Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Malaysian Gp Qualy And Race

I want to see Frank's face when Massa decided to stay ahead. The sky will fall over his head.

A certain Southamerican driver dared to defy Williams' orders back in '81. Ask him how it went...

A certain Southamerican driver dared to defy Williams' orders back in '81. Ask him how it went...

Who was it? I was too young in 1981. :whistling:

Is he that Mazacane you frequently talk about? :P

Who was it? I was too young in 1981. whistling.gif

Is he that Mazacane you frequently talk about? tongue.png

Oh, please, don't try to make me look old because that won't work. Unfortunately, I can't tell you who the driver was because...I forgot :eusa_think:

Wait, who are you? What am I doing here? And why am I wearing no pants? No, forget it, that part I recall.

BTW, Hulkenberg is the real deal. Amd I'm starting to think that so is Kvyat, and perhaps K-Mag as well, which is always hard to tell due to the blinding light of media overhype. Not too brilliant in his scrap with Kimi, though.

As for DR, confirmed, he is like Webber...just that he had all the bad luck Webber had in the past 14 years in a single race. :lol:

,,,And now DR gets a 10 place penalty for Bahrein? WTF? Just shoot the poor b#####d and end his misery!

10-grid penalty for unsafe release? That penalty for Ricciardo is absolutely absurd. People in the FIA are getting old and they don't even wear pants! Oh... Hmmm...

I really like Kvyat even though he nearly ruined Alonso's Q2 :whistling: No, seriously he is doing a solid job plus he speaks fluent Spanish and I like his approach to the GP. Go Kvyat!

:lol:

Ok, I just read he official website and apparently this years rules state that an unsafe release automatically warrant a stop and go AND a 10 place penalty for the next race.

That's too harsh! Then again, the teams agreed to it so what do I know...

I wonder how many teams will have a whinge when they get clobbered by the rules they agreed to , great race again, I find I am warming to these cars very quickly, great to see drivers really having to driver instead of pointing it in the appropriate direction and flooring the gas

BTW, Hulkenberg is the real deal. Amd I'm starting to think that so is Kvyat, and perhaps K-Mag as well, which is always hard to tell due to the blinding light of media overhype. Not too brilliant in his scrap with Kimi, though.

Hülkenberg being the real deal is not really news anymore, is it ;P. I'm quite impressed with Kvyat and Magnussen as well, maybe more so with Kvyat, because while I expected Magnussen to be good, I wasn't so sure of Kvyat. Magnussen's incident with Kimi was unfortunate, but these things happen to everyone.

So DR ran the entire race without a fuel flow sensor because it failed on the lap to the grid......

And how are these things supposed to keep the order?

If Vettel wins his fifth title this season, I will smile, only because everyone thought he couldn't. But I'd be equally happy with Hamilton, only because everyone else seems to hate him. I just have one of those feelings that this season is going to play out well in the championship, and I hope people give it a chance. Once you get that element really part of it in a few more Grands Prix, it might ground the races in a little more when there's maybe not as much in-your-face action.

Everyone who reads my long posts (I don't even read them :P) knows I loved the 2012-13 rules package. I'm just fine with this one, too. I like F1. It seems not many people on the Internet do, but then this forum's also more active this year than it has been in a while, so maybe we're getting somewhere with these rules for pleasing a larger number of people despite a loud, loud, LOUD contingent against it. All the years standing next to the V10s and V8s have left you yelling at us. ;)

But anyway, I'm curious to watch the season develop. Race highlights for me included:

Our new fuel consumption graphic. You're the best, FOM. I love it. It gives me so many more things I know nothing about to pretend I have some kind of insight toward on Twitter/here. :)

Ricciardo and Vettel battling early. Massa and Bottas battling late. Hülkenberg and Alonso. See, that last one's why I was the only guy in the world who liked Valencia: when you get turn after turn after turn, you can pass, repass, pass, repass. That section of the track let Hülkenberg keep Alonso honest a little longer. I like turns. No wonder I'm so into NASCAR; they're turning the whole time on some of those tracks. :P

The tires not lasting that long. Once teams get the new rules figured out and start determining when to push (they have extra capacity, from what I can tell, but aren't ready yet), that will mean more. And that's a good compromise for me, loving the last generation Pirellis. I look forward to it.

I could help but notice how run down the Malaysian track looked. Even the new turf/sod on come of the corner run off areas was brown. Why do we go to this country anyway?

Race day will see the stands mostly empty anyway. F1 sure is packing them into the crap circuits isn't it.

You want to see the most rundown FIA Grade I track in the world? Indianapolis. The place is an absolute dump. Outdated, falling apart, unpleasant to look at.

They ought to cancel the Indianapolis 500, don't you think? :)

I wonder: does the size of the crowd impact anyone's enjoyment of the race on TV? Or do you just need something to complain about? I know we all care to some degree about F1's future success so we have it to enjoy, but if we never enjoy it because we only worry about its future success, why do we care about its future success, again? :P

Crowd looked just fine to me in the few shots you can see them.

As for DR, confirmed, he is like Webber...just that he had all the bad luck Webber had in the past 14 years in a single race. laugh.png

I'd hate to Bianchi Kvyat here, because after three races or so, I went all-in on the Bianchi bandwagon only for him to never do anything again and only be the slightest bit quicker than Chilton for the rest of the year. So, I'll wait. But boy am I surprised with how well he's done so far. Good stuff. Rookies are fun.

The fuel usage stats were interesting - I noticed that both Williams cars were well down on fuel usage - surely this suggests they should have turned the wick up a bit? As 1) they are carrying more fuel/weight (slowing them down) and 2) It does not benefit them to be under-using fuel??

Implies that if they were on a par with the others in terms of fuel usage that they would be a lot faster....(?)

10-grid penalty for unsafe release? That penalty for Ricciardo is absolutely absurd. People in the FIA are getting old and they don't even wear pants! Oh... Hmmm...

I really like Kvyat even though he nearly ruined Alonso's Q2 whistling.gif No, seriously he is doing a solid job plus he speaks fluent Spanish and I like his approach to the GP. Go Kvyat!

Agree about the penally - nonsense. Three places max at the worst. I like Kvyat, so does Ferrari I hear. He and Magnussen are the Kimi and Alonso of tomorrow. I don't see anyone else with that kind of promise coming up.

Agree about the penally - nonsense. Three places max at the worst. I like Kvyat, so does Ferrari I hear. He and Magnussen are the Kimi and Alonso of tomorrow. I don't see anyone else with that kind of promise coming up.

Even three places is too harsh. I think the driver should get no penalty for unsafe release if he stops the car as soon as he knows he's got a loosy wheel. And if he stops the car it's penalty enough. But hey, as QuietOne said they agreed on that so...

I'd put Bottas to the same generation as Kvyat and Magnussen, and Hülkenberg is not that old yet either.

Massa!

Seriously, telling him "Bottas is faster than you" was not the most diplomatic thing to say laugh.png

Agreed - what on earth were they thinking using that choice of words? Either they're trying to be humorous or they really are stupid! I'm not sure how I feel about Felipe's decision though. I'm very much against Seb in multi-21, but then I'm glad that Felipe ignored the order.

Even three places is too harsh. I think the driver should get no penalty for unsafe release if he stops the car as soon as he knows he's got a loosy wheel. And if he stops the car it's penalty enough. But hey, as QuietOne said they agreed on that so...

I agree it's way too harsh. And what about being pushed backwards down the pitlane, isn't there a rule against that? And why does this stuff STILL never, ever happen to Seb!

I knew it. I knew Ricciardo would inherit Mark's horrid luck at Red Bull. I wonder if Porsche will have a vacant seat for him at Le Mans next year?