour but something is going on that isn't positive progress. It's so very sad, especially for his wife and family. All those years fearing he would be hurt in the car, and he wipes out skiing and C'est la vie.

Well apparently he has been of the machines for over a fortnight now and breathing on his own, that's what I read one of the doctors saying. It's just so difficult to Beleive anything as so much crap is being thrown about and I hate to say it and I know that the family needs privacy but its that very reason these rumors are rife. Management hardly makes any updates on his situation and that's of course is going to give people time to speculate, so there partly to blame for all these rumors. I know it's not fair but that's the price you pay for the level of fame and success he achieved. People just care for him and are very concerned.

Well apparently he has been of the machines for over a fortnight now and breathing on his own, that's what I read one of the doctors saying. It's just so difficult to Beleive anything as so much crap is being thrown about and I hate to say it and I know that the family needs privacy but its that very reason these rumors are rife. Management hardly makes any updates on his situation and that's of course is going to give people time to speculate, so there partly to blame for all these rumors. I know it's not fair but that's the price you pay for the level of fame and success he achieved. People just care for him and are very concerned.

I know what you mean, but when you have journalists dressing up to try and gain access to Schumi's room, the more it drops out the main stream news, the less likely the staff or family will have to deal with that type of idiot.

I agree, though, on the face of it, it's not looking too good at the moment. However, I will remain optimistic until anything official contradicts that.

So the waiting game continues, god bless your kind soul Michael, your just resting ATM from your life, as you always lived it, flatout and 110% commitment. He has given us all some of the greatest racing we will ever see and for that I think we ALL owe him something and that is atleast the support, wish we could do much more but we simply can't.

The latest reports I'm seeing are that the doctors have 'given up' on trying to wake him up but I will continue my assumption that anything other than official updates are just rubbish.

The latest reports I'm seeing are that the doctors have 'given up' on trying to wake him up but I will continue my assumption that anything other than official updates are just rubbish.

I read that to, but when I did there was a story right under it stating the the dr's said that was incorrect. Two different stories one after another, both contradicting the other, wtf? Now that's confusing.

It comes back to the view held by many of us that the hospital should be releasing more regular updates rather than allow the world (particularly the world's headline-hungry media) to speculate from week to week.

It comes back to the view held by many of us that the hospital should be releasing more regular updates rather than allow the world (particularly the world's headline-hungry media) to speculate from week to week.

I can understand what your saying Jem, but this man has lived his life with all of us, this is his time now and I think we should respect the privacy he deserves.

I agree that his privacy should be respected - but it doesn't do his own family any good when the world speculates that doctors have given up, or he's definitely not going to make it, unfounded nonsense like that - better to simply let the world know once a week that nothing has changed. This may stop his family and spokesman (and anyone who has any link to him at all) being hounded for answers

I agree that his privacy should be respected - but it doesn't do his own family any good when the world speculates that doctors have given up, or he's definitely not going to make it, unfounded nonsense like that - better to simply let the world know once a week that nothing has changed. This may stop his family and spokesman (and anyone who has any link to him at all) being hounded for answers

Yep I can agree with that.

Good. In other news, the sun seems to have remembered that Britain exists. I felt like a blind mole stepping outside the office today! Haven't had a sunny day for about 7 months! I banged my head in a children's playground yesterday. Today I paid for my wedding which takes place in May. Honeymoon in Rome. I've eaten 3 out-of-date cookies today. Still got 1 left.

Good. In other news, the sun seems to have remembered that Britain exists. I felt like a blind mole stepping outside the office today! Haven't had a sunny day for about 7 months! I banged my head in a children's playground yesterday. Today I paid for my wedding which takes place in May. Honeymoon in Rome. I've eaten 3 out-of-date cookies today. Still got 1 left.

Getting married, hahahha you poor soul, you life will be over now lol, nah only jk, hope she's a good woman, well done mate.

Getting married, hahahha you poor soul, you life will be over now lol, nah only jk, hope she's a good woman, well done mate.

Honeymoon in Rome.

Congrats.

Watch out for public transport in Rome. My wife was mugged on the train from the airport. She was OK, but passports, her cards, money and phone all gone. So had to extend stay another 24 hours until embassy opened on the Monday to get temporary passports! 1.5 hours to find police station (tried 4 different ones) and 3 hours filling in forms! Cost just under £1,200 for new flights, hotel, temporary and new passports, lost money, replacement phone, meals, most of which we had to pay up front but we got a lot back on insurance. Embassy there told us they got 6-7 similar cases *per day* (that's just one embassy who only saw people who had lost passports!!!) and whilst in the police stations there was a constant stream of people with a similar story.

Advice: ensure your travel insurance covers you well for lost/stolen documents and flight delays, keep cash, cards, passports on you, avoid public transport and buy bags/wallets from Pacsafe (through Amazon) which are designed to prevent/deter thieves.

Aside from that it is a lovely city, people, weather, food all great. Just be careful!

C

Congrats.

Watch out for public transport in Rome. My wife was mugged on the train from the airport. She was OK, but passports, her cards, money and phone all gone. So had to extend stay another 24 hours until embassy opened on the Monday to get temporary passports! 1.5 hours to find police station (tried 4 different ones) and 3 hours filling in forms! Cost just under £1,200 for new flights, hotel, temporary and new passports, lost money, replacement phone, meals, most of which we had to pay up front but we got a lot back on insurance. Embassy there told us they got 6-7 similar cases *per day* (that's just one embassy who only saw people who had lost passports!!!) and whilst in the police stations there was a constant stream of people with a similar story.

Advice: ensure your travel insurance covers you well for lost/stolen documents and flight delays, keep cash, cards, passports on you, avoid public transport and buy bags/wallets from Pacsafe (through Amazon) which are designed to prevent/deter thieves.

Aside from that it is a lovely city, people, weather, food all great. Just be careful!

C

God sounds like a nightmare! We've been to Paris which we warned about too (pickpockets etc) so we're ultra-careful with belongings.

Thanks for your advice my friend.

As for getting married, my life's already over as it is anyway lol. But she doesnt complain about me watching f1 and that's all that matters. The real test will be whether I can one day convince her to camp at silverstone for a weekend!

I'm sure you will be fine and it is a lovely place.

Funny thing is I've travelled to India, South America, Africa, etc and never had issues - it came as a bit of a shock when we had a problem in Europe when our guard was down. Forewarned is forearmed.

All the best for the wedding!

It's simple; Sabine said from the start, if there's news, we'll have it. Anything unofficial in the meantime is precisely that.

More than anyone here, I want news, but I have learned to be patient.