Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Redbull Woes Continue.

SS Gruppenführer Dr. Helmut Marko came clean today on just what a complete mess RBR find themselves in. They say only Renault can help them but it seems to me that Adrian went to the drawing board a little late in the day for his latest creation. There again, that's the carousel of F1. Williams, Ferrari, Lotus, Renault and RBR have all dominated the sport for long periods of time followed by long periods of complete famine. It's what it is.

Well if other Renault cars out perform Redbull it will cause some chatter. Which IMO, I think is more than just the engine, they were caught on the back foot, everyone else put in the extra yards to make sure Redbull are beaten this year, I think Redbull played a bit safe and thinking Newey would save the day again. I think it's changing of the guard, time to see some Vettel tantrums. If Redbull fail this year, Seb will most certainly leave, doesn't he have a clause in his contract stating that whatever contract he has, it's invalid if the car doesn't perform? Meaning he can just up and leave.

It will be interesting to see whether he 'does an Alonso' and b*tches constantly to the media about his team, or whether he remains a jovial gent and just gets on with it. I didnt know about that contract thing but I'd be interested to know what's meant exactly by whether the car 'performs' or not.

SS Gruppenführer Dr. Helmut Marko came clean today on just what a complete mess RBR find themselves in. They say only Renault can help them but it seems to me that Adrian went to the drawing board a little late in the day for his latest creation. There again, that's the carousel of F1. Williams, Ferrari, Lotus, Renault and RBR have all dominated the sport for long periods of time followed by long periods of complete famine. It's what it is.

I don't like Marko that much after the comments he made about Mark Webber a couple of years ago, but at least he's being honest unlike most f1-folk.

RBR struggling is even more reason to scrap the double-points rule. My entirely un-bold prediction is that Lewis Hamilton will be our next world champ.

Actually talking of Williams, although they won a lot of titles, I think the only season they really dominated was 1992. and '93 to a lesser extent. Oh and '96. OK fair enough I'm wrong.

Apparently he has an exit clause, that allows him to leave (even if still under contract) if the car isn't up to pace. But in saying that, where would he go? Ferrari is certainly out the picture ATM like it was once rumoured. Then again, how bad do the Scuderia want him? I think they want to emulate the Schumi era.

I'd find it hard to believe that they want to do a Schuey-era all over again when they've just recruited a big name to have 2 equal number 1's.

I guess like any sportsman he'll go where 1) the best chance of winning and 2) the most money. At the end of 2014 the team winning the most is anyone's guess right now! In terms of resources and talent though why would you ever want to leave Red Bull.

I'd find it hard to believe that they want to do a Schuey-era all over again when they've just recruited a big name to have 2 equal number 1's.

I guess like any sportsman he'll go where 1) the best chance of winning and 2) the most money. At the end of 2014 the team winning the most is anyone's guess right now! In terms of resources and talent though why would you ever want to leave Red Bull.

I couldn't drive for Rb, the marketing adventures would be like no other, just with all the things they do, plus I can't stand Marko, he would have a punch to the head if I was there.

I expect 90% of the drivers would happily do any marketing/PR work asked of them if it meant driving for RBR! Anyways I see more of that kind of thing from mclaren. I'm sure by mid-2014 there will be TV adverts in the UK with Kevin Magnussen looking pensive in black and white, showing off his watch. Or his lubricant.

Oooh dear. The Renault engined cars were not faring a lot better this current test - Red Bull, Caterham, Lotus, Torro Rosso all bottom of the time sheets and had issues.

Mercedes, Force India and Williams all looking pretty handy.

Looks like Renault have some technical woes whilst Mercedes are in better shape.

Still, should make for some interesting results :)

Wouldn't it be awesome if Williams were back at the front? After his time at Ferrari and so long between wins for Massa, IMO deserves all the success he can get, could he and Bottas bring them back? Who knows but it's certainly a strong lineup.

Well looks like Redbull has finally confessed that there in BIG trouble, there down a heck of alot of power to the mercs, here's the story, I don't want to spoil it.

http://www.gptoday.com/details/view/479417/Red_Bull_We8217re_missing_165_horsepower_to_the_leading_Mercedes_about_30kph_on_the_straights/

So it looks like Ricciardo inherits Webber's luck hey?

Wouldn't it be awesome if Williams were back at the front? After his time at Ferrari and so long between wins for Massa, IMO deserves all the success he can get, could he and Bottas bring them back? Who knows but it's certainly a strong lineup.

I would dearly love to see Williams have success again, I always have; however if Massa gets poles and wins a part of me will wonder 'crikey imagine what Alonso would do in that car then'.

Regarding Renault, BBC's chief f1 writer reckons if Renault really are that massively behind in melbourne then the sport will somehow step in and make changes to bring things back to 'normal', simply because F1 can't afford for one engine manufacturer to drop out due to embarrassment. So, if the Renault teams are all 4 seconds a lap slower at melbourne, something will be done to allow them to sort it out and create a more level playing field.

ah, nice to see you back Alehop

You'll see me again when Alonso trash Kimi every race. Mwhahahaha...

Nice to see you!

You'll see me again when Alonso trash Kimi every race. Mwhahahaha...

Nice to see you!

I second that lol.

Me? A Vettel fan? Ha! Far from it, I can't stand the spoilt little brat, after he consistantly thumped my man Webber, as a person, he is a complete a-hole but as a race driver, he is phenomenal.

Oh, how long have you personally known Vettel to make that statement?

Oh, how long have you personally known Vettel to make that statement?

Not me no, but I personally know Sam Michael's brother and the stories that the press don't get hold of and what I've heard will blow you away, but that's besides the point, iam entitled to my opinion weather you like it or not, did I touch a nerve there big fella? If you read my post properly instead of only noticing what you want to notice, you'll see I have alot of respect for Vettel as a driver, person, he needs to proove he has matured and not have a hissy fit at Jerez and fly straight back home.

Ohh and nice way to introduce yourself,this is a very small community where most members know each other by there real name and all get along quite well, don't distance yourself buy lashing out as soon as your membership is working.

Bummer for RBR. I think they will get on top of things soon though. Sounds like they are dealing with dozens of issues. Speed wise, when the car is running properly they are top 5 at least, maybe 3rd or 4th. You'd be a fool to count them out of this year right now. They might have problems, but problems get fixed, they get more consistent, watch out.

Bummer for RBR. I think they will get on top of things soon though. Sounds like they are dealing with dozens of issues. Speed wise, when the car is running properly they are top 5 at least, maybe 3rd or 4th. You'd be a fool to count them out of this year right now. They might have problems, but problems get fixed, they get more consistent, watch out.

They want to hurry up, first race is fast approaching and as I think this will be a topsy turvy championship, they'll need points right of the bat.

I wanna see how Seb Vettel handles a Sub-Par machine.coolio.gif

Red Bull this season looks like good for 6th place on construction championship byebye.gif

Massa on the other hand did the best move. heyjoeani.gif Go Felipe ! party0775.gif

I'm sure Alonso is thinking of moving to Williams too eekout.gif

Nico might kick Hamilton's behind this season. pop.gif Hamilton at least has a crying shoulder in pussycat doll. itsok.gif

Felipe and Williams do look pretty handy don't they? As do force India, I Beleive there going to be the dark horse, strong lineup and a car that seems to be quite quick.

Hamilton at least has a crying shoulder in pussycat doll. itsok.gif

I think you might be about 12 months behind the times my friend!!! He has his dogs to cry on now instead.

Would love to see Massa and Bottas fighting for the win in 13 days' time.

I think you might be about 12 months behind the times my friend!!! He has his dogs to cry on now instead.

Would love to see Massa and Bottas fighting for the win in 13 days' time.

Actually they are back together. And I thought there's only 1 dog, not dogs , no ? shades.gif

Nobody has seen Roscoe in ages what.gif . In fact Lotus put a hashtag on the side of their car last year saying #WhereIsRoscoe

s1_1.jpg

As for the Pussycat, they are back together and engaged I believe. At least until they break up again...

Back together? Yet again?? I didnt know about Roscoe either. I obviously haven't been looking at my Twitter often enough.

Yeah there on and of like a light switch, same as his performance on the circuit.

I think they are engaged now too. Not sure if she's a genuine sweet girl or not. Hard to tell with the Hollywood types. But she's probably good for him. Maybe she was his first love. At any rate, I guess Roscoe got demoted or found a new home.