Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Williams Launches New Livery

Bloody awesome. Finally got away from the stagnant navy blue and white.

It's still not as good as the mockups we saw last year though. I think the lines going over the engine cover are too small. Side on, there's too much white space. I don't know why, but it seems alot of the teams over the years go as conservative as possible. Look at Sauber, their colours used to look great, with that teal, blue and the big Red Bull logo. The last few years it's just white and grey and probably the most boring cars I've ever seen.

I like the race suits however, they look good, but I hope Williams tweak their design more for next year or something, as it's too understated at the moment.

Yeah there is still a bit to much open space left isn't there? Still, it's better than the "old man" colors.

Not a fan of Vermouth, but I'm glad to see the Martini Racing colors on the grid. Too bad the best driver Williams could get is Massa....but at least Bottas is there to give the place a little talent.

Massa, was almost world champion, he is right up there in terms of talent and speed. Just because he didnt take the title, doesn't make him a driver frowned apon, he never lost his speed after his shocking accident, just found it hard to find it again.

'Almost' world champion is no real distinction. But lots of great drivers were almost world champion. I don't ding Massa for that....he's just...annoying. He whines about everything in his squashed little troll voice and only wins when he happens to be leading a race. He's inconsistent and a bit ugly. Half of what I just said was in jest; I leave it to you to decide what half. :)

It was disappointing that we couldnt see what Massa can do in Melbourne. Although Bottas is rated highly, Massa's reputation will take another battering if he doesnt match and beat the young Finn regularly.

People talk about 2008 but that's SIX years ago - for the last 5 years he's been made to look slow by a great team-mate. I hope he has a great year though.

Bottas drove incredibly well, really impressed me. As for Massa, he sometimes show a splash of his former self, just a shame he can't find it more often, maybe this Williams move will proove yet that it was the best decision for him.

That car looked seriously quick. My main complaint is that the livery doesn't look as good on track, most of the time the car looks as white as a dishwasher.

I liked the testing livery, myself, but then I was born in 2009 and don't have any sense of history.