Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Heikki's Two Races In 2013 Cost Him Seat.

How lame is that of an excuse? How can you judge heikki in those two races? It's alot to get used to in short time, but anyway I just can't see how Ericsson's unknown f1 background compared to an experienced and race winner and can score points. Heikki and Kamui IMO would have been the better choice, but here is the article anyway.

http://m.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/306379/caterham-kovalainen-hurt-by-lotus-stint/

Well if there worried about heikki's performance, what, they hold Ericsson higher than Kovalainen?

In the article it implies Fernandes was making his choice between Heikki and Kamui rather than between Hekki and Marcus. Caterham know Heikki inside out from his time there as a race-driver.

Does Marcus bring money? Perhaps Heikki would need to command a much bigger salary. I know Kamui is racing for free this year voluntarily, that must've played a part in the decision too.

Yeah well true, Ericsson would have to bring money, he already sounds like an idiot, saying that Pastor has a reputation of taking people out and he will stay out of his way, shouldn't be much of an issue where the Caterham is running.

Yeah well true, Ericsson would have to bring money, he already sounds like an idiot, saying that Pastor has a reputation of taking people out and he will stay out of his way, shouldn't be much of an issue where the Caterham is running.

Where's the idiocy in that statement? Maldonaldo does has his fair share of "racing incidents" (of which he seems to never admit to being his fault, something Nigel Roebuck has said). I too would be trying to stay out of the way, especially as the Marussia is "likely" to be lapped by the Maldy-one, and he hasn't shown too much patience in the past in terms of trying to overtake.

Where's the idiocy in that statement? Maldonaldo does has his fair share of "racing incidents" (of which he seems to never admit to being his fault, something Nigel Roebuck has said). I too would be trying to stay out of the way, especially as the Marussia is "likely" to be lapped by the Maldy-one, and he hasn't shown too much patience in the past in terms of trying to overtake.

Well for starters he is a rookie, he came accross to me as a veteran making a statement about a fellow driver he has come across numerous times. He should have respect for any driver in this category he is stepping into, after a bit of experience under his belt, then statements like this would be a bit more acceptable.

While I agree Heikki's form at Lotus was rubbish, it's been shown over the years that few if any drivers do well in that situation. JV did just as bad when he jumped in the Renault all those years ago. Fisi, well that was horrible to see, as he wasn't that terrible a driver. There's simply no chance for a driver to just jump in an excel, since we have no testing for the 3rd drivers, reserve drivers and so on.

I don't think any driver unless it's from a team they have already driven for, can just jump in, get into Q3, and get points in 2-3 races. But let's say Ricci gets an injury and RBR, ask Webber to come back for 3-4 months. In that circumstance, he'd do ok, since he's going back to a team and car he knows, even if the car is quite different.

But going to a new team to fill in for another driver at a moments notice, it's a disaster. Clearly the Hulk got some good advice on staying away. I remember Salo doing well at Ferrari, but that was back in the days of actual testing going on.

But I also think Heikki is a convenient scapegoat for Caterham. They can now look like they picked Kamui purely on form, when it was his money and sponsorship links that sealed the deal. Heikki was already scolded somewhat by Caterham in saying that any driver needed to bring sponsorship with them. And Heikki was against. Thus I have a feeling Kovi was never in the running for the Caterham seat anyway.

Well for starters he is a rookie, he came accross to me as a veteran making a statement about a fellow driver he has come across numerous times. He should have respect for any driver in this category he is stepping into, after a bit of experience under his belt, then statements like this would be a bit more acceptable.

So he's never watched the tele then? Never read an Autosport or a Motorsport? Hmmmm....eusa_think.gif

So he's never watched the tele then? Never read an Autosport or a Motorsport? Hmmmm....eusa_think.gif

Yeah still, but when your on the circuit and your a new boy, should have respect for any driver with more experience, regardless who it is. Just my opinionz

Appreciate that, but by saying he'll stay out of the way or watch out for him, is being respectful....and mindful Pastor has a tendency to knock corners off.

Appreciate that, but by saying he'll stay out of the way or watch out for him, is being respectful....and mindful Pastor has a tendency to knock corners off.

I suppose your right, just depends on how you look at it.

I just hope I misinterpreted it others IMO he is coming of as a deuchebag already. I havnt even heard of the guy before so this is just of the first impression I got.

The trouble with these quotes is that you often can't see the question that was put to him that led to the comment. Much easier for the journalist to create the headline 'Ericsson calls Maldonado a crazy driver' but perhaps the journo asked something like 'are there are any drivers out there you're wary of', also as English isn't Ericsson's first language the word 'crazy' might not really have been what he was going for.

Or maybe he just doesn't like Venezuelans. Scandinavians and south americans couldnt be much more different.

I know how they manipulate there stories but if we can't take anything then we can't Beleive anything can we? I know what your saying though, maybe if it was set out like a proper interview, we might be able to see the question that was asked. In saying that though, even though he is a rookie and I Beleive he should have respect for any driver out there that has been around longer than him, he still has to hold his cards close to his chest, he is also a fellow rival of pastor's and can't give nothing away, we still don't know how everything will pan out yet.

I'm just too quick to see the good in people. Like Darth Vader, it's so sad because there is good in him and yet he destroyed a whole planet (well he didnt press the button but i'm sure he was in favour).

So to sum up, Marcus Ericsson is just like Darth Vader.

So in other words, a bad story line? Lol, I say that because "Vader" I Beleive is father in German, so isn't it obvious he was Lukes father? "Darth Father" is basically his name, so are we making the assumption he is a deuchebag and it will only become more clear? Lol

I believe the german for 'father' is in fact 'vater' (pronounced 'farter') but you may be right, only George Lucas knows.

Why does Vader only sense Luke's presence and doesn't sense Leia's? Or am I wrong and he actually does sense Leia's presence? Or perhaps because the force is not strong with her.

I believe the german for 'father' is in fact 'vater' (pronounced 'farter') but you may be right, only George Lucas knows.

Why does Vader only sense Luke's presence and doesn't sense Leia's? Or am I wrong and he actually does sense Leia's presence? Or perhaps because the force is not strong with her.

Your asking the wrong dude mate, wasn't into starwars.

If Heikki cannot score a point in a top team how is he going to do that in a bottom team? F1 is about results.

If Heikki cannot score a point in a top team how is he going to do that in a bottom team? F1 is about results.

He did win for Mclaren and to gauge his performance of two gp's with hardly no time to adjust to the car, really isn't a fair comparison, besides he did real well in his rookie year at Renault in 2007, couple of podiums and almost outscored Giancarlo Fisichella, so he is good, didnt you see him in Renault and Mclaren?