Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Heikki's Two Races In 2013 Cost Him Seat.

Because that was 7 years ago when Marcus was in Formula BMW UK.

What you getting at? Your not making sense. Alonso is double world champion but he hasn't won one in 8yrs, he's no good hey?

I just think its was a mistake to letting Heikki have a drive at all last year, it should of been their test driver who won GP2 the year before and Heikki never did that.

Yeah I know what your saying and yes that would have been more the "fairer" option, but in saying that Heikki has proved in the past he can be quick and score podiums and points if in the right car so I assume lotus went with him on a "safety" basis but it failed, not to Heikkis control though.

He did win for Mclaren and to gauge his performance of two gp's with hardly no time to adjust to the car, really isn't a fair comparison, besides he did real well in his rookie year at Renault in 2007, couple of podiums and almost outscored Giancarlo Fisichella, so he is good, didnt you see him in Renault and Mclaren?

If I recall correctly, he did outscore Fisichella. Unfortunately, by all accounts, his rookie season was his best (well, he had great seasons with Lotus/Caterham too, but it really doesn't count for much when you're not fighting for the points). He had a good start at McLaren, but then some bad luck and things went downhill from there. Too bad, as I really like Heikki, and I think we didn't see the best of him in a good team.

If I recall correctly, he did outscore Fisichella. Unfortunately, by all accounts, his rookie season was his best (well, he had great seasons with Lotus/Caterham too, but it really doesn't count for much when you're not fighting for the points). He had a good start at McLaren, but then some bad luck and things went downhill from there. Too bad, as I really like Heikki, and I think we didn't see the best of him in a good team.

You could be right, I actually think he got better just didnt have the luck and by the time he did, he was in a car that wouldn't do much.