Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Malaysian Gp Qualy And Race

What a joke, send them out, what ever happened to actually using a heavy wet tyre in the wet. Back in the day senna, Prost,Mansell, Schumacher, they would all go out in that weather, what ever happened to sending them out first? I think there taking it a bit to far IMO.

The genius of F1... Lets race in Malaysia but delay everything if there happens to be any rain. Better yet if the track will be designed to collect standing water... Brilliant!

None of them would go out in this weather with these cars, as they would know that it's not a problem of weather conditions being dangerous (although they are) but because these cars just don't work the same way the old cars did, and would be totally worthless under this heavy rain.

What's the point going out if you know that you will spin the minute you exceed 20 mph?

You do have a point but IMO I think they leave it to late in the afternoon to hold these sessions in these tropical countries, it get extremly dark and visibility would be a major issue. I think after so many sessions in these conditions in the past years at this circuit,they would have decided to hold it earlier, you think that could be an issue?

None of them would go out in this weather with these cars, as they would know that it's not a problem of weather conditions being dangerous (although they are) but because these cars just don't work the same way the old cars did, and would be totally worthless under this heavy rain.

What's the point going out if you know that you will spin the minute you exceed 20 mph?

You are perfectly right, of course, but given that this weather (and the time of day when the rain occurs) is perfectly predictable in Malaysia this time of year, it's ridiculous that there is a race now. It's the same every year, the quali gets delayed or the race gets delayed or cut short. Just don't have the race there this time of year!

You do have a point but IMO I think they leave it to late in the afternoon to hold these sessions in these tropical countries, it get extremly dark and visibility would be a major issue. I think after so many sessions in these conditions in the past years at this circuit,they would have decided to hold it earlier, you think that could be an issue?

You are perfectly right, of course, but given that this weather (and the time of day when the rain occurs) is perfectly predictable in Malaysia this time of year, it's ridiculous that there is a race now. It's the same every year, the quali gets delayed or the race gets delayed or cut short. Just don't have the race there this time of year!

Ahhh, therein lies the rub...Why do they keep racing at this time of the year, at this time of the day in Malaysia? I don't know but it doesn't seem too smart a thing to do. I woke up 4.50 in the morning to watch this qualy session and I must say I'm not amused! :yawn:

I lived in Malaysia on small island called Penang, when I was a kid, my farther was in the airforce at butterworth, but it doesn't matter if its summer or winter, it storms/monsoon every day at about 4pm as its still 30+degrees in winter and quite hot at night. Simple, hold the race and quali at about lunch time.

Ahhh, therein lies the rub...Why do they keep racing at this time of the year, at this time of the day in Malaysia? I don't know but it doesn't seem too smart a thing to do. I woke up 4.50 in the morning to watch this qualy session and I must say I'm not amused! yawn.gif

Same here, alarm set for 3.55 to watch rain fall.., might explain some of the crankiness on my part ;P.

I'm watching it through an internet service and it's worst than any illegal streaming at the moment. sad.png

Vettel fans can finally get some rest. What he is doing in this qualy session is stunning. This kind of display is what everybody else was asking from him.

Well, after all the delays and such, they made it worth the wait :)

Hope the race is as exciting.

It seems the power disadvantage for RB and Ferrari is not so big problem vs. Mercedes in the wet. I think we must pray for a race in the rain if we want to have some excitement or it will be a cakewalk for both HAM and ROS.

Well what a fascinating qualifying session,Mercedes are still alot faster even in the wet, alonso suprised me, but tomorrow I think it will be a Mercedes 1/2 and Vettel third, ricciardo 4th. Hopefully Ricciardo gets the better of Vettel but it will be an intresting race, bit dissappionted with Kimi after showing some very quick times in practice. Although I Beleive ricciardo and both ferraris are literally the dark horses of this race. Bring on the race and hope ricciardo beats them all of the line into turn one, lol.

I could help but notice how run down the Malaysian track looked. Even the new turf/sod on come of the corner run off areas was brown. Why do we go to this country anyway?

Race day will see the stands mostly empty anyway. F1 sure is packing them into the crap circuits isn't it.

Happy Vettel did well today, but he did stuff it trying to be smart about getting over the line right as the time ran out. Still it's a worry the RBR, it's not free of bugs yet.

Here's hoping it's a dry race, and we can see some of Kimi's pace from yesterday.

Yeah your right about the circuit, I noticed massive puddles in the gravel traps and just overall looked quite tatty.

I see lewis is trying to sike seb out abit by saying he wasnt even pushing on his pole lap, seb angry at Rosberg, I think he is feeling the pressure ATM and a good result today will be just what he needs to relax abit.

Ahhh, therein lies the rub...Why do they keep racing at this time of the year, at this time of the day in Malaysia? I don't know but it doesn't seem too smart a thing to do. I woke up 4.50 in the morning to watch this qualy session and I must say I'm not amused! yawn.gif

Same here, alarm set for 3.55 to watch rain fall.., might explain some of the crankiness on my part ;P.

You're the reason it is run at this time of the afternoon, and was moved to this laterrace time slot so that you lot didn't have to get up at 1am to watch the race. So blame yourselves :P nur nur

The race used to be run with a 1pm start just like every other race at the time, but Bernie, most likely at the behest of CVC concluded that the European audience not havng to stay up late, or get up early was more important than having a dry race, or a race starting on time.

Hence Melbourne being pushed to dusk, Malaysia to monsoon time, Singapore into the night, and Abu Dhabi as a day nighter.

I could help but notice how run down the Malaysian track looked. Even the new turf/sod on come of the corner run off areas was brown. Why do we go to this country anyway?

Race day will see the stands mostly empty anyway. F1 sure is packing them into the crap circuits isn't it.

Happy Vettel did well today, but he did stuff it trying to be smart about getting over the line right as the time ran out. Still it's a worry the RBR, it's not free of bugs yet.

Here's hoping it's a dry race, and we can see some of Kimi's pace from yesterday.

Why do they go there?

Peter Sauber was once sponsored by Petronas, as Mercedes is now. Petronas being Malaysian and all goes a long way to explain things. They've been in F1 a long time.

Also, Bernie needed an Asian race. At the time, going to China or Korea was out of the question, as it would be now to consider Vietnam or Thailand. Malaysia has a car manufacturing industry (Proton to name but one) so this too would play a part.

And, the track isn't half as bad as F1 makes it look. The F1 cars are half the reason a lot of these Tilke circuits produce flat racing, but as Malaysia was one of his first, this race track has still provided good racing over the years (especially compared to one such as Abu Dhabi).

You're the reason it is run at this time of the afternoon, and was moved to this laterrace time slot so that you lot didn't have to get up at 1am to watch the race. So blame yourselves tongue.png nur nur

Oh,no! Don't blame us Americans for the time schedule! Melbourne is held at 3 a.m. my time so the only ones that are aired at an "acceptable" time are the Canadian, US and Brazilian GP. If they raced at Malaysia 4 hours earlier or so, I would be a happier person!

Wake up! Ok, I know they're doing installation lap after installation lap but it still can rai. :pray

Massa!

Seriously, telling him "Bottas is faster than you" was not the most diplomatic thing to say :lol: