Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

Ross Brawn Retires

The genius legend has called it a day. Thanks for teaming up with Schumi & Ferrari to give us some of the best moments in F1. Enjoy your holidays, Ross. You earned them.

Yes, a well earned retirement. Though, is it retirement-put-your-feet-up-and-go-fishing thing, or will it just be from F1? Time shall tell, and with a brain like that, he'll want stimulus of some sort of challenge.

One of the true legends of the sport...but it was a wise decision. I do hope he comes back eventually. And Flavio as well (at Lotus!) oh, to watch some Flabby vs Marko fights!

I think we'll see him back in F1 again, or connected with F1 again. Not as a Team Principal but possibly FIA related or something along those lines. I'm sure he'll enjoy a year or two off, but I bet he'll want to get involved at some point in the future. Maybe even advising to Honda who knows. I believe him when he says he's retiring, but I still think he'll be back in F1 in some form or capacity.

What is with this guy thinking he is attractive, seriously, flavio, your hidious mate. That g-banger he is wearing, looks like something I pull of my Missus with my teeth, thanks now I've got this image now.

Yeah I know, well he must know how to use it or those models are part time actors. Looks and general appearance mean nothing when you have lots of these:$$$$$$$$$

Well, I like many others I thought Ross was 'shoe-in' at Macca but he's done for now. He will remain the only team boss to have created a WCC and WDC-winning car first time at bat. Quite why Merc with their millions had such a difficult birth, we shall never know but RB was seemingly losing his mojo as the seasons rolled by and then Wolff and Lauda arrived and I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be in the same space as those guys. So, not only have we seen the death of the Team Principal role at both Merc and McLaren, the advent of a Racing CEO is upon us too. It'a all too much for me. The privateers of old were responsible for everything but 90% of the time their own bank balance was at stake. I think it is right that you have a tech chief and a business chief reporting to the owners. More than that and discord creeps in.

The genius legend has called it a day. Thanks for teaming up with Schumi & Ferrari to give us some of the best moments in F1. Enjoy your holidays, Ross. You earned them.

Yet you despise Vettel and RBR for doing exactly the same thing Jay?

He's just all confused that we down-trou'ed India in the one-dayers, so you'll have to bear with him talking nonsense at the moment. :P:D

Thanks for teaming up with Schumi & Ferrari to give us some of the best moments in F1.

I'm sure what you meant to write was "thanks for teaming up with Jenson Button to give us some of the best moments inf f1'!!

And yet raging fat Flav has bedded more supermodels than you or anyone of us will ever oogle. Money and power > good looks, honesty, romance and charm.

Only for a certain kind of lady (and in the glamourous world of f1 there's plenty of those ladies/golddiggas). I have no interest in bedding supermodels who only want my cash (if I actually had cash), so who really has the wealth?

Like the rest of you I also think Brawn will be back in F1 at some point. But whether he is or not, he can be very very satisfied with his achievements. What he did at Benetton & Ferrari is a remarkable career in itself, let alone then winning the WDC & WCC with his own team. Thanks for the memories!

He'll be back and in full swing, once Mclaren bring Honda onboard, it's crazy not to, he is just having a break.