Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Redbull Woes Continue.

I can't wait to watch Massa beating both Ferrari cars - at least in Australia icon2_flag.gif

It's only testing remember - and apparently Massa's time was set on low-fuel and on super-softs, which Hamilton's best time was not. And we don't know yet how fast that Ferrari can really go. I think Williams are looking good but I don't want to get my hopes up yet!

It's only testing remember - and apparently Massa's time was set on low-fuel and on super-softs, which Hamilton's best time was not. And we don't know yet how fast that Ferrari can really go. I think Williams are looking good but I don't want to get my hopes up yet!

As much as I don't wanna to keep my hopes too high also - I know it's too early, but I still believe that Williams are in better shape than Ferrari. If Williams can beat Ferrari over the first quarter of the season, it will be a payback for Felipe already. I just want him to give harhar.gif to Ferrari

As much as I don't wanna to keep my hopes too high also - I know it's too early, but I still believe that Williams are in better shape than Ferrari. If Williams can beat Ferrari over the first quarter of the season, it will be a payback for Felipe already. I just want him to give harhar.gif to Ferrari

Apparently the Ferrari cars arnt to easy to drive, remember Eddie Irvine? Took him 2/3 seasons to get use to the car before getting solid results, Massa hasn't lost anything, just after his accident he just didnt find it again, maybe Williams is a breath of fresh air, as it certainly looks that way.

confirms what I said about software for the Renault teams..

"It is emerging that, amid the reigning world champions' obvious problems with engine partner Renault and the new turbo V6 'power unit', the actual basic design of the Adrian Newey-penned RB10 is sound. We have so much to do," he told Bild newspaper, "especially the guys responsible for the software who will now slave around the clock on 18 hour shifts."

There worried, they have said the season is two months to early. That's the only thing I dislike about f1, the constant rule changes because one team/driver is dominating, they did it and failed with Schumi and Ferrari and now there trying with Redbull and Vettel, me personally id get alot more satisfaction catching and beating them than relying on a overhaul of the sport to allow them to get beaten, not fair IMO, I thought formula one was all about developing the car to catch your rival. How many "massive" rule changes did we have in the 90's? Hardly any until the complete shake up of 1998, since then, it has become custom to changes rules every single season, why? Formula one IMO would be much more advanced if they just let it be from 94 onwards, just my opinion though.

Apparently the Ferrari cars arnt to easy to drive, remember Eddie Irvine? Took him 2/3 seasons to get use to the car before getting solid results, Massa hasn't lost anything, just after his accident he just didnt find it again, maybe Williams is a breath of fresh air, as it certainly looks that way.

Eddie didn't even start getting consistently good results until 1998 when the car was completely different to the year before!

There worried, they have said the season is two months to early. That's the only thing I dislike about f1, the constant rule changes because one team/driver is dominating, they did it and failed with Schumi and Ferrari and now there trying with Redbull and Vettel, me personally id get alot more satisfaction catching and beating them than relying on a overhaul of the sport to allow them to get beaten, not fair IMO, I thought formula one was all about developing the car to catch your rival. How many "massive" rule changes did we have in the 90's? Hardly any until the complete shake up of 1998, since then, it has become custom to changes rules every single season, why? Formula one IMO would be much more advanced if they just let it be from 94 onwards, just my opinion though.

Indeed and the 1998 rule changes were for safety (grooves to slow the cornering speeds being the main one), rather than to stop any dominance. I agree far too many rule changes in the last 10 years.

It's rediculous, with the run offs they have now, they could have kept the wider chassis and shorter wheelbase to maximise grip, stay on slick, never grooves and they still would have been safe. Makes no sense to me, even with the introduction of kers and drs I still prefer the mechanical grip over them anyday, remember when cars could get a tow from way back? Man that created better overtaking and battles than anything implemented so far. Shame :(

I've never been pro-DRS but I think it's here to stay cos it hasnt really had much of a negative reaction. And Kers I guess was to try and make f1 'relevant' to the real world as well as improve overtaking.

But the defending car deploys his own Kers so it doesnt end up improving overtaking at all. And DRS makes overtaking (to use f1's current buzz-word) artificial.

We'll never see another Hakkinen-Schumacher-Zonta overtaking move a-la Spa 2000, due to DRS.

I've never been pro-DRS but I think it's here to stay cos it hasnt really had much of a negative reaction. And Kers I guess was to try and make f1 'relevant' to the real world as well as improve overtaking.

But the defending car deploys his own Kers so it doesnt end up improving overtaking at all. And DRS makes overtaking (to use f1's current buzz-word) artificial.

We'll never see another Hakkinen-Schumacher-Zonta overtaking move a-la Spa 2000, due to DRS.

We might, but it won't be as original and authentic will it?

No, it won't. If Hakkinen had DRS back then he would've just deployed it going down that straight, and driven straight past Schuey.

who knows what other great manouevres we've missed by having DRS!

Your right about Mika but as for the overtaking without drs, it would be less iam afraid, ever since they narrowed the chassis in 1998 they have continuously had an overtaking issue. If the car is narrower you have to get alot closer to get a tow, that's why back in the day (97 especially) you would see cars get a tow from 5-6 car lengths back due to the wider chassis, which make more mechanical grip and the shorter wheel base allows to corner alot faster thus creating more overtaking opportunities as getting a tow is alot easier, now if you don't have drs, you have to be right up the clacka of the car infront to get any sort of tow, but it's a difficult position to locate as dirty air also plays a massive role into how close you can get, also with these cars, the closer you get, the more front downforce you loose. So why doesn't the FIA scrap kers and drs and just widen the chassis 100mm, shorten the wheel base, which would allow faster cornering speed and bingo, problem solved. With the football pitch size run offs, the safety standard remains the same.

In a way I agree but on the other hand if FIA did that then they would've gone full circle and would look even more silly than they already do.

And I think kers has been scrapped anyway now or am I wrong? Now they've got 'ers' rather than 'kers'

In a way I agree but on the other hand if FIA did that then they would've gone full circle and would look even more silly than they already do.

And I think kers has been scrapped anyway now or am I wrong? Now they've got 'ers' rather than 'kers'

They may look silly but it would be a relief to drivers and viewers IMO if the went back.

Indeed it would. But I'm not so sure the FIA cares as much as it should do about what the drivers and viewers want. If they did, the double-points rule would be scrapped months ago!

Amen to that, you know what iam sick about Jem? And that's bernies constant harassment to the Victorian government, threatning Aussie fans that we will loose our gp in the future if it isn't turned to a night race because all the viewers in Europe have to get up early. Well big Fnnn whoopty doo, I have to get up late or early in the morning for every race except my own and the Asian races and I leave for work at 4:30/5am, that to me sucks, but that's how I know formula one, done it for years so why change it? If Bernie wants to make this sport more popular, he has to start to cater for other countries outside Europe. I ask most my mates who are avid v8 supercar fans and they would love to watch f1 but it's i to late for them and our local station very, very rarely shows replays.

Yea it must suck for people outside of Europe; I don't think Bernie cares about viewers, he cares about sponsors' money, and sponsors want their brands to be watched by all those millions of Europeans.

So it doesn't make business sense for him to keep an Australian GP where the Euro viewers have to get up at 4am, because most viewers won't get up at 4am.

In your timezone its probably only Australians who would ever care about watching f1 (i'm not sure what other countries are in your timezone but I doubt f1 has much of a following in the far east), so you're in the worst position sadly because F1 is never going to have motivation to accomodate your part of the world

That is so true mate, finding a fellow f1 fan here is like a needle in a haystack, it's all rugby and cricket.

Sports which only Aussies and Brits care about! Although not me personally, cricket is silly.

Mind you americans are happy only paying attention to sports that take place in their own country.

Motorsport is and always has been hugely popular in the UK, I'm lucky. And probably about 70% of the f1 'circus' is british, which I find odd cos I dont really know the reasons why.

Well it seems Vettel finally has a sh1t car. If he does well in it, hopefully it'll shut his critics up about how he always has a good car.

Well it seems Vettel finally has a sh1t car. If he does well in it, hopefully it'll shut his critics up about how he always has a good car.

True, but if he does bad..............? What excuse will be used is what will entertain me the most.

That is so true mate, finding a fellow f1 fan here is like a needle in a haystack, it's all rugby and cricket.

I live and breathe it and if you don't maybe you should be elsewhere. I don't really know but I saw this coming with RBR. It has happened regularly in this sport. Rule change, iffy first few races, complete spec overhaul, bad season. As I have said here before, Seb needs his car on rails and it ain't.

True, but if he does bad..............? What excuse will be used is what will entertain me the most.

The real question becomes just how bad is the car. If the car can't even make it through a quali or a practice without breaking down you can't really draw much from Vettel's performance.

If at the end of the year all the Renault powered teams occupy the last 3 spots in the WCC fight with 10 race finishes spread over 6 drivers and 19 races you can't say the only reason Vettel won 4 years in a row was because of the car and this year proves that. Nobody here would argue that If you put Alonso in a Maurusia or a Caterham that he would somehow win a WDC.

The real question becomes just how bad is the car. If the car can't even make it through a quali or a practice without breaking down you can't really draw much from Vettel's performance.

If at the end of the year all the Renault powered teams occupy the last 3 spots in the WCC fight with 10 race finishes spread over 6 drivers and 19 races you can't say the only reason Vettel won 4 years in a row was because of the car and this year proves that. Nobody here would argue that If you put Alonso in a Maurusia or a Caterham that he would somehow win a WDC.

Absolutely. It would be nonsense to suggest Vettel has lost it with a malfunctioning car. However, I believe he will lose it with RBR if this incarnation turns out to be uncompetitive. I certainly do not think he will even continue with it if can't be fixed.

Man are people making excuses for Vettel already? Ok if it's mechanical issues that make the Redbull uncompetitive then it's not really sebs fault, but if its just a dog, then seb needs to pull his socks up and get on with it. If these rumors are true about him loosing it in the garage and having a hissy fit, I can't remember Schumi or senna doing that, they just shutup and drove the wheels of it. If the rumors are true, there's no way I'd hold him as an all time great. It's ok to be annoyed and speak of your frustrations but to throw your toys out the pram, that's a whole new kettle of fish IMO.