Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Redbull Looking At Other Engines.

Can't do jack about it this year. Contracts aside, they have a car chassis designed around it. It's (the engine) is part of the structure, being a stressed member and what not. If they were to change engine then they have to make a whole new car.

Giancarlo Minardi is a legend but he hasn't given any explanation at all as to why he's saying "it appears Red Bull are exploring other engine options", ie where he's that got that info from or if he's just speculating.

And anyway it's been ONE test. At Bahrain the Renault teams might do hundreds of laps with no problems.

I dare say since Toro Rosso brought Minardi out and still being An Italian team, he would have some contact or dealing with the team in some sort of a way, iam sure he would. He is an avid support of this sport so it makes sense he would still be a high profile within his former team, just maybe we havnt heard much about it, I don't know just a guess, lol.

You're right he probably does have links with people at Red Bull but he hasn't been very clear about whether someone at Red Bull has actually told him that, so for now I'm going to ignore it!

I do not get first class info from Vimy nowadays but Renault brought the turbo to F1 and the 2.5 version of the 80s was mighty in every car it graced. It runs hot though, it always did and my old A610 spits, bangs and crackles every time I run it 10 miles. Even the Mecachrome boys couldn't get it to run cooler and there has been a shed load of work done on that problem. Aggressive aero won't help and that is exactly what is freaking Newey.

This looks nice though.....

http://www.boldride.com/ride/2012/renault-alpine-a110-50-concept

Insider, that Renault Alpine is absoltely stunning. I've seen pics of it before. I think Kimi even drove one for a PR day. I think he said it was Sh#t. Bad visibility, noisy, loud, hot. But it has the looks to rival any supercar ever made. I wish they go to proper production with it and make it a consumer car like the Veyron instead of a just a track car with a killer outer shell. Make it happen Renault.

Weirdly I heard something recently about Lotus/Caterham possibly making some Alpine cars. The biggest WTF !!?? Leave them out of it. Lotus havn't had a supercar since the Esprit in my opinion.

EDIT: Kimi in the Alpine

Yeah they do, there like on there 100th series of the Elise.

Ah right, they just keep making the same little car over and over again!

I guess I'd probably only know of them releasing any new car if it was featured on Top Gear.

Lotus need go out of business for awhile. Then someone can come in, someone proper, not the Malaysian Proton crew, but a proper business manager, and resurect them. Their current car is the same little tiny thing they've been releasing for years, and in my view it's flat out ugly. As I've said before, the Esprit was a dead set beautiful car. They havn't made anything that comes close since. And honestly just hearing the name Lotus turns me off big time. Too many problems, drama and mediocreness, and I"m not talking about the F1 team(s) of recent times who have used the Lotus name.

Maybe BMW or VW or someone can snap them up, and do something with the brand.

Just been reading that Lotus do also make the Exige and the Evora. A new Esprit is currently in the making too which will have a 4.8l V8 and may have KERS too.

p.s. Lotus is still owned by Proton

Just been reading that Lotus do also make the Exige and the Evora. A new Esprit is currently in the making too which will have a 4.8l V8 and may have KERS too.

p.s. Lotus is still owned by Proton

That's right, sorry had a brain fart, playing Gran Turismo 6 as we speak. The exige with the body kit looks tuff as.

That's right, sorry had a brain fart, playing Gran Turismo 6 as we speak. The exige with the body kit looks tuff as.

Is GT6 any good? Sony released it pretty quietly, compared to GT5 which was hyped for about a year and kept getting delayed.

Is GT6 any good? Sony released it pretty quietly, compared to GT5 which was hyped for about a year and kept getting delayed.

It's so-so, me personally the simple fact of not being able to do engine conversions has made me switch to forza, it's miles ahead in terms of pure enjoyment but GT is still insanely realistic. To answer your question, if you like spot on simulators, this is awesome, but just not being able to buy second hand cars like the previous gt's, makes it a grind to make money to purchase the vehicles required for certain races.

It's so-so, me personally the simple fact of not being able to do engine conversions has made me switch to forza, it's miles ahead in terms of pure enjoyment but GT is still insanely realistic. To answer your question, if you like spot on simulators, this is awesome, but just not being able to buy second hand cars like the previous gt's, makes it a grind to make money to purchase the vehicles required for certain races.

Can't buy cheaper used cars any more? I wonder why they've done that?? So do you own a ps3 AND an xbox 360 then? greedy.

Yeah 2 ps3s and 2 xbox's got a mad simulator setup for Xbox and f1 2010/11/12/13. Atleast I can live a made up dream lol. As for GT yea, it's a massive grind and quite frustrating at times but the 125cc shifter karts are awesome fun.

One Xbox is for my kids, the other is mine and one ps3 iam currently repairing (brought of a friend for $30 as it has yellow light of death) and my other ps3 is my console/blue ray player.

I've got 2 boys oldest is 7 and my youngest is 4 iam 29 I had my first when I was 22.

You're about the same as me then, I'm 30 - and I had a daughter when I was 24. She's 6 and all she wants to do is play xbox!! She prefers the lego games but she does occasionally play Burnout and Forza...